Thoughts from todays game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will start off with the commentating, ****** dreadful. I don;t know if they were watching the same game as me at time, coz i kept hearing about how Brisbane had dominated the 1st half, yet imo, Manly had created more opportunites and defended very well. Also sick of hearing about who Brisbane were missing, what about us ffs !!!

Lyon has now had 2 very good games in a row at 6, could he finally be getting some confidence ? The key to him playing well there is for his 1st option to be run then look for pass, where before now he has had that the other way round

We are a far more dangerous side when L'Estrange is on the park, he offers plenty and i would like to see him get a start in the near future. Ballin going ok but i think Heath is really firing us

Orford was pretty good again, for all the tlak of him being a frontrunner only he marshalled us back from behind today

Bell is looking far more dangerous these days working off G. Stewart and Lyon, less stepping back as well.

Matai was sensaonal with the ball in hand again today, haven't seen the stats but it would be around 200m i reckon. Loved how he seemed to be on a mission to nail Khunt as well

Perry awesome as well, along with Matai they really power at the line and get our game going, don't take backward steps

Kite was sensational all round today, great game

Nearly forgot Cuthbertson, sensational again today. Ran well when needed but threw some nice balls too, none better than the one that Menzies eventually scored from

Well on Beaver, just another Beaver game, superb

Next week, although no Thurston, Bowen and Webb for them, i am a wee bit concerned about, as we may be looking at missing Stewart, Kite, King, Bani, Lyon, Orford, Watmough, Bell, which is the heart of the side.

It's a tremendous win.

I heard it on the radio. I could hear the pro Brisbane commentary all the way through.

And I love the fact we had one player in the National side, and he was the most criticised for entitlement to his spot. The Manly haters are among us still.

At the end of the day, this is about Manly. Who cares about origin, city/country and Australian Rep football. At the end of the year, Manly will have the freshest team on the park, and I don't mind that at all.

NY Eagle.

Was it just me or does anyone else think that both of Brisbanes tries were dodgy calls. I thought there was a pretty solid case for a knock on in both of them, especially the first one which only attracted a cursory glance from the Vidoe Ref. Academic now but the inconsistency in the refereeing annoys the hell out of me, especially that effin' stripping rule.

Good win and plenty of willing contributors, can't fault anyones effort really. B Stewart may have been a bit quieter than usual but in fairness he wasn't 100% fit from all reports.

Kiwi I hope you aren't intimating that Lyon, Orford and Bell are chances of SOO selection ??

We muscled up second half & moved up quick in defence this created errors for the broncs were are getting it together in attack also things are looking good.

It wasn't only you, i thought there was doubt in both of them

Bell i put on the list due to his bicep strain, Orford may be an outside chance after a few decent games, and for me the NSW centres can only be out of Gasnier, Cooper and Lyon. Lyon's goalkicking may get him the gig

Fair enough, I forgot about Bell's injury. I don't think Lyon will get picked even though I'm no big fan of Gasnier or Cooper (although Gasnier had a pretty good game today). If he had played more centre for us then I think he might have been a chance, but I don't think they'll pick a club 5/8 as a centre, even if it is his best possie.

Orford's only chance is if Stewey is injured and Gidley goes back to fullback, he might be an outside chance of the nabbing the halfback spot. However I still reckon they'd have Mullen and Finch ahead of him.

Not only were both brisbane tries knocked on
the fact of the matter is that they could only score by kicking.

Thats because Manly defense was up there in their face. They looked like they had no answer in attack.

I thought it was a good game that earnt Lyon a blues jersey. Showed how ballin needs maybe some time to develop his game. Even being 10 points down manly played manlys game. Having Lyon, Menzies and Matai in a revolving 5/8-Centre partnerships improves the attack beyond words.

OMG such Pleasure and Pain for me this week!! (Round 9)

I have tipped/bet all correct so far except my beloved Sea Eagles!!  :(
Yes, I tipped against them this week confident that the Broncos would really give it to them up in Brisbane yesterday.

A great win to Manly, but man I wish I had tipped them!

Have tipped the Storm in tonight's game btw, go Storm tonight!

I tipped manly, never in doubt once Lockyer was out and Hodges was backing up from the test.

As for the Bongos tries, IMO first try was OK and the 2nd try was dodging as all hell.  He never had control of the ball at any stage but should have been a benefit of doubt try at best.

The Wheel link said:
I tipped manly, never in doubt once Lockyer was out and Hodges was backing up from the test.

As for the Bongos tries, IMO first try was OK and the 2nd try was dodging as all hell.  He never had control of the ball at any stage but should have been a benefit of doubt try at best.

I work with a ****ty Donkeys supporter and I told him all week that Hodges WILL NOT back up after the test. He rarely backs up after rep footy cuz he is a skirt

The commentating on Fox was mind numbingly boring. The made what was an exciting game boring.

Tallis should be banned from being anywhere near a microphone. I was struggling to stay awake whilst listening  to hos complete and utter dribble, ruined the game for me.

i was watching it a few hours after the game too because I was shifting furniture so I couldnt flick on the radio!

Great game if you take out most of the first half, imo the introduction of Le Strange was the turning point and if Bell was out I would give him a go at 5/8 with Matai & Lyon in the centres.

Anybody notice at half time in a dressing room shot Orford Beaver Matai & a member of the coaching staff all clustered around the back of the room. Looked like they were watching a laptop. Do they actually show them stats and clips of the first half at half time?

clontaago link said:
They were on redtube UP.

hahaha.

I noticed that too, and then told my brother they'd spotted a defensive flaw in the Bronco's on that side and that they'd score three tries down that side to win us the game :p

Didn't quite happen like that, but they still ripped it up down there, especially Matai.

Cuthbo is playing like a 5/8 at the moment, he takes the line on when the time is right and then throws awesome long balls out to our outside backs. Maybe he is the answer to all our problems, he would go down in history as the biggest person to play that position too.

I recorded the game on DVD, and re-watched the Ennis try a few times. After the try Hunt asked him if he scored, and Ennis clearly mouthed "I dropped it".

clontaago link said:
They were on redtube UP.

Most likely-I imagine they were trying to watch some clips of Steve Menzies' first half, but after typing "beaver" into a computer were quickly led to redtube. 

Dan link said:
Tallis should be banned from being anywhere near a microphone.

His dropkick comment of the day was in the 65th minute. Wallace puts in a non descript chest height chip type kick into our in goal which is taken by Bell easily on the full.

When one commentator confirms that its a 20 restart to Manly because Bell took the ball in the ingoal, Tallis questions it by asking "does he (ie Bell) have to take it above his head?" As if to suggest that only bombs taken above the head would result in a 20m restart.

Dumb as a bag of hammers !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7