Thirteen into ten: who misses out?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Given we are injury free we have 13 'forwards' potentially worthy of selection. The maximum number of forwards that can be selected in a top 17 is 10 (six on the field and four reserves). There is:
Al, Kapow, Keppie, Sippers, Tent, Bully, Davey, Guacca, Jurbo, Froggy and The Lawman (11), plus two forwards/backs: Walker and The Shoe.
Of those 13 listed Sippers is the least likely to be selected.
A creative option would be to use Walker and The Shoe as centres (that would be tough on Parker who is a real trier). How would Walker and The Shoe go in the backline?

Mine would be, Aloiai - Lawman - Paseka - Guacca - Schuster - Jake. Bench; Davey - Walker - Keppie - Sipley. Foran 5/8 DCE half Omissions.. Marty, lacks punch, Bully, maybe later, Froggy, time to see what Lawnton can do.

We won't have to worry too much, injury sickness and suspension means we'll rarely have the full complement to choose from.
Marty, Keppie, Aloia and Paseka the props. Davey Haumole & Jake back row. Croker hooker.
Bench Lawton Walker.
Bully to miss out at this stage.
That is for now but might change over time, for one thing it will get tighter when Schue returns, as he is a certainty somewhere, possibly bench in place of Lawton?

For mine I’d like to see:

Paseka
Croker
Jake
Olakau’atu
Schuster
Walker

Lawton
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley

Lawton playing heavy minutes at only hooker and not backrow (Davey can cover this) and a front row rotation of Paseka/Jake/Aloiai/Sipley with Marty and Keppie learning how to play properly at Blacktown. Walker has been our best forward this year and I think we’d almost be better off starting him rather than waiting 25 minutes before we have anyone actually going forward. I expect Bullemor to drop out this weekend for Aloiai this weekend which is a shame as it won’t be great for his confidence but he is still a bit raw at this stage

Aloiai
Crocker
Paseka
Haumole
Jake
Walker
Schuster
Foran or DCE
Parker
Koula
Saab
Garrick
Tom

Foran or DCE
Sipley
Keppie
Bullemor

Davey
Lawton
Taupau
Tuitavake
Tuipulotu
Harper
Weekes

My 24 when everyone is available but it won't happen .

Not much love here for Marty but I'm still a fan.

I did notice him wince in a tackle last week and wouldn't be surprised if he is still dealing with the back injury that saw him knocked out of the trial game. Having experienced back injury myself I know that it's very hard to put it out of your mind.

Regardless I still think he's been putting in and going hard. Possibly being asked to play hurt because Aloiai has been unavailable.

Regardless of the potential of Keppie and Paseka, and the power of Sippers (when we have the ball) I'm sure Marty and Josh are still our senior props. They definitely are when it comes to NRL experience (and pay packet).

Not much love here for Marty but I'm still a fan.
Also, not much love for Bully who was our only major signing for 2022.
In hindsight, recruiting a second rower was unwise as we have plenty of good ones already, unless he is being treated as a front rower. If he doesn't make our top 17 for Mudgee then it will basically mean we have the same team as 2021, with the exception of Davey.

Yep, but Davey is a significant addition.
Bullemor is mostly a prop, pretty sure I've read that somewhere. I think we put him at 2nd row because Schu is absent, and Bully is certainly fast enough. Not sure if has any passing game though? He has shown potential, and next time he gets a run in first grade I'm sure he will try to really make a statement.

Yep, but Davey is a significant addition.
Bullemor is mostly a prop, pretty sure I've read that somewhere. I think we put him at 2nd row because Schu is absent, and Bully is certainly fast enough. Not sure if has any passing game though? He has shown potential, and next time he gets a run in first grade I'm sure he will try to really make a statement.
hopefully bully is martys replacement for next season

Assume Fainu is the only player unavailable (and I hope it doesn't take too long for Des to see the light):

01. Tom Trbojevic (Easy selection)
02. Jason Saab (have an experienced hand next to him that doesn't get dominated)
03. Dylan Walker (told to roam like Turbo in SOO)
04. Brad Parker / Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick (easy selection - improving from the start of the year)
06. Kieran Foran (play exactly how he is, amazing this year)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (told to STRAIGHTEN the attack - no more crabbing)
08. Jake Trbojevic (to slow for lock now, we need to be more agile / fast)
09. James Segeyaro (told to straighten the attack, speed up the ruck)
10. Josh Aloiai (need him to play aggressive and straight)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu (play like he is - up tempo and hard)
12. Andrew Davey (play as he is - up tempo and hard)
13. Josh Schuster (needs to be both sides of the field like a 5/8)

14. Karl Lawton (plays backrow if Segeyaro is killing it) - possibly Kaeo Weekes
15. Marty Taupau (needs to make more impact)
16. Taniela Paseka (fighting it out with Sipley / Bullemor)
17. Sean Keppie (fighting it out with Sipley / Bullemor)

Assume Fainu is the only player unavailable (and I hope it doesn't take too long for Des to see the light):

01. Tom Trbojevic (Easy selection)
02. Jason Saab (have an experienced hand next to him that doesn't get dominated)
03. Dylan Walker (told to roam like Turbo in SOO)
04. Brad Parker / Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick (easy selection - improving from the start of the year)
06. Kieran Foran (play exactly how he is, amazing this year)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (told to STRAIGHTEN the attack - no more crabbing)
08. Jake Trbojevic (to slow for lock now, we need to be more agile / fast)
09. James Segeyaro (told to straighten the attack, speed up the ruck)
10. Josh Aloiai (need him to play aggressive and straight)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu (play like he is - up tempo and hard)
12. Andrew Davey (play as he is - up tempo and hard)
13. Josh Schuster (needs to be both sides of the field like a 5/8)

14. Karl Lawton (plays backrow if Segeyaro is killing it) - possibly Kaeo Weekes
15. Marty Taupau (needs to make more impact)
16. Taniela Paseka (fighting it out with Sipley / Bullemor)
17. Sean Keppie (fighting it out with Sipley / Bullemor)
i like that side. its strong. i still not sure where schuster belongs, but he belongs and if he returns while the current team stay healthy his selection may show us a snapshot to the future,

we have the NSW feel of 5-10 years ago currently , when qld had dominant playmakers/game managers and NSW picked ball playing backrowers , centres, ballboys, anyone to fill the void, but as talented as they were team balance suffered due to a lack dallas johnsons,and dare i say it nate myles types

davey is a good start

Spoiler alert - Des will never backtrack and play Walker in the centres ever again.

Similar to him never fulfilling my fantasy of having DCE at hooker. (i'm sure there is a joke in there)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolatau Koula
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Karl Lawton
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster