Things you don’t see in modern rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I don't miss.

Contested scrums. (Sorry @HoldenV8 only a self-flagulating lunatic would want the return of that nonsense)

North Sydney.

The water bucket and blood drenched sponge.

Controversy Corner with the Moose and Ferris Ashton

Unfortunately Woodsie 90% of the readers on this forum would have no idea as to what I am alluding. I mean it was late 60s, early 70s fare, like the passing competition and the famous emu mascot that Rex wanted to take a shotgun to (or was it a 303?)

Unfortunately Woodsie 90% of the readers on this forum would have no idea as to what I am alluding to. I mean it was late 60s, early 70s fare, like the passing competition and the famous emu mascot that Rex wanted to take a shotgun to (or was it a 303?)

Everything was better in black and white.

You have got me to thinking again Bear, and my thoughts have gone to the rich fabric that makes a club. Some call it culture, tradition whatever. When I was a young goose hanging around in the dressing rooms at training and on match day, one thing was very different to what I expect that you would see today.

The blokes giving the leg rubs, picking up sh1t, passing oranges etc were largely volunteers and welded on supporters and ex players. I vividly remember that on any given day the likes of Bernie Seymour, Hermie Hamilton, Roy Bull, Gordon Willoughby, Gartner, John Tenison would all be in and out of the sheds , saying g'day how you going ... even Rex Mossop would run laps of Brookie with his boxer dog on training nights. (I stayed out of Rex's way because of a previous indiscretion)

My point is that there was always a strong link between the past and present, and mentors abounded. Today I suspect the only people in the dressing rooms would be the professional staff and maybe a couple of others.

Everything was better in black and white.

...even Rex Mossop would run laps of Brookie with his boxer dog on training nights. (I stayed out of Rex's way because of a previous indiscretion)

Weren't a fan of My Three Sons in colour Woodsie? Or Bewitched, or Dad's Army?

A cousin of mine used to caddy at Manly Golf Course in the early 1970s. He reckoned they all tried to hide when Rex came looking for a caddy, because he was a lousy tipper!

And you're right about the club culture thing. Right now it seems to be on life support.

Weren't a fan of My Three Sons in colour Woodsie? Or Bewitched, or Dad's Army?

A cousin of mine used to caddy at Manly Golf Course in the early 1970s. He reckoned they all tried to hide when Rex came looking for a caddy, because he was a lousy tipper!

And you're right about the club culture thing. Right now it seems to be on life support.

Holy crap on a stick. I also caddied at Manly in the late 60's while at school. They were all lousy tippers unless they had an extended stop at the 9th.

Was a fan of all those shows, and according to some .... we are doomed, doomed I tell you.

Holy crap on a stick. I also caddied at Manly in the late 60's while at school. They were all lousy tippers unless they had an extended stop at the 9th.

Was a fan of all those shows, and according to some .... we are doomed, doomed I tell you.
same here woodsie,ten bob for a round from the good guys,old frank the starter,the women were tight as tho didn't want to pay more than 4 shillings

Controversy Corner with the Moose and Ferris Ashton
Ferris taught me to kick goals lol... we'd compete for schooners... so you got good or he'd get real drunk lol!

Edit: I'm talking about Greg Ashton... mayhap a bit later on the scene lol..

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8