Tigers Game Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would go with Hodgo and Lyon in the halves with Foran at centre.  Hoppa at fullback if Stewie is out, he must be ok if he played in the 1st grade trials. 

niccipops link said:
Watching that game was like dropping a pie after paying for it. Had it, lost it. Meat and sauce all over the ground. Bummer.

There will not be a better summation of the game than this.

At 16 points up we should not be loosing.
Am I destined to have both my teams lose from winning margins, Castleford have blown 2 good leads in games at home so far this season. Only games won have been away at Leeds & Catalan, same last year won more away from home.
Des needs to get 80 minutes of consistent footie & not just dominate in spells.

Pie looked too good.

I am sorry but we should have never let L'Strange and Hall go i would have rathered to keep them than Jason King. I know i Know king is a manly jnr and all that but i said it from the northern eagles days he is not a starting prop and he is not a great metre man and he isnt a hrad man so what is he good for. I really feel that if he wasnt a manly jnr we would have let him go years ago. not saying its all his fault tonight but they scored all their points whilst he was on the field. And we scored ours whilst he was off.

Hall in 2008 was awesome though in 2009 he was a shadow of that. King has had one good season ever for Manly and been a disappointment the rest of the time. Time to step up boys - Parra next week are waiting and though we have owned them for years, their backs will cut us to pieces.

twoqueerie was meant to start on a win that was obvious. then only reason i could see in some of the "head high" penalties was our players got up and did not milk it.

What a ****in joke.

Someone should sue the refs for that

Chip & Chase link said:
It looked like a tasty pie too

lol

tigers- Marshall, farah, that pommie giant, and heighnton for courage.
Manly- had the most brutal defence of any round 1 team, I was scared watching some
of TREXs charges and kite,rose,watmough,farrar,alr.

...lots to love about 2010 from rd1(don't believe the hype).

We were able to weather the tigpies early onslaught and had all the momentum up until the  head high shots. The only one i think that will do it tough at the judiciary will be big George, there was nothing in Foran's tackle and the West's player ducked into Kite. The Ref really came at us hard in the second half and blew us out of the game, we had about 35% possession coming off our line every time we got our hands on the ball in the 2nd half.

The right side D is a bit of a worry, everything they did was initially created from that side. Do we bring in Trent and move Foran to centre ?
Apart from the defensive lapses down the right in the 2nd half I thought our defence as a whole was quite good. The boys were showing plenty of urgency and from all the Tigers players lying around on the ground it definitely had plenty of sting. Defence is going to be very important for us this year to help relieve some of the pressure on the young guys playing in the halves.

Is there anyone else that thinks that ball from Benji to score,I think it was the 3rd or 4th try, was a mile forward. The ref gave it without a second thought, choosing not to go to the eye in the sky.

It is the 1st game of what is going to be a long season and i think there are definitely many positives we can take out of this game. If we can iron out some of the problems and have a bit of luck injury wise i.e. Brett being OK we can still do some damage in this comp.

Just got back from the Leaguesy & haven't had a chance to rewatch the game yet (other than the depressing post-match press confrence) but i've got a few thoughts from the game.

I'd like to see Hodko in the team next week, saw him warming up when I got into the ground & got excited. Foran played well but was more of a 5/8th than a halfback. Let Jamie slide back into the centers & swap with Foran as Dessie sees fit, at least the two have played in that situation together last season.

Farrar to fullback while Snake is out. He's far superior in the position compared to Robertson & is an all round better athlete. He was solid playing wing tonight at short notice. Move T-Rex #5 to fill out the line.

Why...why...why..why does Ballin not play 80min? Seu Seu was good for a bit of a burst to change things up, though his defence was disgraceful compared to Ballins'. Ballin can play 80min with no problem & I think the bench spot could be better used on Hodkinson/Cross/Gulavao.

T-Rex was fairly solid as well. He made some bad defensive reads but in his defence he hasn't played center at FG before, much more of a second rower. The Tigs targeted him so much that a few shots were bound to hit.

Forwards were great all round. Rosey was brilliant & went into the game passionately whenever he was on the field. Kingy was an offload machine & with Gifty the two of them created attacking opportunities en masse. Everyone else was solid, doing their job well. Teddy wasn't outstanding but still solid. Only complaint is that I would've like to see Rodney get some more game time.

Maxwell is a ****.

This might sound really stupid, but with Hodko in the midst, Why not have Lyon at fullback (Good in the Air, Got a footballers brain, can tackle and can slot into the backline) and foran to 5/8 and Hodko 7.

Leave the rest of the team as is.

Nate link said:
This might sound really stupid, but with Hodko in the midst, Why not have Lyon at fullback (Good in the Air, Got a footballers brain, can tackle and can slot into the backline) and foran to 5/8 and Hodko 7.

Leave the rest of the team as is.

Apparently this is an awesome idea - until you ask yourself who would be doing the short kicking into the end zone?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7