Thurston Comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I note Thurston making comments about what happens with video ref decisions when 'wearing a cowboys jumper'.

Now I'd be pretty annoyed If I was him tonight. Your goal kicking was terrible and you should have put us away at 20-10. Yes the decision was a joke, get over it, you still had the chance to win the game and screwed it.

His comments (like last year) point very clearly to his perception about a conspiracy against the Cows.....how is this not questioning the integrity of refs etc? As usual Greenknob will say lots without saying anything and do nothing.

I must say one thing I admired about Paul Green tonight he said 'we as a club need to get past this poor Cowboys attitude...the worlds against us' I thought that showed a real maturity from him and it put Thurston back into his childish box.

Foran said it best after the match, that sometimes the calls go your way and sometimes they don't. You take the good with the bad, and if the Cowboys are fair dinkum, Manly should never have been close enough to win the game in the first place.

Foran was clearly taken out in the cows last try far worse than our last try. Both were incorrect calls

NYEagle said:
Personally I like Thurston.

Great competitor and seems a very good bloke.

He is entitled to say what he likes. Free speech.

He may be entitled to say what he likes....but that won't necessarily come without a $10,000 price tag! (but usually does for thurston)

NYEagle said:
Personally I like Thurston.

Great competitor and seems a very good bloke.

He is entitled to say what he likes. Free speech.

No not free that should cost him about ten grand

Thurston is a serial moaner. The cows have to learn to close out games. You dont hear a thing from him when the fortune continues to smile when he wears a maroon jersey and just about big call has gone their way over the last few years.

His comment "you get used to (poor decisions) when you wear a Cowboys jersey", much like Trent Robbo's comment that the Roosters have been dudded for decades, does not imply any bias. I am not quite sure how, but Greenberg will explain it and he is the smartest and best administrator in the world.

I wonder, when JT retires, will he look back on his career with Nth Qld and dwell on the fact that he thinks there was some sort of conspiracy against them? Or will he look back objectively and come to the conclusion that the Cows simply didn't have the players to get the job done?

The bloke is clearly frustrated that he has never been able to lead his team to a premiership, no matter how good a player he personally is. The only GF he did win in 2004 was when he was nothing more than a bench warmer for the Scumdogs.

For all his moaning about the Cows and refs, he's quite happy to take any 50/50 calls that go Qld's way in Origin isn't he.....

MadMarcus said:
His comment "you get used to (poor decisions) when you wear a Cowboys jersey", much like Trent Robbo's comment that the Roosters have been dudded for decades, does not imply any bias. I am not quite sure how, but Greenberg will explain it and he is the smartest and best administrator in the world.
He made that comment twice, on field with Fittler then again in the presser. It can only be an allegation that Cows are reff'd differently to others. Can't mean anything else.
I recall Toovey's fine was for saying 'and a couple of even-up penalties at the end'.
Thurston should wear a fine this time. However Todd will probably say he'll be excused because the Cows really were dudded by a bad call (again), so naturally he was emotional.

You gotta remember Greenturds rules. No other club apart from Manly is allowed to show emotion or slur the officials.

JT, welcome to our world, as a NSW fan we are used to being dudded by officials year in year out.

How Myles headbutting Galens fist is not an automatic send off is beyond my belief too. The Grasshopper days are gone. Mistake riddled.. but not one sided anymore

Can anyone lip read?

I would love to know what Gifty said to JT at the end of the game, to which JT clearly said 'Really ?' :huh:

Jt you should have run it in the last min rather than continually look for runners hot potato style.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4