Tim Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As soon as he walked on to the field the camera hit him and you could see the fire in his eyes. At that point i saw a young Mark Geyer. I was impressed when he bumped off petero but the aggression he put into the first 2 tackles in our first defensive set layed the benchmark for intensity for the whole game.

The only other player who could make this side better would be Tariq Sims for Ben Creagh. My jury is out on Uate atm.

I thought Grant was average at best. The stats back this up only 6 hit ups and 58 metres.

Tamou on the other hand was awesome.

Scott and Petero laid a great foundation for QLD as usual.

Stevo said:
He only played 28 minutes! What more do you want him to do?

Get involved.

They dropped Jason King for a similar performance last year.

You also neglected to mention his 26 tackles.

For comparison-

Glenn Stewart 55 metres 4 hitups 32 tackles

Tim Grant 58 metres 5 hitups 26 tackles

James Tamou 86 metres 6 hitups 34 tackles

I don't see a problem?

Thats also basically 10 metres per hit up he played opening stages to were everyone is fresh, thats decent. I thought he did well with the oppertunity he got.

Grant was on in the second half as well when QLD had the ball for most of the middle of that 2nd half. He was good for the time he was on. NSW defense won that game for them last night.

Compare him to Tamou, Scott, Petero and Shillington.

You can dig up the stats I don't need to. I know he was the 5th best prop on the field.

5th??

Shat on petro who just looks too old.

Shillington was much better this game and Scott improved as well

Tamou has been the best prop in both the opening games

Are you serious Bob? 5th best prop? Even if he was, Petero, Scott and shillington have over 30 origins between them.

I think you have a hard on for Aaron Woods.

Look Stevo its just my opinion, I am a poor judge. I picked Queensland to win and happy as **** they didnt.

I thought Grant was average, not bad but no great.

It was my opinion the other four props were better than him. The stats support my opinion but dont confirm I am right or wrong.

As I said its just my opinion. Woods is a log by the way.

Well it's my opinion that the bloke did a **** load better than ony of the other rookie props we've used in recent years, bar 1. His stats don't support your opinion at all. Tamou did 1 more hit up than him and he was on for twice as long ffs.

bob dylan said:
Look Stevo its just my opinion, I am a poor judge. I picked Queensland to win and happy as s**t they didnt.

I thought Grant was average, not bad but no great.

It was my opinion the other four props were better than him. The stats support my opinion but dont confirm I am right or wrong.

As I said its just my opinion. Woods is a log by the way.

I fully agree with you Bob. I can tell by reading your post that the thoughts you have put across are definately your own. Well done mate. :D

Stevo said:
Well it's my opinion that the bloke did a s**t load better than ony of the other rookie props we've used in recent years, bar 1. His stats don't support your opinion at all. Tamou did 1 more hit up than him and he was on for twice as long ffs.

Ok your right I am wrong.

I know

It's alright to have an opinion but if you put it out there prepare to defend it otherwise keep it to yourself.

bob dylan said:
Stevo said:
Well it's my opinion that the bloke did a s**t load better than ony of the other rookie props we've used in recent years, bar 1. His stats don't support your opinion at all. Tamou did 1 more hit up than him and he was on for twice as long ffs.

Ok your right I am wrong.

Give George Rose A Crack at Origin......... He would have a huge Crack!

I know they are rarely near the mark on the game plan but it was suggested we are going after Tim Grant. I would love to se him playing upfront for us next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4