Thurston... best player in the World?

lismore_fan

Bencher
I love seeing this guy seething!

He really loses it when the decisions DON'T go his way!

See you next year, best player!

Thurston's a huge sook. Nobody else whinges like him and he had it coming, with all of the rubbish he was saying thru the week.

Funny he didn't whinge after the Cowboys second try after a blatant strip. Biggest sook in the game for sure.

Bowen and JT should be looking at themselves very hard after standing around with their hands in the air after the Foran incident.If they play to the whistle Lyon doesnt get the pass away.Oldest rule in the book -play to the whistle.

No doubt Thurston is a great player, not the best, but he lost his composure last night in the Cows time of need.
His pass over the sideline when they attacked just metres out was a man who had spat his dummy out signalling the end of their season.
Some decisions were off both ways & tbh they were given more latitude with the 10 in defence & more time NIGGLING in the play the ball. This included an obvious strip that led directly to the 2nd half try & numerous foward passes that were let go.
A true champion player uses bad calls to motivate, keeping focus on the game ahead where they have control, not living in the past in regards to a call that has come & gone.

susan said:
He butchered it but wasnt it a great tackle to stop him on the line!

If inglis made that tackle there would have been 5 replays and 3 or 4 wows from Gus followed by a speech on how wonderful he is.

The best player in the world melts under pressure. I seem to recall him losing the plot and having error filled games every finals game we've played them in.

swoop said:
Thurston, more like the best sook in the world.

After JT's mouthing off last week, if I had been coaching Manly last night, just for fun I would have instructed the players to say the word 'niggle' after every crunching tackle. Nothing else, just smash them and say 'niggle'. Would have been funny, at least in my mind.

niccipops said:
swoop said:

After JT's mouthing off last week, if I had been coaching Manly last night, just for fun I would have instructed the players to say the word 'niggle' after every crunching tackle. Nothing else, just smash them and say 'niggle'. Would have been funny, at least in my mind.

Just seeing the look of disappointment on his face was gold, but I agree nicci they should have chucked a few "niggles" in there to mess with his head even more. 2 years in a row we've finished their season and he'll have nightmares about it.

swoop said:
niccipops said:
swoop said:

Just seeing the look of disappointment on his face was gold, but I agree nicci they should have chucked a few "niggles" in there to mess with his head even more. 2 years in a row we've finished their season and he'll have nightmares about it.
JT should be sponsored by Kleenex.
Another thing that amuses me is that the Manly hating army constantly accuse Manly of being whingers and all they do is whinge about Manly.
Gold.

I'm not a great fan of Thurston as a player, but blowing up at the ref out of frustration shows passion and a will to win at all costs.
As a bloke, he is one of the best. I can not remember a time he kicked or missed a goal and didn't pick up the tee and hand it to the ball boy. Last night he pushed away their media manager to give his headgear to a kid. Win lose or draw, he always has time for fans. He may sook, he may blow up deluxe, but he seems a genuine nice guy.

This crap doesn't belong here.

Thurston did nothing but try to get his side over the line. He blew up deluxe a couple of times but if those calls had gone against us, we would be doing the same.

From all reports, Thurston is a good bloke.

Bagging the guy is unwarranted.

simon64 said:

Thurston did nothing but try to get his side over the line. He blew up deluxe a couple of times but if those calls had gone against us, we would be doing the same.

At the press conference Thurston the good bloke did not show good sportsmanship by admitting We were the better team on the night and deserved the win . Thurston can go and get ****ed !!!

simon64 said:

This is exactly where it belongs.
It is nauseating, self righteous, sanctimonious guff that doesn't belong here.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2