Those Turbo Bros!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Rarely is a front rower at such a young age so dominant as Jake.
Jake has toughness, technique & vision all in 1
His leadership skills are already dominant as he not only screams it up but shows with actions.
He seems to know when to roll up the sleeves & play direct, yet can play a perfect sweep ball out the back , plus can offload in traffic.
In defence as good as any in the game & after he hits, he sticks & controls the tackle unlike other Seaeagles forwards who dont quite get the wrestle to add valuable seconds to set the defensive line.
Tom is just ridiculous - size, speed & grace with his power game the only lacking factor which will grow with his physique over the next 3 years - the kid could be absolutely anything.
Has a similar frame to a young GI & though comparisons are not good on a youngster, I dont think its needed here as he is unlike others & will create his own game & his own name.
The confidence is there also challenging any opponents on the ground & in the air & his skill set allows him to basically play anywhere in the backline - excelling in the outside backs.
The best thing about these boys is the fact they love Manly & proudly represent that Seaeagles emblem on their chest, the fact they are both so humble & represent this club is something every supporter must be proud of.

They are a couple more "good news" stories that have come through the ranks. The last two were DCE and Foran. Fingers crossed Gutherson falls into this category. I just hope Manly respect them and manage them to be great one team players. If so, we won't go through the last twelve months again for say ten years.

The best part is when they are interviewed and speak of loving Manly and playing for the colours. Money can't buy that, so whatever else we do we should be planning to build around these young men for our next dominant era.

These boys have been a shining light in an otherwise dire year.
This.

It's been a very, very tough year. We are not used to losing more than we win, and we are definitely not amused... But every week I'm telling my wife to watch this Jake kid: he's the best young forward I've seen come through for years. Take Buhrer for example: you just knew he was going to go well and was our best forward before succumbing to the dreaded ACL injury... Then Jake pops up, puts his hand up and takes control of a veteran pack with his fantastic attitude, brutal hits and infectious enthusiasm.

He'll play SOO within 2 years, and I'd bet on him playing in the Green and Gold as well.

Tom also has a massive future ahead of him: he's not looked an inch out of place in a star studded backline and presents a conundrum to Tooves when Killer is fit... Who drops off? Tom or Peta?

Either way, with these kids coming through there's no_frikken_way this club is staying down :D

Manly have a team of young guns waiting to shine. Many have already played in rep teams.
For those who follow the 20's you can add further comments:
Tom, Jake Turbo, Clint Gutherson.....
Addison Demetriou, prop
Hugh Pratt, hooker
Liam Knight, Billy Bainbridge, Rhys Armstrong, second row
Darcy Cox, lock
Cade Cust, Riley Travers, half
Will Pearsall, five eighth
Jesse Ramien, Wade Hannell centres.

Fabulous team for the future?? Sign all these players up.
Hope you read this Bozo!
Anymore I missed?

Manly have a team of young guns waiting to shine. Many have already played in rep teams.
Addison Demetriou, prop
Hugh Pratt, hooker
Darcy Cox, lock

Hope you read this Bozo!
Anymore I missed?
Living up in Brisbane I've not seen any of them until they pop in FG: it's great to know we've got more kids coming through :)

The only other one I've heard a bit about is Demetriou, apparently he's a bit of a weapon as well??

You shouldn't put huge wraps on young fellars too early but I think Big Jake will be an origin certainty with 2 years and injuries aside, he'll stay that way for most of his career.

Addison Demetriou, prop
Hugh Pratt, hooker
Darcy Cox, lock

Hope you read this Bozo!
Anymore I missed?
It is imperative that we sign the nucleus of this team as they are going to wonderful players. Our future is very bright.

No one is putting a wrap too early on those players. Just letting Manly supporters know we have a lot of young talent coming through and we NEED to hang on to them ....unlike a certain prop playing for the Rorters now we let go ....initials JWH.......

I can't hear enough about these two.

What I love hearing also is that they both coach junior mona vale raiders teams, ref games and I think Jake is the ground announcer. Quality young men!

Jake Trbojevic should never play off the bench. You need that defence and work rate early in a match.
Never more evident than in our last two games.

Vs Donkeys, Jake starts off the bench we get dominated in the first 10-15 mins..

Vs Tigpies, runs on and we start on the front foot with conviction, and don't lose that momentum until he's benched.. Go figure..

They are both freaks.

Look forward to seeing them in the maroon and white for their whole careers.

And any siblings that want to join the party.

Rarely is a front rower at such a young age so dominant as Jake.
Jake has toughness, technique & vision all in 1
His leadership skills are already dominant as he not only screams it up but shows with actions.
He seems to know when to roll up the sleeves & play direct, yet can play a perfect sweep ball out the back , plus can offload in traffic.
In defence as good as any in the game & after he hits, he sticks & controls the tackle unlike other Seaeagles forwards who dont quite get the wrestle to add valuable seconds to set the defensive line.
Tom is just ridiculous - size, speed & grace with his power game the only lacking factor which will grow with his physique over the next 3 years - the kid could be absolutely anything.
Has a similar frame to a young GI & though comparisons are not good on a youngster, I dont think its needed here as he is unlike others & will create his own game & his own name.
The confidence is there also challenging any opponents on the ground & in the air & his skill set allows him to basically play anywhere in the backline - excelling in the outside backs.
The best thing about these boys is the fact they love Manly & proudly represent that Seaeagles emblem on their chest, the fact they are both so humble & represent this club is something every supporter must be proud of.

Couldn't agree more, I haven't been this excited about a pair of young additions to the side since Glen and Brett came on board and even better because these guys are true locals, even more exciting is the fact that they've got young brothers too !!! I see great things ahead for the team and all us devotees, bring on 2016. GO MANLY !!!!!

Need to play every game they are fit. Genuine first graders.
I can't wait to see how jake develops as a front rower. He is still so Young

Living up in Brisbane I've not seen any of them until they pop in FG: it's great to know we've got more kids coming through :)

The only other one I've heard a bit about is Demetriou, apparently he's a bit of a weapon as well??
Demetriou is my pick out of the whole 20s, the kid has so much talent, aggressive, quick speed. He has been cut from a lot of clubs though because of attitude problems. If he can dedicate to his footy, keep strong with his fitness, hang around with good motivated people. This kid will be something special. I would have him coming off the bench for first grade now, just give him a go and start blooding. Maybe with Barrett coming on board, young fresh coach with new ideas and some new people in place at the club, some of our juniors might get a better go, as it's been too conservative for far too long

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4