This week's Soaring Eagle.. look familiar?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks Ssar....yes it is a good article and my hope is that the members who are not a part of the MWTS will read this and perhaps want to belong.

As I say above, what we do, and what we offer, does not suit everyone but we do hope that at least people get to know about us, what we do and how we do it.

And DSM...I know where you are coming from, I think the "block" of seats and the signs (and naturally the noise) do the trick anyway.

I think the Blatchy's Blues concept works well for them (and you must admit it did stand out last night) but in all honesty can't see us doing the same for the MWTS...would just look to be a copy anyway and we can't have that!!

And Ayjay is that "Elland Road Brick by Brick....or Brookvale Brick by Brick"...cause let me tell you another Elland Road tour (or other stadium) would do wonders to the legend that is the MWTS!!

I think it may have been shakespeare,but I'll take Elland Road,or any where they play.I'm starting to try and put some away now,for when we go,and if we miss this year,it'll be $$ for MWTS domestic games next year.

Daniel said:
You should all wear those maroon and white spandex skin suits instead, that would be awesome

Dan you haven't met me (yet) I would look hilarious in one of those...would turn people away rather than attract them!!

Well done Mark.
I love what you've done.
And it's not just about bringing supporters together,
on a personal note it has helped create a great bonding time between father and daughter at the footy, surrounded by like-minded generous supporters.
You built it Mark, and we are more than happy to follow.:)

Been one of the nutter's to wear a blue wig and it's not that bad when there's like hundred's of you wearing them.
A maroon supporter gave me there supporter thing last year (unopened) ony wanted it for the Maroon wig. So if it can be organised I'll wear it

Thanks Wombat....certainly one thing that has happened with the MWTS is that it has brought a huge number of people together, that would have never been together any other way. It might sound a little "corny" but we have somewhat created a "family" atmosphere with the group.

Certainly when we all get together for the first time at the start of the year it's like "old home town week". And then this continues on, the buzz (for example) at the recent Brisbane game at the pre game do at the Caxton was just fantastic....and this is an aspect of the trips that people are just loving, getting together before the games as a group and then travelling to and from the games as a group and most of all sitting at the games as a group.

For a number of people it's really brought them out of their shells, my two most regular people come from central Queensland, and in their words it's "changed their football lives". Actually I'll dig out an e-mail one of them sent to me after the Brisbane game and put it on the next post so you can see what I mean.

AND I have even fostered an engagement (soon to be husband and wife) with two of my early MWTS regulars discovering ecah other, and their common interest on my trips.

I am sure that other teams supporters do a great job when they go away BUT I know the MWTS group is pretty much unique in the NRL.

wombatgc said:
Well done Mark.
I love what you've done.
And it's not just about bringing supporters together,
on a personal note it has helped create a great bonding time between father and daughter at the footy, surrounded by like-minded generous supporters.
You built it Mark, and we are more than happy to follow.:)

Yep here it is,

Mark

Just wanted to send a quick email to say thanks for the 2 great nights of footy last week.

Wednesday night at Origin 1 was great. I know you apologised for the seats not being the best in advance but I seriously think those seats were awesome. I would be happy to sit there any time for any game.

And Friday night, where do I start.

From the second everyone else started arriving in Brisbane and we all started bumping into each other etc you just knew it was gonna be another great night with the MWTS.

The function at the Caxton was great, catching up with everyone before the game is always great as once you get to the game you don't get to see to many people other than those sitting near you, so the pregame function is a must.

The game was awesome, always good to see a Manly win in Brisbane, I have seen my share of losses there though let me tell you, haha.

The after match function was the best I have been to, don't know who to thank for that, but it was better than any I can recall.

And the party continuing on up to the Caxton again was good.

I have to say it was funny hearing the odd person saying at the Caxton pregame that they have been going to do one of these with us for a long time but have been putting it off until now. That reminded me of myself. If I could wind back the clock and start doing these trips a year or 2 earlier than I started to then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Being a member of the MWTS isn't just about going to a Manly game with a group of other Manly supporters. It is so much more than that and I still can't put it into the right words to fully do it justice. It is the greatest feeling because it is with the greatest people supporting the greatest team. These other awesome people who make up the MWTS aren't just friends, they aren't just family, they are the best of friends and family multiplied by 100.

I can't wait for rounds 25 & 26 to get here so we can all get into this again. Book me a spot now Mark, I can all but guarantee I will be there for both of them.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Mark from Brisbane said:
Larissa said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks guys

WE still call them the Supportahs....BUT.....to appeal to the masses and make it easier to find on facebook etc etc we made it Supporters there.

It has truly been an amazing growth these last few years , but we are only just starting...Blatchy's Blues got 10,000 last night....when we have numbers in the thousands we will well and truly have "made it"

But Rome wasn't built in a day was it.

Maybe we need to get your guys some Maroon & White wigs?

Not actually as dumb as it sounds...it would in fact really make us stand out at away games.

I'll put that idea forward to the "Brains Trust".

I was thinking the same idea last night. The reason why we stood out in the crowd last night was because of those wigs. A whole bay of Maroon and white wigs could be a good thing. I didn't realise how good it actually looked until we got home from the game.

Another thing we need is the club to buy a couple of bays from the NRL for the GF ;)

I know a website I can get the stuff from if you think its a go ahead Mark. We can have them up in Brisbane for Round 26.

Congrats btw for the Soaring Eagle post. Well deserved.

Daniel said:
how about Maroon and White tutu's?

I take my previous comment back...THIS will make us stand out lol

Wait outside Suncorp after SOO game III and if the blues win, pick up all the maroon wigs tossed away in digust by the disappointed feral qlder supporters. A few cans of white spray paint and there you go.

Jatz Crackers said:
Wait outside Suncorp after SOO game III and if the blues win, pick up all the maroon wigs tossed away in digust by the disappointed feral qlder supporters. A few cans of white spray paint and there you go.

Who will clean the lice, ticks and mites from them?

Jono said:
Another thing we need is the club to buy a couple of bays from the NRL for the GF ;)

Now this is a good idea. Larissa do you think this would be a possibility if (when) we make it to the GF ?

I've always thought the NRL should allocate say 10,000 seats to be given to each club that makes the GF. From the start of the year all clubs could collect $5-10 from any members wanting to be on the list to sit in those seats.

If your club makes the GF, then those who have paid the money will get a seat by paying the extra for the ticket, with any unclaimed seats to be offered to the general public. If your club doesn't make the GF then it has extra money to spend towards the running of the team.

Jatz Crackers said:
bones said:
Pour XXXX on them , that should kill them.

Maybe there just wont be any. Once knowing that they resided on a Qlder host any self respecting lice would have jumped ship.

Of course... Never thought of that mate. Besides... For those who didnt jump ship, the foul stench would more than likely be enough to kill them anyway.

Brookie4eva said:
Jono said:

Now this is a good idea. Larissa do you think this would be a possibility if (when) we make it to the GF ?

I've always thought the NRL should allocate say 10,000 seats to be given to each club that makes the GF. From the start of the year all clubs could collect $5-10 from any members wanting to be on the list to sit in those seats.

If your club makes the GF, then those who have paid the money will get a seat by paying the extra for the ticket, with any unclaimed seats to be offered to the general public. If your club doesn't make the GF then it has extra money to spend towards the running of the team.

Now this is a good addition to my idea. In 08 we had the fans all over the place. Get us into one area and the result would be huge. Over time, and with constant finals positions we could have a group as big as the Blatchy's Blues were this year....blatchey's Blues would be the whole ground by that point ;)

Jono said:
Brookie4eva said:
Jono said:

Now this is a good addition to my idea. In 08 we had the fans all over the place. Get us into one area and the result would be huge. Over time, and with constant finals positions we could have a group as big as the Blatchy's Blues were this year....blatchey's Blues would be the whole ground by that point ;)

Good call, we could be exactly like Blatchy's Blues except we won't be s**t.

Cambo said:
DSM5 said:
No wigs thanks. Makes us look like tossers.

U don't need a wig to look like a tosser mate ;) (jokes)

Yeah you get one of those Manly top hats instead ;)

Wolfpack said:
Jono said:
Brookie4eva said:
Jono said:

Good call, we could be exactly like Blatchy's Blues except we won't be s**t.

I am not kidding you, Ben (Tractorboy on Silvertails and "hair man") his sister Kim and I led probably 75% of the NSW chants in that group. It was pretty atrocious. We **** all over the other supporters. We even taught them the Billy Slater chant and got a lot of laughs (as usual) then a guy guys "you should put those chants on the web". I said "they are already".

Some guy sarcastically goes "I wonder who you support" after our extra cheering for Manly players. I said we are awesome and then asked him who he supported. He said Roosters and I laughed and said "good luck with that one mate". Good times being more awesome than the people around you

One quick thing: Choc got the best cheer when he was subbed on for the first time. It surprised me actually.

We had some fun with the chants up in our bay. We had a group of guys from Canberra in front of us who were completely off their faces which made things fun.

'They've been doing it all day!', 'Field Goal!
& 'Punch him in the ovaries/kick him in the uterus' were all big hits with the punters as well. I think it just goes to prove that MWSE does everything better, from the team to the fans. We're genetically superior.

The New South Wales chant really failed hard though, massive overkill when they kept playing it on the big screens & all that. It was obvious after the first time that it wasn't going anywhere.

Btw if we make the Grand Final then I will wear a maroon & white suit (+ top hat) to the game. Monocle may also be a required accessory.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8