TIME OFF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Denno

Reserve Grader
Why not .......-

The ball goes out of play......Time off......No time wasters,
No getting ripped off watching goal kickers placing ball,
i reckon we lose about 3-4 mins game time watching nothing.
Ball out ,TIME OFF ::

It's Toddy's new rule for 2014. There is automatic time off in the last 5 minutes, but only for between the conversion kick and the kickoff. It's half baked. If they are going to have automatic time off It should be time off between the try being awarded and the kickoff. Plus all the other things that can waste time the last 5 minutes like taking penalty shots at goal or kicking into touch or over the deadball line.

The Panthers took an eternity on EVERY restart today. For Jamie Meoward to be blowing up about the time off in the last minute is a joke.

Brissie Kid said:
It's Toddy's new rule for 2014. There is automatic time off in the last 5 minutes, but only for between the conversion kick and the kickoff. It's half baked. If they are going to have automatic time off It should be time off between the try being awarded and the kickoff. Plus all the other things that can waste time the last 5 minutes like taking penalty shots at goal or kicking into touch or over the deadball line.

With the second last try time wasn't called off until after Killer had the shot. With the last try Tom went over right on 79.00 minutes. Why was time called off before Killer had the kick. I thought the league allowed 90 secs. Seems to be different rues in the last minute.

NRL's own website doesn't even know how Toddy's time off rule works! It's only from 75th minute and only from after the conversion and when the kick off is taken. They also forgot that Penrith were in the same situation against Storm earlier in the year and got a penalty kick at goal after a short kick off to try to win the game. The kick missed.

http://www.nrl.com/clock-dramas-infuriate-penrith/tabid/10874/newsid/81455/default.aspx

Timekeeping issues and a controversial try have drawn the ire of Penrith's captain and coach after their dramatic last-minute 26-25 loss to Manly at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.

Under the new 2014 rule changes, time is to be blown off every time points are scored in the last five minutes of a half – which has added to the drama of any number of grandstand finishes already this year.

But Penrith were left fuming by a controversial decision firstly not to check the game's final try, which put the hosts in front by one, then by a failure of the timekeepers to blow time off – denying Penrith valuable seconds in their bid to earn a field goal to force extra time.

Manly had been three points behind with around 75 seconds remaining when five-eighth Kieran Foran hoisted a bomb that was recovered by Manly before Tom Symonds crossed in the corner. Several chasers were very close to being offside at the time of the kick.

Lyon's missed sideline conversion meant a field goal in the final 15 or so seconds from Penrith – if they could regather from the kick-off – would have forced golden point extra time. With every second crucial, the kick-off ended up bouncing into touch to end the game, but club skipper Jamie Soward was left furious at lost seconds after the final try, while his coach bemoaned the decision not to employ the video referee to check the offside.

"I would have liked them to go to the video; I actually thought a couple of those kick chasers were really close," Cleary said after the game.

"It would have stopped the clock too which would have been nice. I still can't believe they didn't go to the video. They go up there every time don't they? But on that kick, on the last try of the game, the game's over, when there's so many things that could have happened [that could have affected whether a try should have been awarded]. Unfortunately that's the way they game goes. I just wanted them to check and see if those guys were onside."

Soward suggested at least 15 seconds were lost, which could have proved critical in his side's search for a late equaliser.

"How long does it take to kick a field goal? Five or six seconds to get the ball back?" he said.

"The time stopped for the second last try. It didn't stop [for the last] until I stood up – obviously we were devastated they scored. It didn't stop til I stood up and walked forward and I said 'what about the time?'

"He [the on-field referee] said 'I asked for the time to stop 15 seconds ago', it didn't stop, I think you all heard that on the audio."

Soward said he wasn't criticising the on-field officials so much as the timekeepers for that blunder, but agreed with his coach the last try should have been checked.

"We go for everything else. If it decides the game – it's not like it was a consolation try – it would have been nice to check they were all definitely onside and check the grounding, I think that would have been fair enough from our points of view."

Come on boys we all know Penrith only wanted the last try checked so it would stop the clock.

I still think ball out of play at anytime in the game ,stop the clock,ref does not call time off ,its stopped by time keeper,fans pay heaps of money to watch nothing,hooter sounds....game over .....!

soward partly has himself & his team mates to blame for running out of time.
when hasson scored in the 64th minute lyon had kicked the goal & almost reached the half way line(jogging) before any penrith player left the in goal. they ambled back & stuffed around wasting plenty of time.
same thing happened after lyon scored in the 77th minute but killer ran straight up to the ref to ensure they called time off, even then valuable seconds were wasted.

What a knob, whinged all game. They got the rub of the green all day and still whined. They took their sweet time on every restart particularly when it suited them.

I understand where he is coming from but he carried on like a bad a curry

Us as fans are getting ripped off here it ,would be interested to see how much game time we actually see 58-68 mins AFL has it all over us on this issue...
Ball out of play stop the CLOCK.......

Honestly this time off and us getting ripped off is the catalyst for the stupid rule changes we are seeing.

Its fine, there are bigger problems than the time it takes to restart play, gamesmanship is part of the game, always has been part of the game and someone that can play the ref and the clock is an assett to every team.

If we keep going down this path, soon we are going to have more refs than players

No need for more refs ,....But if a game goes for 80 mins ,why do we only see ,60 to 68 mins of action.we are getting ripped off,ball out ,time off SIMPLE...

AFL Game 100 mins ...You Get100mins of action......NRL Game 80 mins...you get 66 mins of action........rip off...?

Denno said:
No need for more refs ,....But if a game goes for 80 mins ,why do we only see ,60 to 68 mins of action.we are getting ripped off,ball out ,time off SIMPLE...

AFL Game 100 mins ...You Get100mins of action......NRL Game 80 mins...you get 66 mins of action........rip off...?

Not simple. You won the clock you own the game, I am not bothered by those last minutes

Even after one of the Penrith players was put on report for a dangerous throw on Kingdog.....Soward was still asking if they were going to get the penalty. The guy is a first class sook when it goes against him.

As for the use, or non-use as the case was, of the video ref for the final try....the NRL are victims of their own creation there. So many times we see tries sent upstairs for such silly things as checking the grounding, even if its clear as day that a try has been scored, that some coaches now pretty much expect the video ref to be used for every single try that is scored.....and when the video isn't used they seem to blow up about the unfairness of it all, especially in situations like we saw yesterday at Brookie.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2