This weeks Training Video

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they will all be happy campers and
Honestly mate, I just have some really rough days. The other day was my mother-in-law's bday 1 year after she passed. I shouldn't come on when I'm blue. I'm up and down more than Paris Hilton in a home movie.

I have very high hopes for our team. I'm gutted about Barrett, and Kelly. But I'm also pumped about our coaching staff, and off field progression.

I absolutely hate the player revolt gossip though. It actually tangibly affects me.

Your biggest problem seems to be the lack of a centre and winger .... let me put the positive senario ....

We have Garrick, Suli, Elliott, Funa, Kioa, Parker, and Hopoate all competing for 2 spots .... at least 2 of them will realise their potential and have you singing Halleluja come to Jesus ...... they will make rookie errors ... but have us excited for the future .... they even employed a sprint coach to try and make you happy ... sheesh!

As far as player revolts go .... in every team I ever played in there was always at least one or two pelicans who thought the coach was a drongo ..... at the end of the day they had to just suck it up and get on with .... we have 30 plus tesosterone fuelled and ego driven elite athletes ...the good thing this year is we have a plethora of old heads in the background in their ears, Donny, Ballin, Monnas, Crusher and the head shrink guy ... all's good ... they will all be on the same page by seasons start ...

These media snippets are the exact thing we have been crying out for.
Congrats to whomever is the driving force behind them (Lyal? Des?)
You gotta have fan engagement and these sort of things should be up everyweek at least.

These media snippets are the exact thing we have been crying out for.
Congrats to whomever is the driving force behind them (Lyal? Des?)
You gotta have fan engagement and these sort of things should be up everyweek at least.
Wayne Cousins, I would guess. Finally has proper control of the club’s media and public-facing assets, and is making them work!

I'd say the improved media updates is more an improved budget.

Wayne's entire job is concerned with the power of the media and public perceptions. He hasn't just woken up one day and said to himself let's make more lol.

You the people have rightfully put the heat on Tight ass, Penn. He feels the heat. Finally knows if he has to have this club re-engage with the community, supporters, or he will suffer.

I dare say the media production budget has probably been X by 4.

Sad part is this is the bare minimum standard it should have always been at.

I'd like to say well done to all involved.

But credit for just doing the basics seems a bit to much praise.

It's yet another example of how 2019 will be a big improvement.

But if you want to fund a reserve grade team, go buy Blacktown. It's the NRL, it costs, but cutting corners will cost you more.

they will all be happy campers and

Your biggest problem seems to be the lack of a centre and winger .... let me put the positive senario ....

We have Garrick, Suli, Elliott, Funa, Kioa, Parker, and Hopoate all competing for 2 spots .... at least 2 of them will realise their potential and have you singing Halleluja come to Jesus ...... they will make rookie errors ... but have us excited for the future .... they even employed a sprint coach to try and make you happy ... sheesh!

As far as player revolts go .... in every team I ever played in there was always at least one or two pelicans who thought the coach was a drongo ..... at the end of the day they had to just suck it up and get on with .... we have 30 plus tesosterone fuelled and ego driven elite athletes ...the good thing this year is we have a plethora of old heads in the background in their ears, Donny, Ballin, Monnas, Crusher and the head shrink guy ... all's good ... they will all be on the same page by seasons start ...

My hope is that some dark horse(s) like Albert Hopoate can come through (honestly, I didn't even know he existed until a few months ago). Absolutely put him on the wing. As much as I rag on his ball handling skills and lack of pace / inability to break a line and score a long range try, Taufua is okay for the other wing spot. Something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua (hopefully much faster, intense & quicker)
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

The other centre spot hopefully to one of the new guys.

Des said in last Saturday's paper (Manly Daily) we are after an outside back. Would love a player like Feki or someone. I can't fathom how Des let Kelly go without a ready replacement, given two wing spots are still unfulfilled.

Regarding the players attitudes. Des built a really strong comradery here last time round, so I hope he can do that again.

My hope is that some dark horse(s) like Albert Hopoate can come through (honestly, I didn't even know he existed until a few months ago). Absolutely put him on the wing. As much as I rag on his ball handling skills and lack of pace / inability to break a line and score a long range try, Taufua is okay for the other wing spot. Something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua (hopefully much faster, intense & quicker)
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

The other centre spot hopefully to one of the new guys.

Des said in last Saturday's paper (Manly Daily) we are after an outside back. Would love a player like Feki or someone. I can't fathom how Des let Kelly go without a ready replacement, given two wing spots are still unfulfilled.

Regarding the players attitudes. Des built a really strong comradery here last time round, so I hope he can do that again.
Des let Kelly go mate because he didn't want to be there . He wanted to go back near his family , so keeping a player against his wishes is not a smart move .

Des let Kelly go mate because he didn't want to be there . He wanted to go back near his family , so keeping a player against his wishes is not a smart move .

I agree with Gallen. He turned his back on the players. As Gallen says, **** him, make him honour his contract or sit out.

Make the kid accountable. Pulled another Blake Green.

I agree with Gallen. He turned his back on the players. As Gallen says, **** him, make him honour his contract or sit out.

Make the kid accountable. Pulled another Blake Green.
Gallen haha.Still can't see the upside of keeping a player that wants out .

Gallen haha.Still can't see the upside of keeping a player that wants out .
Get what your saying mate, but it shouldn't get to that. The club should intimately know a players mindset and situation, and should address it well ahead of time.

Then , worst case, if another club is super keen on a player, a trade is done (remember Farrar for Bani years ago).

What we've done (ridiculously in my view) is given The Gold Coast - a team who wanted to poach one of our best players (DCE)- a free ****ing leg up (sorry, makes me angry hahaha).

**** the Gold Coast. The Kelly situation should have been handled very differently, and in my mind, is/was a failure from our club to not accommodate all parties (including us).

Get what your saying mate, but it shouldn't get to that. The club should intimately know a players mindset and situation, and should address it well ahead of time.

Then , worst case, if another club is super keen on a player, a trade is done (remember Farrar for Bani years ago).

What we've done (ridiculously in my view) is given The Gold Coast - a team who wanted to poach one of our best players (DCE)- a free ****ing leg up (sorry, makes me angry hahaha).

**** the Gold Coast. The Kelly situation should have been handled very differently, and in my mind, is/was a failure from our club to not accommodate all parties (including us).

I'm guessing Des spoke to Kelly in depth about his situation and decided to let him go in the best interests of both parties. As far as I know Kelly was staying but after time up with his family had a change in heart .I don't think Hasler or any coach would have stood in his way . Everyone is replaceable , and may come as a shock to some but even Brian Kelly .Our coach is a smart operator and will leave no stone unturned, and I'm 100% sure the scientist is in his lab with his white coat and a Bunson Burner planning a concoction.

Can I ask Ryan what you would have done if Kelly came to you (coach) and said he wasn't handling being away from home? Wasn't coping. That he is struggling mentally with being away from a very close family network and the experiment of being in Sydney isn't working. A mistake.
That he planned on not extending in 2020 regardless of whether he was made to stay in 2019 or not.

Guessing you force the kid to stay?

He wouldn't need to come to me, to express that. If I were coach, I'd already know, and would have built in a strategy to suit all parties. It wouldn't have come as a shock.
AKA: John Cartwright.
It wouldn't have left us with a now THIRD hole to fill by other teams reggies discards.

This is a failure by the club (noting this does NOT include/relate to the current coaching staff - they weren't here - apart from Cartwright, who really should have been driving this, as he's the one that got him down from the Gold Coast). Cartwright has actually not only added nothing now to our club, but with Kelly dumping us, on top of Myles and Ferris, it proves Cartwright is a pure blight to our brand.

