Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly1973 said:
ok, biggest scoop in town boys and girls is Miss Feisty Gillard to be rolled sometime over this weekend bringing an election a lot closer to us all.

ASADA to lose funding to its already dysfunctional unit,

some Labour stooge front bencher, or back bencher on the way out to centre link spills the beans and will say we had nothing all along about drugs in sport, our main source of information was the local footy forums, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

and yes I agree sports and politics don’t mix,

so F---- OFF NOW.

No mate Asada fulfill an extremely important role. Ask any Australian athlete who has missed an Olympic final or a gold medal to a drug cheat.

Sadly due to a desperate government they have been thrust into the limelight and are under preasure now to deliver scalps.

This whole process should have been allowed to run its course behind closed doors until such time as serious charges could be laid..

Sadly the grandstanding of Lundy and Clare ended any hope of that happening.

No one wants cheats in sport.

manlyfan76 said:
Or every player in the nrl, under 20's and nsw cup all plead guilty tomorrow. Every single player. What could the nrl do then? Could make a mockery of ASADA that's for sure.

It could make a mockery of ASADA, but it would definitely make a mockery of the NRL.

I don’t for one second condone any form off drug cheating in any sport period.

My take is that this will be another major stuffed up government outcome,

So there has been over 20 suppliers who have spilled the beans on about 31 current rugby league players please is this a gee up,

wow wait to soccer gets a knock on its doors.

It’s all a smoke screen ladies and gentlemen.

At best they might sniff out a dozen players but that doesn’t excuses them for the way they have delt with it in painting every athlete with the same brush.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
See Susan's post #415 above. The assumption that there is simply no evidence would be amusing if the potential repercussions were not so serious.

Sorry, SER8, but the assumption that there IS evidence is as equally ill-informed. As susan said, nobody really knows anything. But my hazy understanding of the original ACC report was that it was mostly speculation - that it contained "information" and not "evidence"; that it was based entirely on interviews with approximately 30 people. Police departments in Victoria and NSW pretty much dismissed it as worthless in terms of potential prosecutions.
So yes, we all have to wait and see what will happen. Some will see the glass half full (possibly of calves' blood); others will see it half empty.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
See Susan's post #415 above. The assumption that there is simply no evidence would be amusing if the potential repercussions were not so serious.

Sorry, SER8, but the assumption that there IS evidence is as equally ill-informed.
It's a pity the Cronulla board didn't share your optimism.

Today's press release proves yet again what a bull**** rag of a paper the Daily Telegraph is, after it's recent headlines of 'Manly are next'.

What about the organised crime and match fixing angle, they seem to have gone all quiet on that, but to start with they led people to believe they had hard evidence on that also.

Cant quite work out the logic Ron E Gibbs. You and everyone else who have seen or heard absolutely nothing versus a group of well credentialled people who have seen the confidential report(not the generic one issued with no details which you refer to as hazy and many others use as their basis for their assumptions) who suggest there is an issue to be dealt with.

I have no idea what will happen but to define a group who is in possession of a great deal of detail as being equally ill-informed as the masses being fed rumour and innuendo by the telegraph fails the common sense test. As does your reference to the lack of police investigations fail the same test-the footballers, unless they use or distribute criminally illegal drugs, will never be looked at by police as drug use in sport is not a criminal matter , only a breach of WADA guidelines . You and I can use the drugs that are in question here(peptides and HG compounds) totally legally as we are not professional athletes. So unless the athlete is using a drug that is prohibited for use by the general population and is thus illegal the police have absolutely nothing to do with it at the athlete level.The reference in the report to criminal matters refers to organised crime involvement in the sale of drugs that are prohibited for use by the general population.

The logical approach is simply wait and see what occurs. The footy is good, Manly are winning and the conspiracy theories are getting boring.

I find it sad that NRL players are being branded by some as "drug cheats" when everything reported so far seems to centre on the alleged taking of supplements for faster recovery that seem to exist along the very gray edge of whether they are ASADA banned drugs or not, and may have been under the advice of experts as ok.

That's a long way from knowingly and deliberately taking listed banned steroids and other listed banned PEDS to get a better on field performance.

And in the meantime I am happy that we can believe the statements from our club, they said they were confident in their "processes" and same has been shown to be true. If a few players went outside the teams standards then give them a few weeks in a rehab clinic...

For those that don't believe the Government took advantage of this information gathered by ASADA and ACC to take the focus off themselves (eg ICAC enquiry) I feel it is somewhat naive. A read of "Government communication in Australia" edited by Sally Young is interesting, and no it is not a conspiracy theory piece. It is a well worn tactic, I am not saying nothing happened - but their stance is softening from the original "Blackest day in sport"

There's no doubt they have not handled this well, but if they have nothing on anyone I can't believe they would be dumb enough to take the approach they have taken. My take on it is that they have enough to get some people - they are now just trying to widen the net before they issue infraction notices.

The good news is that Manly as a club looks to be in the clear at this stage. I remain hopeful that none of our players are involved, but if any of them have done something wrong they should be brought to account.

voicefromthehill said:
And in the meantime I am happy that we can believe the statements from our club, they said they were confident in their "processes" and same has been shown to be true. If a few players went outside the teams standards then give them a few weeks in a rehab clinic...

For those that don't believe the Government took advantage of this information gathered by ASADA and ACC to take the focus off themselves (eg ICAC enquiry) I feel it is somewhat naive. A read of "Government communication in Australia" edited by Sally Young is interesting, and no it is not a conspiracy theory piece. It is a well worn tactic, I am not saying nothing happened - but their stance is softening from the original "Blackest day in sport"

Anyone who has worked near Government Ministers knows that mountains are regularly made out of molehills because they are obsessed with headlines and being seen to be energetic and effective. I am sure that privately Asada is pretty upset with the Ministers - that sort of crap gets in the way of the Asada team doing its work.

Is it just me or does the "blackest day in sport" line remind anyone else of "the greatest moral challenge of our time"...

This must have been said before but if ASADA/Govt were directly linked to NRL they would be banned for at least 12 months for bringing the game into disrepute!

southsideeagle said:
This must have been said before but if ASADA/Govt were directly linked to NRL they would be banned for at least 12 months for bringing the game into disrepute!

Yeah, and the cop who arrested Jorge for spitting at him should have been done for bringing the game into disrepute too. :p

voicefromthehill said:
. . . I am not saying nothing happened - but their stance is softening from the original "Blackest day in sport"
Well that is certainly great news, I hadn't heard that. Who said what (do you have a link)?

(although of course it wasn't the politicians or ASADA or the ACC who made that 'blackest day' comment)

pps things are continuing to unfold even as I type this, so I recommend no-one jumps to conclusions one way or the other!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8