Time for the Bulldogs and Hasler to part ways

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did he lose the dressing room ?
I suspect he may have lost it before today. Did anyone see the interview Andrew Johns did with Josh Reynolds last weekend? Reynolds publicly admitted his disappointment with the game plan. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking that Des is past it, the bulldogs issues are more to do with destabilisation, being caused by internal people. Eels mark 2 over there at present.

Des did say we've got an off season to think about it so he is planning on being there next year.

I am a little surprised that he hasn't won a comp with the dogs yet. They were great in 2012, got very lucky in 2014 however I thought he'd have them top 2 by this year.

Ennis swap for liccha has not worked. Trex and the hoppa Sunday thing also hasn't worked.

Anyway he is very capable so let's see what he does next year. Surely Foran will go there though the pressure will be more intense than parra so not sure how Kieran will handle that

Funny how he brings up that there might've been injuries but his team needed to be better. Wish I could hear Barrett talk like that rather than blame injuries and then say how proud he is of "the boys".
Dear God, my hate for Barrett has made me like something Hasler did. I didn't realise it was that bad.

No excuses.
Forwards orientated team has failed.
Des has had plenty to pick from & chosen to play EVERY game in the middle 3rd.
Opposition has worked it out & very rarely apart from a solo Mbye/Morris bust do the Dogs show any flair.
Considering what Hasler has had to work with I say it's been ANOTHER poor season.
Minimal injuries & predictable all day.

I'm no fan of De$ but quite disappointed in how he hasn't evolved from 2012. I was impressed (reluctantly) with the style he introduced at the Dogs in 2012, it really seemed to take everyone by surprise and got him to an unlikely GF. I really thought the Dogs were due for a big couple of years, but he just doesn't seem to have refreshed the team and moved it onwards and upwards.

Now whether this is due to internal issues/recruitment etc etc I have no idea, but it's a bit surprising.

Perhaps the Dogs style is a safe one, which will get you to the semis every year? As it will get you 12 to 13 wins every year and hence land you there. But then it is unlikely to have the xfactor to take you to the Premiership?(which seems absolutely essential).

I'm not sure, but I do think the internal workings of the Dogs are going to see him on the outer for good now.

DESpicable's game plan seems to be: if we get beaten I'll select an even bigger bloke because forwards win matches. Today's Dogs' forwards, plus their interchange, were monsters, who looked menacing before they ran out of puff. The tactic of smash 'em for five tackles then kick high-and-hope works against lesser teams - like us - but not against a team with speed and attacking flair.
DESpicable hasn't evolved. Mind you, neither has our club.

human nature is a funny thing.

I mean there are one group of supporters calling for Des' head, saying how terrible he is and he should have done better with the group of players he has....

Yet here...another group of humans somehow think that he is the guiding light to see us through our darkest injury plagued seasons into the promised land.

Not sure who is right, who is wrong but you can't get more polarised than that.

Well...except whenever Manly announces a signing then it's 50/50 like/hate!

Humans huh...who'd be one?

beep

Last edited:
Post the 2004 dogs gf win so Between 2005 and 2011 the dogs made the semis 3 from 7 times. Then Des took over and has a 5 from 5 record. So pretty good. In saying that I am surprised he hasn't won a comp there yet.

Des has only missed the semis once which was in his first year as manly coach.

human nature is a funny thing.

I mean there are one group of supporters calling for Des' head, saying how terrible he is and he should have done better with the group of players he has....

Yet here...another group of humans somehow thing that he is the guiding light to see us through our darkest injury plagued seasons into the promised land.

Not sure who is right, who is wrong but you can't get more polarised than that.

Well...except whenever Manly announces a signing then it's 50/50 like/hate!

Humans huh...who'd be one?

beep

One might say that the community of Manly supporters on this thread are as a group, bipolar. Yep we're a manic-depressive lot. Some would even say we have to be truly depressed to be completely happy.

One might say that the community of Manly supporters on this thread are as a group, bipolar. Yep we're a manic-depressive lot. Some would even say we have to be truly depressed to be completely happy.
Yep. I know people who are like that bear.

I suspect he may have lost it before today. Did anyone see the interview Andrew Johns did with Josh Reynolds last weekend? Reynolds publicly admitted his disappointment with the game plan. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking that Des is past it, the bulldogs issues are more to do with destabilisation, being caused by internal people. Eels mark 2 over there at present.
Sooner or later, it seems, most "playmakers" develope huge egos. The grub is a perfect example. Grub, not a good idea to bag De$' game plan!
Now, who was the recent eels half who thought that he knew better than Brad?

I loved the way that De$ personally invited trex to the dog's christmas party during the halftime break. Most peple,would have done it via email. Nice touch, De$!

(do the dogs have a christmas party?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8