This is not that hard to fix with a bit of luck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I have been the biggest critics of our backs for good reason but with a bit of luck with injuries and some common ****ing sense it’s fixable.

Today was awful though full of effort but the one big positive is that our young forwards, Keppie, Psseka and Guaca have a ton of promise to throw on top of Marty AFB Jake Sirro and Fainu.

The backs are a road crash but it would not be too difficult with a bit of luck to see a very dangerous backline of

DCE
Cust
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Johnstone
Turbot

With a bench featuring
Paseka
Shuster
Guaca
Keppie

To do that requires

1.an ounce of luck with injuries
2. a very good coach( which we have ) to finally address the fact that the game now requires speed and give the young lads a chance in favour of conservatism
3. the club to move on some fringe players and get the experienced speedy Johnstone like player we are crying out for out wide and provide back up to Tommy while Hoppa develops
4. DCE to have a long hard look at his game management. ( he has every skill - knuckle down !!)

That’s not a seriously difficult shopping list( maybe throw in a hard nut second rower) and that side will mix it with anyone out there.

Last edited:
I e been the biggest critics of our backs for good reason but with a bit of luck with injuries and some common ****ing sense it’s fixable.

Today was awful though full of effort but the one big positive is that our young forwards, Keppie, Psseka and Guaca have a ton of promise to throw on top of Marty AFB Jake and Fainu.

The backs are a road crash but it would not be too difficult with a bit of luck to see a very dangerous backline of

DCE
Cust
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Johnstone
Turbot

With a bench featuring
Paseka
Shuster
Guaca
Keppie

To do that requires

2. a very good coach( which we have ) to finally address the fact that the game now requires speed and give the young lads a chance in favour of conservatism
3. the club to move on some fringe players and get the Johnstone like player we are crying out for out wide and provide back up to Tommy while Hoppa develops
4. DCE to have a long hard look at his game management. ( he has every skill - knuckle down !!)

That’s not a seriously difficult shopping list and that side will mix it with anyone out there.
I agree. Watching the outside backs today was cringe worthy. They leak to many points, they are not strong or dangerous with the ball either.

The forwards are coming along nicely. Pretty sure Siro needs to get his knee right, playing at about 60-70%

The wingers and centres worry me the most.

Common sense and agree with you.
Our current backline is the worst in the comp, absolute garbage and would flat out struggle against a reserve grade side.

I actually thought we looked quite good today minus some terrible decision making and some bad misses by the outside backs in defense. The penalty count was 10-3 to Newcastle at one point with us leading.

This season is a write off but we are very close to being a good side.

Yeah, the backs need some work, that's for sure. Having said, I can't knock Parker. He is a resilient blue collar terrier and every team needs a couple of guys like that. Unfortunately, we are missing any bling around him. Someone like Parker gives the backline a good balance, IMHO.

Hooker is a bit of problem at the moment
Would prefer Levi getting more game time even the full 80 mins
The team or the way they play differs when Crocker comes on

Agree, we are in desperate need of a backs coach also, I have forgotten the last time I have seen a set play that goes through the hands and us scoring in the corner.

Was going to start my own thread with the same. Get Fainu, Walker and Turbo back. Bring in Schuster, Hoppa and Metcalfe to go with Olakau-atu, Funa and Cust from this year. Sign a quality half/hooker to replace Croker and sign a starting back to replace Elliott.
Parker, Jorge etc who are walk up starters this year would go back to depth players.

I have been the biggest critics of our backs for good reason but with a bit of luck with injuries and some common ****ing sense it’s fixable.

Today was awful though full of effort but the one big positive is that our young forwards, Keppie, Psseka and Guaca have a ton of promise to throw on top of Marty AFB Jake Sirro and Fainu.

DCE
Cust
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Johnstone
Turbot

With a bench featuring
Paseka
Shuster
Guaca
Keppie

To do that requires

3. the club to move on some fringe players and get the experienced speedy Johnstone like player we are crying out for out wide and provide back up to Tommy while Hoppa develops

That’s not a seriously difficult shopping list( maybe throw in a hard nut second rower) and that side will mix it with anyone out there.
Won't be fixed this year. Season over with 6 weeks to go. How fu*ked can it be. No excuse for this fu*ked up season. No on field leadership or game management from supposed the highest paid player in the game. What a fu*king joke

Johnstone has speed and an incredible try scoring record over a long period and is great under a bomb. If he misses a few tackles ( to be honest his defence has never seemed an issue to me ) so be it. Our depth blokes unfortunately can’t defend or attack.

You take that last minute break from JetSki
He gives it to Johnstone and every chance he scores. That’s what those sort of blokes can do.

93 TRIES IN 135 GAMES - and he is available !
I’m pretty sure that would be very close to the best going round - and he’s played all over the paddock.

Brad Parker has 13 in 70. I think Moses has about 5 since he got here, Elliott about the same. Just can’t keep ignoring this

Surely we are in the market with Thommo Elliott and a few others leaving.

Last edited:
Won't be fixed this year. Season over with 6 weeks to go. How fu*ked can it be. No excuse for this fu*ked up season. No on field leadership or game management from supposed the highest paid player in the game. What a fu*king joke
Yep. It’s not going to be fixed this year and it’s incredibly disappointing but they can start down the road as players return.

Johnstone has speed and an incredible try scoring record over a long period and is great under a bomb. If he misses a few tackles ( to be honest his defence has never seemed an issue) so be it. Our depth blokes unfortunately can’t defend or attack.

He gives it to Johnstone and every chance he scores. That’s what those sort of blokes can do.

93 TRIES IN 135 GAMES - and he is available !
I’m pretty sure that would be very close to the best going round - and he’s played all over the paddock.

Brad Parker has 13 in 70. I think Moses has about 5 since he got here.

Surely we are in the market
Parker has more concussions than tries

After watching Johnston play last night, he made the same mistakes in defence as what our edges have been doing all year. Not sure if he would be an improvement.
He also scored two tries. More than Garrick and the same as Parker and Suli have scored all year.

Johnstone has speed and an incredible try scoring record over a long period and is great under a bomb. If he misses a few tackles ( to be honest his defence has never seemed an issue) so be it. Our depth blokes unfortunately can’t defend or attack.

To be honest, Garrick can do the same, has the ability. Safe under bomb, fast, doesn't run in - he is just not a full back!

Hoppa Jr has to be groomed to play Wing and full back cover.

Garrick is pretty reliable as a winger, ordinary as FB. But it's such a lot harder position.

The ideal winger is that Perera from Dragons. He is strong, athletic, safe, fast and a tackle breaker.

Hoping Hoppa Jr from what I have seen can turn out similar.

Walker to centre (if he doesn't go back to crabbing and arm grabbing in defence - something he doesn't do at 5/8) - otherwise he is a pretty good 5/8 Dylan just lacks that kick.

Cust could always share the hooking duties with Faniu and develop his kick from hooker. Would also like to see Schuster develop as a Filter or Wade Graham type back rower with an attacking Kick every now and then.

Harper is also an unknown, I'm keen to see how this kid develops as he seems like a natural centre, speed can get on the outside and set up a winger. Defence the unknown. Cannot stand centres and wingers who are a liability in defence

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8