This team has not got it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Four weeks ago our team was so strong, resilient and aggressive. What I see right now is a negative and passive team.

Our defence in general has been quite solid but week after week its being asked to do too much work as our issues right now are what we do when we have the ball.

Our team has massive issues with its depth and we have a coach who sticks with guys who are just not cutting it. What we need is a big injection of youth and enthusiasm and we need cohesive halves who do the right thing by the team.

The loss tonight really underlines our shortcomings with the ball. Gifting 2 tries from intercepts is criminal! Its a wet weather night and we play the wrong tactics and St Merge who have been rubbish this season look like world beaters.

I do not understand why Des does not try different things, we are stale and predictable and without Tom we have no spark or X factor.

Its not like we dont have options to try and we have to now do something, 3 defeats on the spin with the prospect of none of those injured players returning for some time.

Its going to take the humiliation that is unfolding and since ive been typing its gone from 22 - 4 to now 32-4. The spirit is broken and we need this to be the line in the sand moving forward.

A month ago I thought we were a real chance in this premiership and now I see that we are a spent force .

34-4 is a disaster. This is not good enough and the time has come to bring in some new blood but this is not improving and going from bad to worse!!!

Definitely been an issue for weeks the team selection is extremely disappointing, no line speed in defence.

Our season finished with the attitude of the coaching staff knowing we had zero attack with Turbo and Walker out, very frustrating picking average players who offer SFA in attack.

I have struggled to understand for weeks how Hoppa is not picked at fullback, Schuster at lock and Jake to the front row.

Guacamole on the left edge, Thomo to the right edge, he has missed a few tackles lately on our line leading to tries.

Funa to replace Jorge.

Very hard watching Elliot, Jorge, Garrick, Parker, Levi, Croker, Boyle they offer Zero and just make up the team.

Definitely been an issue for weeks the team selection is extremely disappointing, no line speed in defence.

Our season finished with the attitude of the coaching staff knowing we had zero attack with Turbo and Walker out, very frustrating picking average players who offer SFA in attack.

I have struggled to understand for weeks how Hoppa is not picked at fullback, Schuster at lock and Jake to the front row.

Guacamole on the left edge, Thomo to the right edge, he has missed a few tackles lately on our line leading to tries.

Funa to replace Jorge.

Very hard watching Elliot, Jorge, Garrick, Parker, Levi, Croker, Boyle they offer Zero and just make up the team.
Agree almost 100%, but Parker on work ethic and improvement is sn NRL player- the others I support purely based on wearing a Manly jersey and that's not good enough

We have parra next week. If the same team as sharks and dragoons turns up, it will legit be a 50 plus scoreline.

Something needs to change and the excuse of players out doesn't cut 2 floggings by mid pack teams.

The groundswell is real this week.

average players with no upside is gonna dig is out of this

use your squad des, the 17 you keep picking are not repaying the faith or even making a deposit on it

Tafua, garrick, Croker, Paseka, JetSki should all be dropped. Not because it’s the best thing to do, but standards need to be set and these guys haven’t been close to meeting it.

Des needs to make the standard known and exemplify it by swinging that axe

Sick of hearing that Schuster and Hopoate are too young; Penrith put in a 19 yr old rookie who scores 4 tries on debut.
It’s obvious we need enthusiasm and speed yet we persist with the same mediocre players getting flogged week after week since Turbo went down.
Add Luke metcalf in as well.

We have parra next week. If the same team as sharks and dragoons turns up, it will legit be a 50 plus scoreline.

Something needs to change and the excuse of players out doesn't cut 2 floggings by mid pack teams.
Don’t forget the Donkeys lost to the Eels 59-0, we have the potential to go past that.

Sick of hearing that Schuster and Hopoate are too young; Penrith put in a 19 yr old rookie who scores 4 tries on debut.
It’s obvious we need enthusiasm and speed yet we persist with the same mediocre players getting flogged week after week since Turbo went down.
Exactly to young is such a dinosaurs perspective and opinion!!

