Tigpies in Salary Cap trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pt73

Bencher
Premium Member
How did they keep this quiet and I guess Toddles is picking which feather to hit them with.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...t-over-robbie-farah-deal-20181217-p50mqt.html

There is no suggestion that Farah or his agent, Sam Ayoub, have done anything wrong.

Of course not, agents are a protected species as the NRL are too gutless to take them on.

More gold:

Recent salary cap scandals involving Parramatta, Manly and now a looming crisis involving the Sharks means head office is being exceptionally vigilant about illegal payments.

That's just too funny ……...

They've certainly kept that quiet with nothing splashed on the front page of the Smellygraph or in the news headlines! Bad news at the Tigpies doesn't sell as well as at Manly.......

Used to amuse me some seasons ago when Robbie was a vocal critical of the West Tigers releasing some good or promising players when he was one of the main causes of the problem with his highest paid player position and status there . Again also seems to be some clear double standards applying and the one rule for some and different for others [ well notably for Manly of course ]] As with the Sharks , very convenient for this type of news and the timing to coincide when the public 's attention is understandably directed elsewhere .

Hearing from sauces that again a whistle blower was the only reason this came to light ...... apparently Robbie (me, me, me) Farah rang the media ..... just so he could read about himself and get his photo in the papers again ....

Todd’s looking to have the last word before Christmas. He will be trying to manufacture something to make him look big, tough and in control given what has gone on these last few weeks.

They are being investigated because they offered him a lucrative post playing career position. How is this a priblem when star after star sign with the Roosters on minimal money so that they can get a massive post playing golden handshake with Channel 9 or Fox.

The article in fox sports quotes Farrah hasn't signed off on the deal . Will the NRL get the tigers on intent ??

The article in fox sports quotes Farrah hasn't signed off on the deal . Will the NRL get the tigers on intent ??
It was an offer made in 2016 before he decided to leave for Souths. So it clearly had no ultimate impact on Farah’s decision. I really can’t see what the issue is - if it’s a breach it is so minor as to warrant nothing more than a slap over the wrist. However, as I said above, Todd is looking for some press to make him look big, tough and in control before everyone goes into hibernation for a few weeks.

Hearing from sauces that again a whistle blower was the only reason this came to light ...... apparently Robbie (me, me, me) Farah rang the media ..... just so he could read about himself and get his photo in the papers again ....

Which again doesn't say much for the NRL's auditors and salary cap investigators. Schubert and his minions are doing a bang up job policing the cap aren't they......

They've certainly kept that quiet with nothing splashed on the front page of the Smellygraph or in the news headlines! Bad news at the Tigpies doesn't sell as well as at Manly.......
Where was that grubby so called journalist Weirdler? As soon as we got hit he was drooling all over his microphone in anticipation of hanging **** on us

Picking on the weaker teams until 1 folds and they get their team in Perth...........?

Biased this may sound, but I still think that one team they would be crazy to try and relocate would be Manly. We're the only club representing anywhere in Sydney north of the Harbour. Lose that and they are leaving the area wide open for union, soccer and even Aussie rules to move in.

Biased this may sound, but I still think that one team they would be crazy to try and relocate would be Manly. We're the only club representing anywhere in Sydney north of the Harbour. Lose that and they are leaving the area wide open for union, soccer and even Aussie rules to move in.
Not to get dragged back to conspiracy theories again but it is worth noting that the Roosters have committed to the central coast. I'm not sure how popular we are in that area anymore but we certainly wouldn't have too many fans in the Bear's old region. So the way I see it the NRL could easily see the Roosters as the solution for the entire East to NE of Sydney and would just need to rename them (back) to Easts.Then include NW, SW and SE teams and one or two central teams (Souths/Parra) and the layout in Sydney starts to make sense. Hopefully it never happens, and the club would need to go bust and sell the license back before it did, but I still have my concerns that this could be in the not to distant future.

Not to get dragged back to conspiracy theories again but it is worth noting that the Roosters have committed to the central coast. I'm not sure how popular we are in that area anymore but we certainly wouldn't have too many fans in the Bear's old region. So the way I see it the NRL could easily see the Roosters as the solution for the entire East to NE of Sydney and would just need to rename them (back) to Easts.Then include NW, SW and SE teams and one or two central teams (Souths/Parra) and the layout in Sydney starts to make sense. Hopefully it never happens, and the club would need to go bust and sell the license back before it did, but I still have my concerns that this could be in the not to distant future.
Plenty of manly supporters on the coast, at the very least we'd equal our crowd at Brookie the last 5 years imo if not better it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7