This a great Idea I wonder who will be the first NRL club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree 100% Larissa. Was it Manly fans or fans of other clubs that the abuse has come from?

I just don't get the obsession with Twitter, generally people follow celebrities and sportsmen. I am just not interested in their personal lives and what they are doing, the twitter addicts seem to be the ones with very little else to do. This is coming from the man who posts on a league forum :)

I quite enjoy Twitter, and given my age that's a surprise (even to me).

I do not follow celebrities, and the only Sportsmen I follow are Manly players.

I do follow organisations like RL Week / The Grill Team and a few others, so 99% of my "feed" is RL based...when the season is over I probably will vanish from Twitter for 6 months.

I do however enjoy getting Tweets from big Georgie and a few of the others that are on Twitter.....I can clearly see the dangers for them though so they have to be VERY careful.

Much like the ignore button on here it's simple to "unfollow" a person and ignore any abusive tweets.

One of the bits I like is when I am not at the game (which sadly is most of the time) I enjoy the banter prior, during and after the game...it's sort of like Silvertails on steroids!!

Not for everyone I know BUT just thought some would appreciate the comments of an older fan that does enjoy it.

Unfortunately it was Manly fans directing some abuse towards me. Consequently I don't use twitter nearly as much anymore.

I am not a big twitter user, as most know berkley eagle handles our twitter account and our articles are automatically posted there. I jump on sometimes to make a post or when something is brought to my attention, however I just don't find it a useful tool for my daily life and as such rarely use it.

Too many loons on there too

I have a Twitter account but I don't get the obsession with it as a medium. At this point in time I consider it a highly overrated phenomenon. That may change, but I must say I'm underwhelmed by both Facebook and Twitter.

Larissa said:
Unfortunately it was Manly fans directing some abuse towards me. Consequently I don't use twitter nearly as much anymore.

Unfortunately that does not surprise me.

Garts said:
Larissa said:

Unfortunately that does not surprise me.

Extremly sad to hear that BUT one thing about "keyboard warriors" is that they like hiding behind their "handles".....and sadly that is NOT restricted to Twitter.

Damn stupid twitter. I just don't get it and don't see the appeal. I could say more but don't want to offend people on here.

Larissa said:

Poor form. I saw someone getting abusive about the Perth game and complaining about being ripped off as a season ticket holder. There's no need for that. Especially to Larissa and her team who as everyone here knows have done a great job over the last 18 months.

Frank said:
Damn stupid twitter. I just don't get it and don't see the appeal. I could say more but don't want to offend people on here.
Mate it has it's good points there are alot of our fans who interact positively with our players on there.

It's great as an out of town fan to have that sort of access.

Like all things in life theirs a minority who tend to spoil it for everyone.

And that's the thing Frank. I love the fact that George responds to me, and that Choccy says "thanks for the comments Mark"..and Darcy Lussick and I communicate as well. Most of us living away from Sydney don't get the access (certainly I do but I am generalising here) so this is a small way that people can.

But you are 100% spot on, and it's just a fact of life

"Like all things in life theirs a minority who tend to spoil it for everyone" (your quote)

Mark from Brisbane said:
And that's the thing Frank. I love the fact that George responds to me, and that Choccy says "thanks for the comments Mark"..and Darcy Lussick and I communicate as well. Most of us living away from Sydney don't get the access (certainly I do but I am generalising here) so this is a small way that people can.

But you are 100% spot on, and it's just a fact of life

"Like all things in life theirs a minority who tend to spoil it for everyone" (your quote)
Oi That was my pearl of wisdom
Mark :).

You forgot to add being a part of the #hottabgirl crew. You love Jamie as much as well all do.

Agree Frank. TBH I don't care what the league players do in their spare time I have other things going on in my life. To me it is like people that like the Kardashians or Hiltons etc and love reading about them and watching those dumb arse shows. Although I am sure the footy related tweets would be interesting and for that reason I can understand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6