I look at the panthers this season and how they have gained from playing players with skill and the upside instead of average players who would be lucky to make the top 30 at other clubs. No good in having a Hoppa, Schuster, Guacamole on ice, let them play..

There's a big difference between making your debut in a red-hot team at the peak of their powers and morale and making your debut in a team that's struggling to compete play by play. Throwing great young talent into our team right now might not be such a great idea for the long-term development of those players. ****, I'll be carrying the mental scars from this week's "effort" for months, and I only watched the game on TV…

There's a big difference between making your debut in a red-hot team at the peak of their powers and morale and making your debut in a team that's struggling to compete play by play. Throwing great young talent into our team right now might not be such a great idea for the long-term development of those players. ****, I'll be carrying the mental scars from this week's "effort" for months, and I only watched the game on TV…
I don’t buy the mental scarring stuff.The kids today are so much more confident and physically bigger .They aren’t tentative. They want to play and genuinely have no fear.

And these days you don’t lose your teeth in back play like a greenhorn used to. Most kids given a go in the NRL this year have gone fine. Best Crichton Field Coates Grant The four try panther .. and plenty of others.

Last year threw up plenty of top flight rookies who are killing it this year as well like Dylan Brown.These kids have debuted In good sides and bad. Can’t remember too many bunny in the headlight moments.It’s a new game. The old adages don’t fly in my opinion.

Last edited:
The panthers are doing well with the mental scars from last season. I think achieving your goals as a player to make it in the top grade is enough drive to be the best you can.

We have long term 1/3 of our salary cap tied up in 3 players. One is an injury crock who plays 6 games a year one is a halfback and captain myth whose really only a downhill skier and the other is now reduced to tackling and giving away penalties because of our lack of game management. We'll never move forward now while we have this anchor around our necks.

It is lop sided. I think they really need to get to the bottom of why Toms hammies continue to fail him.

I believe its make or break for DCE, his confidence is shot and his leadership is wanting at the moment.

I feel for Jake, proud and passionate and not being used the way he should be, in an ideal world he would play a quality 65 minutes a week, I suspect that shoulder is still troubling him.

The problem we have is to move DCE on would really cost us if we moved him on and the decision to sign him for 8 years was always a big gamble.

We have little wriggle room as a result. We dont have the third party payments that the cartel clubs offer their players so we are reduced to having workmanlike players rather than stars.

Moving forward I like our front row. We need to fix our hooker and five eighth pronto!

I don't think bringing a bunch of kids in is the answer to be honest.. maybe 1 or 2, but a total clean out isn't on the cards for now..
Problem is we just have no backline players that cause any concern to the opposition..
Ball goes to Garrick.. they tackle him.. easy
Goes to Parker, they tackle him... easy

When it goes to tom, he engages atleast 3 defenders.. if they hold back, he tramples them to score, when they engage him, he puts his winger or centre in the gap that creates... if he's out, we need someone to step in who does the same...
Dropping tafau,Garrick and Parker all at once will just create a backline with 0 experience that will get pieced up worse than what just happened..

Don’t forget the Donkeys lost to the Eels 59-0, we have the potential to go past that.
Jeez that a nice thought?. If I was you I'd be heading bush to a place with no signal dropping a line and sinking a few beers and forgetting about the match. That sounds much better than watching the Eels do us without lube.

I don't think bringing a bunch of kids in is the answer to be honest.. maybe 1 or 2, but a total clean out isn't on the cards for now..
Problem is we just have no backline players that cause any concern to the opposition..
Ball goes to Garrick.. they tackle him.. easy
Goes to Parker, they tackle him... easy

When it goes to tom, he engages atleast 3 defenders.. if they hold back, he tramples them to score, when they engage him, he puts his winger or centre in the gap that creates... if he's out, we need someone to step in who does the same...
Dropping tafau,Garrick and Parker all at once will just create a backline with 0 experience that will get pieced up worse than what just happened..
That may very well happen.But young players get experience, that’s the difference. Probably get lapped either way so giving guys ago is the positive. Replacing all three at once is not an option though. Agree with that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4