Things I would like to see in Round Three

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'd like to see us match the Dogs for enthusiasm. Doesn't seem like too much to ask!
Also when I get home from the game I want to watch the post game presser and see Barrett looking tense angry and miserable. (Not because i dislike him, just because I want his team to lose) @:D

I would like to see us take advantage of the congestion teams are aiming up with to stop tom. They are piling up in the middle which is leaving holes on the edges, a good hooker would be getting it out through the hands quickly enough to take advantage of the speed we have our wide

I'd like to see us match the Dogs for enthusiasm. Doesn't seem like too much to ask!
Also when I get home from the game I want to watch the post game presser and see Barrett looking tense angry and miserable. (Not because i dislike him, just because I want his team to lose) @:D
As long as no one throws a bone at the dogs, because if they do then we are screwed

I would like to see us take advantage of the congestion teams are aiming up with to stop tom. They are piling up in the middle which is leaving holes on the edges, a good hooker would be getting it out through the hands quickly enough to take advantage of the speed we have our wide
You would think that Des would of noticed this tactic also and rearrange our plan of attack accordingly, just need DCE and Foz to exploit this to our advantage. You are right Dan we have speed to burn in Saab and to a lesser extent Garrick to capitalize on this.

You would think that Des would of noticed this tactic also and rearrange our plan of attack accordingly, just need DCE and Foz to exploit this to our advantage. You are right Dan we have speed to burn in Saab and to a lesser extent Garrick to capitalize on this.
The compressed defence only works if you have good line speed,Penrith do it very well first 3 or 4 tackles then they back off ,top sides can consistently do it,which is a reason we struggle against them and also the reason we generally beat the bottom sides ,or wingers scored heaps of tries but towards the backend of last year the lower sides went back to a slide defence which worked.Dogs will start with a compressed line but Doubt they can keep it up and move to a slide defence which will make more room in the middle

Great point but is it the hookers fault or the players calling the shots .Are the edges skilled enough to get the ball to the wingers .I think they are after watching them last year with our back 3 unstoppable .Also I think if the structured plays are not working , try plan B or C .

2 Points !! :wait:

As a team, more support in everything
In defence put the attacker on his back and control the tempo better through the middle
The forwards to start running from the back fence instead of jogging up thinking offload.... to physically compete better
Some early shifts against that compressed defence
Better kicking game to create repeat sets and give Saab a shot in the air in that red zone
Stop thinking Tom will get us a win and all 17 men simply roll up the sleeves and win the ugly battles to allow Tom to actually play his game.
Also more depth in attack....we are flat often due to lack of go forward, but the outside players are still responsible for getting into position to hit the ball at speed, which is not happening...

Last edited:
Great point but is it the hookers fault or the players calling the shots .Are the edges skilled enough to get the ball to the wingers .I think they are after watching them last year with our back 3 unstoppable .Also I think if the structured plays are not working , try plan B or C .
You'd be surprised how often it is the hooker who is calling the shots and plays.
A good hooker should be watching the defense as he runs into get the ball and eying off tired or slow players, holes and patterns so that a lot of the time the halves can react and call off of that.

I don't want to suggest a mouse trap play but certainly a reverse of play or an Adam Reynolds style tunnel ball could be a helpful way to get that quick change.

Basically we need to use Tommy as a decoy around other plays until a time that teams react and we can use him. Eventually they will have to move away from the plan if we expose them by not relying on him and that's when he can come back into the game.

It's quite interesting to think every team has spent significant amounts of the offseason and training around how to contain one player. That's remarkable

Option, options, options. Would be great to see us doing something instead of the same old one-off-the-ruck hit-ups going nowhere.

Mostly I think I just want to see players helping each other and putting their hands up to do something. Saab is getting smashed and there is no one back there to help him. Then Harper gets smashed the next play from a dummy half run because there is nobody else anywhere near the ball. No effort, no structure. And this is two minutes into the game - not after 65 minutes when you might expect fatigue to have kicked in.

Much like our start to last season, we have been so far off the pace of an average NRL team it's not funny. We need massive improvements across the park to be competitive. Really hope the players know it's all about effort and commitment and not just "flicking the switch" because they suddenly feel like it.

A win.............ok, a big big big big win. One that sets us up for success for the rest of the year.

Not too much to ask, really. :cool:

We should be kicking early for our wingers - particularly Saab while running Tom up the middle as a decoy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8