Thoughts on our current form.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's not beat around the Bush. Disgusting performance as a team and as individuals.
Big DCE supporter but he's ****e at the moment. Just so out of form he'd be lucky to get picked in any of the top 10 sides in the comp.
2.5 million worth of talent on the bench. Ouch.
AFB as good as he is has cost us big time. Parra and then the cows( can't play in QLD) and all because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Fianu again has a lot to answer for. Screwed us big time.
I would say blood the young boys but up against parra with Sivo and some really on form players may be a bad decision.

Turbo, fonua blake, fainu and walker. Manly's attack and meters sitting on the sideline. The team would have more depth if we didnt pay dce so much money. Heck if queensland had a better option at half he would never get picked.

Last edited:
Current form - is simply terrible. It must be close to the worst out there at the moment, and I'm not sure why.

But as Letter Kenny fans would know: It's ****ing embarrassing!

tumblr_p110lpn4hl1qbj6jho4_250.gif

source.gif

I love that show like I love my wife. Intensely.

We need Shoresy on our team. Someone who can talk sht but back it up.

AJ is perfect
Would resolve all our outside backs depth issues as he’s proficient at centre wing and fb. He would start with Suli in the centres if not deputising for Tom for twenty games each year.

Turbo's brilliance masked our attacking deficiencies whilst he was on the field. His absence has revealed just how pedestrian our attack really is. SInce Turbo limped off we have scored 40 points in 3.5 games. That's about 12 points per games. Its time for a reality check. When you don't score you lose confidence and start leaking points. We have conceded 88 points in the last 3 games at an average of 29 points per game. Now these are statistics I would expect from a side coming last. But we can't unleash our young talent because?
They are to young - clubs are blooding youngsters with great success.
They are too small. Well McInnes and Dufty ripped us yesterday and they are tiny.
They are not not strong enough to cope with the riggers of first grade - Why the are they in the top 30?
There is no reserve grade for them to play in - therefore their season is over and we are playing with a reduced squad.
We can't throw them to the wolves into a side getting belted? - Well if we are going well without injuries they wont get start anyway.
Lots of excuses that in my opinion that just don't cut the mustard.
Lose these boys to other clubs we probably will and without them until Turbo comes back we will keep losing. So go figure. Where is the logic?

Turbo's brilliance masked our attacking deficiencies whilst he was on the field. His absence has revealed just how pedestrian our attack really is. SInce Turbo limped off we have scored 40 points in 3.5 games. That's about 12 points per games. Its time for a reality check. When you don't score you lose confidence and start leaking points. We have conceded 88 points in the last 3 games at an average of 29 points per game. Now these are statistics I would expect from a side coming last. But we can't unleash our young talent because?
They are too small. Well McInnes and Dufty ripped us yesterday and they are tiny.
They are not not strong enough to cope with the riggers of first grade - Why the are they in the top 30?
There is no reserve grade for them to play in - therefore their season is over and we are playing with a reduced squad.
We can't throw them to the wolves into a side getting belted? - Well if we are going well without injuries they wont get start anyway.
Lose these boys to other clubs we probably will and without them until Turbo comes back we will keep losing. So go figure. Where is the logic?
Absolutely spot on. Saving them from suffering a loss ..boo hoo... these kids want to play , are confident and every club is doing it. The game is about speed and the days of getting your teeth knocked out by an old prop are gone.

Great post and I liked the Yoda reverse comment at the end - "Lose these boys to other clubs we probably will"
Hit a few nails on the head with great points - spot on post imo..

Good post. I believe our injuries may run even deeper than the surface. Both Boyle and Suli also appeared to be hobbling at times last night.
I hope the coaching staff realises the extent of how busted our players and our season is. It's time to mix things up with our top 30. And for future recruiting we need more balance in our side across the pass and have solid back ups which we don't have..
I don't like to criticise individuals but Levi isn't a good fit for our side.
Was watching Levi in the first half closely. His service is actually very good and hitting the spot crisply to aid our attack. Sone of those attacking raids early he had the ball on a plate with our backs hitting it at pace. In comparison Hunts service was awful. Wouldn’t be surprised if Levi has played some Union in the 9 growing up. Levi just struggles to know when to run and often chooses the wrong option. I thought he defended ok as well. Hes a fill in for sure, but not someone I’m changing out right now.

I wonder if some of these players would be putting in empty performances if there were Origin jerseys on offer as they are usually this tuime of year. I reckon DCE might have been lifting his game somewhat.

After watching the Kinghts that last two weeks they have been as horrible as us and are also on the slide. Raiders losing Hodgson are done for 2020 as well so I believe a top 8 spot is not out of the question just yet.

Was watching Levi in the first half closely. His service is actually very good and hitting the spot crisply to aid our attack. Sone of those attacking raids early he had the ball on a plate with our backs hitting it at pace. In comparison Hunts service was awful. Wouldn’t be surprised if Levi has played some Union in the 9 growing up. Levi just struggles to know when to run and often chooses the wrong option. I thought he defended ok as well. Hes a fill in for sure, but not someone I’m changing out right now.

All of our mistakes seemed to start happening when Croker came on for Levi.

I think he tries to increase the speed of the play the ball when he comes on but it ends up in him knocking on at DH or dropping easy passes.

It worries me that we've stopped heading in the right direction. And when I see regression I worry about how the Dogs ended up

i would be really worried if Faniu, tom, Walker and AFB played and we lost by that much.

We will be ok, Tom is that good a player and that vital having him back will make such a difference. He is such a weapon, picks the ball up and looks like making half a break every time he runs, then on the back of that gets quick play the balls and has the defense back pedaling. Faniu and walker can jump on the back of that and its a different game, then you have AFB rolling forward carrying 3 defenders. Going through a slump but we wont turn into bulldogs, we have too many good players - their roster at the end was dreadful - still is.

Teams dont win premierships in rd 9. Panthers could lose Cleary and Api to serious injuries next week and that would struggle. Just need to jag a win and lift the morale.

Agree we have promising years ahead. But with no Fainu and the other boys out for two months we are shot in a twenty round season. It will require 15 teams to perish in a plane crash for us to overcome the decimation of our spine.

Another year defined by injury. But at least it has highlighted our glaring weaknesses due to the new rules and our over reliance on TT.

The main problem with Levi is he offers no variations in attack. He does distribute the ball well, be good if he could add another dimension to his game.

The main problem with Levi is he offers no variations in attack. He does distribute the ball well, be good if he could add another dimension to his game.
It annoys me when he dives for the line because he never gets there and wastes a play. Hope he proves me wrong and nabs a try or two soon.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8