Tigpies in Salary Cap trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just watching Greenturd's presser.

Sharks being fined $400,000 plus another $400,000 fine to possibly follow. Flanagan is being given a chance to respond before they hand down their sanctions, but its clear he breached his suspension conditions and he is to have no role at the Sharks for now. But the reality is that he's goneski regardless.

Tigpies are copping a $700,000 fine, a $639,000 salary cap penalty and CEO Justin Pascoe has been de-registered by the NRL.

For once its not Manly and he's not holding back.

Last edited:
So are both clubs copping salary cap punishment for past breaches for 2019 and 2020? Like how the NRL has hurt our future cap?

Sharks are looking at a definite $400k fine, possibly double that. No salary cap penalty though, but they will be needing a new coach. Tigpies have a $700k fine and a $639k salary cap penalty but nothing was said whether it would be for 2019 or over 2019 and 2020.

While I'm glad the NRL appears to be punishing other clubs (outside of the holy trinity of course) as heavily as they punished us, I think this is yet another example of how confusing & misunderstood the salary cap rules are.

And yes, when are the NRL going to turn their spotlight on Brisbane, Melbourne & Bondi for salary cap rorting?

While I'm glad the NRL appears to be punishing other clubs (outside of the holy trinity of course) as heavily as they punished us, I think this is yet another example of how confusing & misunderstood the salary cap rules are.

And yes, when are the NRL going to turn their spotlight on Brisbane, Melbourne & Bondi for salary cap rorting?
I agree.
It was reported that the deal in question within farah was not accepted by him, so if true and there has been zero benefit to the Tigers as a result, the punishment appears ridiculously harsh.
I feel for Pascoe because he has done a good job over the last few year despite having to punch with his hands tied behind his back.

Edit: I jumped the gun. Just saw the Tigers confirm that they did enter into the arrangement with Farah when he was leaving the club. Still seems harsh to me - reductions in salary cap only punish the fans of the relevant team.

I agree.
It was reported that the deal in question within farah was not accepted by him, so if true and there has been zero benefit to the Tigers as a result, the punishment appears ridiculously harsh.
I feel for Pascoe because he has done a good job over the last few year despite having to punch with his hands tied behind his back.

Meanwhile Cam Smith is playing on after being the beneficiary of the profits made on his & Thurston's testimonial match.

It's laughable, how blatantly the NRL favour certain clubs & players over others.

I agree.
Don't feel sorry for them as the Tigers were allowed to pay Farrah out off the 2016 Cap as they lobbied the NRL that they could not work with him at their Club. :wait:
Wish Manly had that chance afforded for Mr Plod in 2018 :mad:

Then they brought him back and offered him some ambassadore role, negating their previous Cap exemption claims :cool:

That is why they're being fined and not for the recent offer to Farrah.

Don't feel sorry for them as the Tigers were allowed to pay Farrah out off the 2016 Cap as they lobbied the NRL that they could not work with him at their Club. :wait:
Wish Manly had that chance afforded for Mr Plod in 2018 :mad:

Then they brought him back and offered him some ambassadore role, negating their previous Cap exemption claims :cool:

That is why they're being fined and not for the recent offer to Farrah.
Well, at the time, it seemed a number of people could not work with jason a Taylor so circumstances changed, but I understand what you mean. I just think salary cap reductions are such a harsh penalty - yes, points penalties are harsh too but if the squad is cap compliant, there should be no reduction. I guess time will tell whether cap reductions are the best deterrent.
And I still have no idea how Nate could have been on our books when i think he is the one who retired after moving to Melbourne. Although I am pretty sure the NRL didn’t want to give us the Choc Watmough Silver Bullett they gave Parra.

Well, at the time, it seemed a number of people could not work with jason a Taylor so circumstances changed, but I understand what you mean. I just think salary cap reductions are such a harsh penalty - yes, points penalties are harsh too but if the squad is cap compliant, there should be no reduction. I guess time will tell whether cap reductions are the best deterrent.
And I still have no idea how Nate could have been on our books when i think he is the one who retired after moving to Melbourne. Although I am pretty sure the NRL didn’t want to give us the Choc Watmough Silver Bullett they gave Parra.
Ying and yang as in 2015 Tigers were allowed to be over the Cap to flick Farrah.
Now they will be less that amount in 2019 :nerd:

After attempting to finish Manly off over the last few years, it seems the NRL have turned the blowtorch onto Wests just as they were starting to get their act together. It reeks of an agenda to destabilize fragile clubs in sydney to force a move.
Yeah but they reckon the tigpies are under the cap and wont have to shed any players and Farrar can stay too. How that works out I dont know. The only person that suffered was there CEO. You cant tell me that Farrar didnt know, then comes out with a sob story that he will walk away if it means saving the Tigpies, booo hooo, anyway thats what that Cody Kaye reported yesterday

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8