Tim Robinson - New Eagles Signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, I had to do some sluthing here for you guys. Manly have signed Tim Robinson from The Parramatta Eels. Some information for you (pulled from various areas).

+ He started the season with Parra in their top 25 squad;
+ He spent a fair bit of time captaining Wentworthville Magpies in the 10 jersey (prop) - very mobile - also played lock (see typical Magpies team below);
+ He played a heap of backrow coming through the grades;
+ Has had his name removed from all squads after signing with Manly (pretty slack, but it's Parra remember)
+ Is Chad Robinson's brother;
+ Was a Parramatta Martist boy;
+ Played in THe Australian Schoolboys squad;
+ Was ran over by a car I believe during a footy game :) Weird, I know.

Example team (don't know why this helps - hehehehe)
Wentworthville Magpies vs. Melbourne Storm, Ringrose Park, Sunday August 29, 3.00pm
1. Domenic Nasso
2. Mark Hendy
3. Etu Uaisele
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Ken Sio
6. Tom Humble
7. Brendan Waters
8. Pele Peletelese
9. Trent Rose
10. Blake Blackburn
11. Taniela Lasalo
12. Brendan Oake
13. Tim Robinson (C)

INTERCHANGE
14. Nathan Armit
15. Manase Manuokafoa
16. Lee Te Maari
17. Grayson Goodwin

Here is a description of him from The Australian Schoolboys site (4 years ago) so would be 22 now (this info is 4 years old)

TIM ROBINSON
tomothy_robinson_size3.jpg

From Patrician Brothers Blacktown in Sydney’s West, Tim is 185cm and weighs 100kg. A member of the Combined Catholic Colleges side in 2006, Tim also plays for the Parramatta Eels in SG Ball and captained that side and the Jersey Flegg team in 2006. He also enjoys any sport that involves a ball. Tim aspires to play in the NRL in the years to come.

These are the guys in his team at the time:-
Jay Aston
Luke Capewell
Israel Folau
Obediah Geia
David Hala
Will Matthews
Kevin Proctor
Chris Sandow
Nathan Strudwick
Shannon Walker
Jeremiah Walters
Liam Foran
Joel Thompson
Aiden Tolman
Joel Brown
Chris Lawrence
Tim Mannah
William Mataka
Luke Muttdon
Joseph Paulo
Mitchell Pearce
Timothy Robinson
Ratu Peni Tagive
Cameron White

The last time Parramatta signed Tim, they said:-
"The retention of both Tim and David is very pleasing and both boys will push for First Grade spots in the future."

That's as much as I can scratch together - sorry guys. Oh, and Lowey confirming said purchase:-

Can you shed any light on any new players coming to the club next year?
Greg
Yes Greg, our football department have confirmed that we have two new young players joining us next year. They are Tim Robinson, and he's coming over from Parramatta, and Daniel Harrison who is joining us from the Bulldogs.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286188857[/time]

00003702_Image.jpg

Wow really? Chad Robinson's much younger brother. I still remember Chad back when I was still a Parra supporter, Chad has been a very consistent player, not to fancy, but is very reliable and dependable. Anyway don't know much about Tim, but he's been languishing at Wentworthville for quite some time. Wonder what we can make out of him.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286189077[/time]

p.s. I always knew we were getting someone from the Eels. After all, they pretty much send at least one of their guys over to Manly each season and I was beginning to think they might have forgotten this years donation.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286189335[/time]

Example team (don't know why this helps - hehehehe)
Wentworthville Magpies vs. Melbourne Storm, Ringrose Park, Sunday August 29, 3.00pm
1. Domenic Nasso
2. Mark Hendy
3. Etu Uaisele
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Ken Sio
6. Tom Humble
7. Brendan Waters
8. Pele Peletelese
9. Trent Rose
10. Blake Blackburn
11. Taniela Lasalo
12. Brendan Oake
13. Tim Robinson (C)

INTERCHANGE
14. Nathan Armit
15. Manase Manuokafoa
16. Lee Te Maari
17. Grayson Goodwin

As for their normal Wentworthville list. Hmmm....been a long time since I heard about them. Of all the players on the list though Brenden Oake is THE WORST!! If you guys all thought Bailey was bad, you havn't seen Oake play for you. Count yourself very fortunate.

And Trent Rose is georgie's brother and he played lower grades with Manly.

couldn't find anything on him either, seems likes he just plays each week with no write ups. Did see on a bulldogs site that former Eagles prop Tim Browne had an awesome year and many of there think he could play nrl in 2011 for Dogs. He was only a young guy with a big frame but he got injured.

Tim Browne is chronically injury prone.
I've been speaking to a few Parra Eels supporting mates...and they have been none too pleased about Robinson going, and that's what you wanted Darren - young, mobile props / forwards.

Being selected in The Australian squads must mean he's ok I guess.

yeh, Browne looked all right for us and then was injured, hard to keep them all, especially injured, I did a check on a load of sites etc and little came up of Tim. Yes Ryan, I do like that age and being a rep schoolboy even better  ;D

Maybe him, Palau and Cunningham can really step up and make the 4 prop rotation a real battle. King and Kite are certainties. Cross and Gulavou definitely need some competition. Cross was a massive disappointment this year, read some good stuff, someone on here wrote how slow he was, hope he was injured.  

Ryan, We should give you a regular spot in the Articles, "Ryan's Sleuth"

Dan

Ryan, thanks for that information.
But I'm confused - again.
We need props, yet we sign two backrowers. I watched Harrison play and he is good, but runs wide. I gather this other player is similar.
Now, if we needed backrowers, then why didn't we make Beaver an offer instead of these two guys?

a wag wrote that the car was only moving at 10km per hour, gee, that would have taken out Cross, Rose, Matai  ;D

Barry Hyland link said:
Ryan, thanks for that information.
But I'm confused - again.
We need props, yet we sign two backrowers. I watched Harrison play and he is good, but runs wide. I gather this other player is similar.
Now, if we needed backrowers, then why didn't we make Beaver an offer instead of these two guys?

Mate, I think he's played prop at certain times as well due to his mobility. He's listed in the 10 jersey quite often.

Kind of like Matt Prior, and to me, Prior is a gun.

Good to have Tim on board - and his experience will come in handy if any cars get loose on Brookie Oval....will prob push big Georgie in front of it first  ;D

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Browne was awesome in the NSW Cup GF, thought he used to be with us

Yup. Souths junior I think??? He's big, mobile. Also played a couple of first grade games. I thought he'd stick to be honest, as he stood out.

We now have Cunningham, Buhrer, Harrison, Robinson, Young, Lussick & co. who are all mobile, very young forwards. Three of those players are props (including Robinson).

Surely that's a bit better, eh Daz mate?

You could almost stick Paulau in there at prop as well.

Thanks for the inside goss Ryan, it always spices up the off season.
On a lighter note a good nickname might be "crash" ..lol

brookiegreg link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=185682.msg300998#msg300998 date=1286240046]
Thanks for the inside goss Ryan, it always spices up the off season.
On a lighter note a good nickname might be \"crash\" ..lol

Or Fenderbender
[/quote]

so long as it isn't gender bender

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8