The Gold Coast were obviously very keen on the kid, and and already spoken to him, as they announced his signing in a matter of days.
Okay Gold Coast, how about you allow Tyrone Peachey (who wanted to STAY in Sydney, but the GC refused to allow him out of the contract !! Surprise, surprise) to come to Manly? But apparently according to you, this can't happen, and you have to just let the player go. Well, say that to Peachey.
They now have Kelly / Peachey combo.

We have Walker, and the invisible man combo. Then, outside them, another two invisible men.

So with the suggestion that Baz dropped the ball on this...

If you were Des, same question applies, what would you have done?

Walked straight up to Gorman, Cartwright, Scott Fulton, and ask what the **** happened? I'd be telling John Cartwright to get on the same plane as Kelly. As I said, this was an ultimate screw up by the club. Shows a lack of communication, lack of effort, lack of leadership. Blake Green situation mach 2. There should have been a trade in place (at the very least).

I'd ask Brian's manager, to sort something out. The Gold Coast want him, I expect compensation of some tangible sort in the way of a player, or coin. Make these mercenaries accountable. He wants out (just like breaking a Lease), he finds another tenant. Or he compensates the club the amount of money he agreed to play for.

perhaps Des actually didn't want Kelly. I have been a massive supporter of the kid on here but perhaps Des just wants to go in another direction...

could be a win-win if Des wanted a new direction and kelly asked to leave.

Fair enough.

Sounds like a time consuming exercise for a coach that's been in the job 5 mins to start cleaning up a long list of Baz screw ups. All for 12 months of compensation for a kid on $150k a year. What's min these days $100k?...
All for a kid who's had a couple of years in first grade and been hot and cold.
And doesn't want to play for Manly.

Think Des would have consulted with his group and just said, he's not worth the effort and started work on a signing replacement.

He'd just signed a contract (Kelly) to extend.

Secondly, no way Hasler would get involved. He has a full time recruitment staffer in Crusher, Scott Fulton is still a recruiter, John Cartwright is "supposed" to be helping with that.

Gorman should also have his hands ALL over it. Kelly's player manager should have been clued up and keeping our club informed.

The whole thing is a debacle again. Another ametuer result (as was the dealings with Barrett).

Kelly was playing for Australia and just got re-upped. He was already here on 150k a season or more. Yet you think he's signed at league minimum?

perhaps Des actually didn't want Kelly. I have been a massive supporter of the kid on here but perhaps Des just wants to go in another direction...

could be a win-win if Des wanted a new direction and kelly asked to leave.

We have two wing spots and a Centre spot being filled by one of:
1. A player at 19 sacked by 2 clubs already due to poor fitness, and looks dreadfully heavy in the pictures I saw today;
2. A player past it in Taufua (who just doesn't have 2018 game speed, explosion, ferocity and intensity);
3. NSW Cup players.

Brian Kelly was needed by our group. What he's done (and Green) has sent a really bad message to the rest of the group.

Gets tough, throw your toys out of the cot and quit, no repercussions or concerns.

When you start losing young players like Kelly, Lane and others, there is a deep seated culture issue.

Monnas looks fit enough to play ..... actually most of the guys are looking pretty good for this stage .... as long as they stay away from George Rose's for Xmas dinner they will be good to go ....
Do you have any of your pre season training vid's you could post Woodsie?
I'm sure they'd be entertaining at the very least.
You'd show these blokes a thing or two...

We have two wing spots and a Centre spot being filled by one of:
1. A player at 19 sacked by 2 clubs already due to poor fitness, and looks dreadfully heavy in the pictures I saw today;
2. A player past it in Taufua (who just doesn't have 2018 game speed, explosion, ferocity and intensity);
3. NSW Cup players.

Brian Kelly was needed by our group. What he's done (and Green) has sent a really bad message to the rest of the group.

Gets tough, throw your toys out of the cot and quit, no repercussions or concerns.

When you start losing young players like Kelly, Lane and others, there is a deep seated culture issue.

Very valid concerns Ryan.

Have faith in the Des buddy, he will pull a rabbit and a flyer out of the hat. Guaranteed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4