Thoughts on our current form.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Losing tonight wasn't a surprise. Unfortunately the horrible scoreline was and very hard to watch for us fans.
In perspective Manly has had a horror run this year. It started with losing Manase. The eels game ripoff. The tough raiders game losing Walker and Tommy. Last week's ref error followed by Addin's blow up and the media frenzy that caused. Addin suspended.
DCE"s form is down and we can't seem to buy any luck. It's just a horrible year. The trophy's got Covid on it anyway - perfect for Parra.:p
This team just seems mentally and physically worn out at the moment. I think things will turn around for us. Probably later rather than sooner considering the draw but we might just scrape into the eight.
Good preparation for winning #9 next year
Go Manly!.

We are probably standing on the table about where we deserve to be. We were dudded against the Eels and last week we should have had a kick for extra time, though, the way Ruben’s kicking we only had a 10% chance. Balancing those results we were lucky against the Broncos and, bar some remarkable efforts from Turbo, a depleted Roosters would have beaten us easily. The only really good performance we’ve put in this year was against the Dogs.

I look at our current form but I have also seen what our players are capable of
No one lives life with out hope and neither should we Manly fans
IMG_0788.png

Our form and energy is terrible, the injuries to Turbo and Walker are part of the season like any club. You got to back your recruitment strategy.

The poor discipline by AFB and Manase are areas that each player in the club can learn from, hopefully they don’t get repeated and the coaching staff are doing some lessons learned for other players to benefit from.

The bad calls you got to get over them and give it a go the following week, reflecting on them creates a poor mindset.

The top 30 is full of promising players, the time has come to give these players a chance and hopefully it can create some good energy and some much needed enthusiasm in the first 17.

Our main issue can be managed by the coaching staff and that’s backing the whole recruiting process and giving blokes like Hoppa, Schuster, Guacamole and throw in Saddler and Titmus for their chance on the bench. Even Metcalf could add some spark from the bench. Picking the average players I’d really difficult to watch.

Not sure about paseka, he has no game and little mongrel. He is always on his toes stepping about like a basketball player

DCE is playing like a reserve grader backing up after a night on the drink.

We all know he is elite when he is " on "

But ffs Trent Hodkinson would be better than this at the moment.

I know he'll bounce back but ffs

We are just a "one man band", once the moment Tommy went down we were gone. If DCE, AFB or Taupau, Sirro or Joel breakdown, nothing. Full strength we are awesome but just under the surface we have nothing.

Fainu , walker, and tom are the manly players that run to the line and get tackled, smashed in order to break through, or put someone else through

Croker has the yips
Cust does it but has had little footy and it comes with defensive and attacking lapses. plenty on him though

DCE Sirro , marty and afb are the only other passes in the team
Marty and afb going great
Sirro ok
Other than that its tuck it up ya jumper. Dce generally offloads to these types
We need players to do the running to the line thing looking to pass in the backline

Suli, like kelly, never get clean ball So who knows what there games have/had
No tries from kicks
Anyway we dont know how to score tries and other teams know it because pressure is something to absorb

We have lost our defence.

I believe their heads drop once Tom is out for Any period.

Current form = weak as p!ss.
I totally agree with you feathered friend and I love my Sea eagles as we all do but the game against the Dragons was not a loss it was a disgrace but I do believe we will bounce back as Manly always do

Our form and energy is terrible, the injuries to Turbo and Walker are part of the season like any club. You got to back your recruitment strategy.

The poor discipline by AFB and Manase are areas that each player in the club can learn from, hopefully they don’t get repeated and the coaching staff are doing some lessons learned for other players to benefit from.

The bad calls you got to get over them and give it a go the following week, reflecting on them creates a poor mindset.

The top 30 is full of promising players, the time has come to give these players a chance and hopefully it can create some good energy and some much needed enthusiasm in the first 17.

Our main issue can be managed by the coaching staff and that’s backing the whole recruiting process and giving blokes like Hoppa, Schuster, Guacamole and throw in Saddler and Titmus for their chance on the bench. Even Metcalf could add some spark from the bench. Picking the average players I’d really difficult to watch.
Good post. I believe our injuries may run even deeper than the surface. Both Boyle and Suli also appeared to be hobbling at times last night.
I hope the coaching staff realises the extent of how busted our players and our season is. It's time to mix things up with our top 30. And for future recruiting we need more balance in our side across the pass and have solid back ups which we don't have..
I don't like to criticise individuals but Levi isn't a good fit for our side.

That's the worst I have seen them look for a while. First time under Dez they stopped playing. Seem disheartened with everything going on recently.

Biggest concern for me is still hooker, goes to crap most of the time from there. Then DCE is trying too hard, but even if he was in great form would not be enough as bar AFB and Marty, we lack punch and never own the ruck or the middle of the field. Then our backs are slow or get man handled.

Hardest thing is having no reserve grade playing to see how the other boys would be going?

Dez needs to somehow snap them out of this slump and get them believing. Needs to improve to standard of the likes of Boyle Jetski Cust Parker, Jorge etc all try some of the rookies and build towards next year, cause even when our stars return we are still weak at hooker, the bench and damaging wingers

That's the worst I have seen them look for a while. First time under Dez they stopped playing. Seem disheartened with everything going on recently.

Biggest concern for me is still hooker, goes to crap most of the time from there. Then DCE is trying too hard, but even if he was in great form would not be enough as bar AFB and Marty, we lack punch and never own the ruck or the middle of the field. Then our backs are slow or get man handled.

Hardest thing is having no reserve grade playing to see how the other boys would be going?

Dez needs to somehow snap them out of this slump and get them believing. Needs to improve to standard of the likes of Boyle Jetski Cust Parker, Jorge etc all try some of the rookies and build towards next year, cause even when our stars return we are still weak at hooker, the bench and damaging wingers

Considering luke and mcculloch eventually came on the market, kind of points to the year we are having

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4