Thursday Night - what do you want to happen?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers said:
simon64 said:
The wife gives me a nudge and wink.

;):D

Mine is going to give me a root instead.

I saw a bloke drive down the one-way street (the wrong way) at Toukley. He took out a tree right in front of the post office.

I suppose that was one way to get a root and now he has branches everywhere. :p

HappilyManly said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Not sure what games Manly have set as 'traditional games' if you can call it that.

Manly's traditional game is always played on a Sunday in October, we call it 'Grand Final Day'.:sleepy:

good call there Happy...We're trying to 'steal' that from you guys :D

I just looked and am gobsmacked @Roger_Ramjet has received 12 "likes"!!

Surely not, what are you doing Silvertailers???

Just having a discussion with a mate who is a chooks fan regarding the anomaly with the NRL's "Home Region" finals and what a joke they are.

What competition has their "home finals" determined by who comes 2nd and 3rd?

If Chooks finish 2nd and us 1st we'll play at ANZ
If Rabbits finish 2nd and us 1st we'll play at Allianz
If Rabbits finish 1st and us 2nd we'll play the Chooks at Allianz ( their home ground )
If Chooks finish 1st and us 2nd we'll play the Rabbits at ANZ ( their home ground )

Fair system eh?

Who to death ride the most?

I think the roosters have no problems front running.

If, and I obviously hope this is not the case, we don't manage to overcome the cowgirls (which is not decided until later). The roosters winning tonight will leave them at the top and they are going to be comfortable from last years MP (deserved - well, if you discount the salary cap rorting and general Politis corruption) and the GF (undeserved - outplayed and only a blatant forward pass saved them). We don't want this one little bit.

The vermin on the other hand have proved over and over again that they can't front run. They can't even score a try in April without celebrating like they have won the GF (... In April and of course August again as we all saw...) The media help it along with the Vermin DT/Nein Jizz Fest we all know about. If they win tonight and God forbid also claim the MP they will implode. I think this might be the less of two evils.

Who do we want to play, if in the terrible case we do lose to the cowgirls, in the first week of the finals? I say who cares they are both as hard as each other. We are playing away from home regardless - standard shafting by the NRL.

I say, as others, I hope for a suspension/injury (within reason) plagued game that ends in a draw. Or worst case scenario Souths win. They carry on like absolute pork chops and eventually get knocked out again.

So death riding position activated - open SportsTAB.

Who to death ride the most?

I think the roosters have no problems front running.

If, and I obviously hope this is not the case, we don't manage to overcome the cowgirls (which is not decided until later). The roosters winning tonight will leave them at the top and they are going to be comfortable from last years MP (deserved - well, if you discount the salary cap rorting and general Politis corruption) and the GF (undeserved - outplayed and only a blatant forward pass saved them). We don't want this one little bit.

The vermin on the other hand have proved over and over again that they can't front run. They can't even score a try in April without celebrating like they have won the GF (... In April and of course August again as we all saw...) The media help it along with the Vermin DT/Nein Jizz Fest we all know about. If they win tonight and God forbid also claim the MP they will implode. I think this might be the less of two evils.

Who do we want to play, if in the terrible case we do lose to the cowgirls, in the first week of the finals? I say who cares they are both as hard as each other. We are playing away from home regardless - standard shafting by the NRL.

I say, as others, I hope for a suspension/injury (within reason) plagued game that ends in a draw. Or worst case scenario Souths win. They carry on like absolute pork chops and eventually get knocked out again.

So death riding position activated - open SportsTAB.

Let me know what you think @Shoe1

I was at Canberra Friday, it was awesome. Off to the STate Theatre tomorrow night then the Opera House Monday.

Shoe1 said:
I'm off to see @bob_dylan at the state theatre.

was happy with a roosters win, that puts them on 6 straight. Seems to be around that point that in this day and age the streaks come to an end and you hit a hurdle or two before recovering. The changes in the way the game is played seems to make it harder to really go on a run, and stay at the top of your game for any longer. While they looked clinical when it mattered last night, the closing period showed they can clock off and would be worrying for them. I reckon they have 1 win left in them. I just hope we can come away with the win, so those two belt each other around again next week.

bob dylan said:
Shoe1 said:
Great so far, cowboy music

We'll as he says in one of his songs, "I am in
a cowboy band"

I didn't mean nq cowboys btw, I was talking about the Pre-rock he was playing with his band last night. Sublime.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8