Time for the Bulldogs and Hasler to part ways

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des' job at the Dogs is safe. He does not have the full support of the board.

When he publicly gets their full support only then should he start clearing out his office.

I think Des will retain his job but with heavy conditions and probably someone like Dymock or another ex Bulldog player as assistant coach. If Des cant keep them near the top by mid '17, then he'll be replaced by the assistant. Just a feeling that's what they'll offer as a last chance.

Jim Dymock has been the Dogs' assistant coach ever since Des got there in 2012. Dymock was actually demoted as head coach when Des came in.

Raelene had better have a pretty good plan to entice members to re-sign if they are keeping Des because there is not much reason to think 2017 will be any better than 2016 at the moment.

Raelene had better have a pretty good plan to entice members to re-sign if they are keeping Des because there is not much reason to think 2017 will be any better than 2016 at the moment.

There certainly some angst over on your Kennell forum, but like us, we know **** all apparently so you ( like us) should leave everything to the nufties who think they do!!

Tens news reporters asked Dogs CEO Raelene Castle if she had any comment to make before going in to the meeting with Des and she replied " I have no comment to make "
I guess this is better than saying Des has the full support of the board ?

No time to chat: Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler arrives at ANZ Stadium. Photo: Sarah Keayes.

Embattled Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has arrived at ANZ Stadium for the board meeting that will decide his fate.

Hasler arrived to a media scrum at about 2.30pm, before mouthing an expletive at the boom gate, and hurriedly reversing away from the waiting cameras.

He returned to the same entrance about 10 minutes later with the boom gate opened, and sped past the throng without lowering his window for a comment.

The Canterbury board is meeting with Hasler this afternoon to discuss if he should see out the final year of his contract, or be moved on.

Hasler left the meeting at 4:23pm and drove away.

The former Manly coach has taken the club to two grand finals in five years, and has never missed the top eight, but questions have been raised since a disappointing finish to this season over as to whether he fits in with the club's culture.
1476423068569.jpg

The Kennel has reported that Mortimer has resigned .
Does this mean Hasler is staying ?

One would think that if Mortimer didn't get what he wants he throws the toys out of the cot and walks out !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8