Tigers Bias

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously, how many FTA games does this terrible team get? They haven't been relevant in 8 years, and are an embarrassment to the league this year, yet Ch 9 still televise them at every opportunity. How Tigers v Sharks and Tigers v Souths gets picked over Manly v Roosters and Manly v Storm is beyond me. I know the games are picked at the beginning of the year, but it's obvious to me that Ch 9 have no intent to view the best games (how many more viewers would Tigers v Sharks get than Manly v Roosters anyway? Tigers v Souths probably another story.)

Crusher_Cleal said:
… it's obvious to me that Ch 9 have no intent to view the best games
What's best for the goose is not necessarily best for the gander. Channel 9 will telecast what they think is best for Channel 9. The quality of the match is only one of the factors they would look at.

If people want the schedule set pre season then this is what is going to happen from time to time

It's impossible to know how decimated the Tigers were going to end up, and you say that haven't done anything for 8 years, I couldnt really agree with that, over the course of that time they have probably been 1 of the more entertaining sides to watch

If we look at the selection of Tigers v Sharks this weekend, Sharks were picked to be among the top handful of sides this season, and with all the Tigers crossing over then I could see how they could have thought it would be easy to promote etc

Yeah I agree with kiwi, at the start of the season this would have been a reasonable choice

Channel 9 don't choose on likely quality of the game. They choose on likely FTA audience. It was the same a couple of years ago when roosters had 5 Friday might games in a row to open the season despite winning the wooden spoon the year before.

In a pure and just world every team will have equal Friday night games, Saturday and Sunday games. As well as Monday night games. This will not happen just yet. The next deal will probably give us that, but this deal was all about the coin and with that we take the bad calls.

Why do we get crappy with this? We don't want anyone to like us so why do you think Channel 9 would put an unpopular club on (Eagles, Sharks, Raiders and Panfers) at prime time. Monday nights are unfortunately made for teams like us.

Darren said:
Why do we get crappy with this? We don't want anyone to like us so why do you think Channel 9 would put an unpopular club on (Eagles, Sharks, Raiders and Panfers) at prime time. Monday nights are unfortunately made for teams like us.

Manly and Melbourne are hardly loved across Sydney, but they produced one of the highest rating games last season.

Fans want, and will be drawn to, a genuine contest between good sides. I would be very surprised if a Tigers vs Eels game this season, would out-rate in Sydney a Manly vs Melbourne match.

The message about the 'unfortunate' MNF is that it is considered the fourth best match of the round (after the 3 CH9 picks) so the proliferation of MNF matches we have indicate that we are rating on Pay TV.

and makes it even funnier when Ch9 whinge about losing heaps of money on their nrl coverage

Hamster Huey said:
Darren said:

Manly and Melbourne are hardly loved across Sydney, but they produced one of the highest rating games last season.

Fans want, and will be drawn to, a genuine contest between good sides. I would be very surprised if a Tigers vs Eels game this season, would out-rate in Sydney a Manly vs Melbourne match.

The message about the 'unfortunate' MNF is that it is considered the fourth best match of the round (after the 3 CH9 picks) so the proliferation of MNF matches we have indicate that we are rating on Pay TV.

Has that scheduling system changed recently ?

When MNF 1st came in, it was actually the 3rd pick of the round

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6