There must be changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok so the options are Boyle like tonight who is injured or Gosiewski who couldn't tackle my grandma. Give me Parker any day!! At least the bloke has a dig and we need some defensive structure out on the right cos God help us if Gosiewski, Chez and Suli are named again.
Id argue you don't know footy if you think Parker couldn't do a better defence on the right then Gosiewski and Boyle
I hear what yo are saying re Parker doing a better defensive job. But Brad Parker is not a first grader. And by keeping these guys around yo are denying playing some younger guys that may actually be first graders.

The NRL seems to have looked at the AFL and think that the amount of points equates to the game's success at drawing number of tv viewers and fans.

The NRL has failed to understand that fans of AFL clubs are rusted on and will put up with a lot and that in comparison most NRL fans are not that easily suffers of poor performance by their club.

While the NRL are chasing new eyeballs they are losing at a rapid rate real rugby league fans.
again so true - it is now a glorified game of touch. What was once much desired in a football player - toughness - resilience - brutal defence - forwards hunting as a pack etc has been replaced by a total focus on speed and fitness. Our team was based in the past and as I have said before I am guessing Des was hamstrung by contracts at the end of last year and any changes would have meant we would have had to pay significant parts of the contract to offload players and then pay more to bring new ones in. With some troops back, some changes in positions and players and Lawnton fit we will be ok but there will be a massive overhaul at the end of the year. Plus we have a million fabulous young players coming through... now they have to measure up against men obviously and fulfill that promise and with Schuster and Guaca committing that means they see a bright future here. Certainly there are huge question marks over DCE after this year.

C'mon Mark... this is as rock bottom as it gets mate... we are not just the worst team , daylight is 15th
Tge sad reality for me last night was that we are ligitimatly in the dogs, cows, Broncs ballpark. Not even getting up there with other hopeless teams like sharks and dragons. Unless Tom comes back with his Superman cape and miraculously turns this, we are a legit wooden spoon chance. Tge one very slim saving grace from last night is that we do have guys coming back, we played the best team in the comp - imo by a long stretch now. Fark Penrith have lost one game in like 22! And I also remember the game the eels beat them and they were robbed in that one. We won’t be the first team this year that Penrith does that too. I actually think Penrith are at a higher level to the other good sides. So complete as a team. I mean Tgey beat the Storm without Cleary! Says it all really.

Jake has actually had a few nice go forward direct runs for a change this year, you can see he is trying to mix his passing game also to offer more subtle variation with direct runners off his hip.(it's been a nice positive to see)

In saying that Jake is still ineffective and is more like Manly's different version of Nathan Hindmarsh, can work hard and inspire the troops with effort but you never feel the impact is ever worth the money he is on.
Well put TC. He never is or has been an impact player. The impact he had from good hits is on the slide too. Unfortunately the game changing has not suited Jake at all. Back to the front row I think. Can still ball play a bit from there too like Graham did. We just need a faster more mobile 13.

Mop my tears after watching my team put up
To not do legit hard footy tackling anymore as the current NRL rules will punish Jake and Manly for being a proper rugby league forward.

Which is a dumb move in imo. It is true that now and then Jake will get pinged (wrongly imo), but also every now and then he will rock the ball out of the opponent's possession and or slow down the play the ball to help Manly defend. Given the alternative that we see now, I rather risk the penalty and have the real Jake back.

Its clear this Manly squad has been procured and trained for a set of NRL playing rules that are no longer in existence. Its not Manly's fault the NRL did that in the Covid break last year, but it is what it is.
i wouldn’t mind seeing Jake move to prop. Yes our middle would be weakened but how much worse can it get ‍♂️

The changes needed are of the following (not in order):
1. Croker to not play another minute of first grade - Cust to play 65+ mins.
2. Taupau to be given a kick up the bum - bench him. Aloiai and Paseka are ready to lead this pack with Jake, Marty is going through the motions on a measly 800k a year.
3. Spud clean out - Parker, Gosiewski, Boyle shouldn't be getting picked. I'd drop Suli for 2 weeks and bring him back for the Tigers clash, he's been coasting since he's gotten his 550k a year deal at the end of 2019.
4. Captaincy - give it to Jake.
5. Organising - give it to Foz.
6. Youngsters - it's time to give 1-2 a go at least. Harper, Tuipolotu are obviously ready. I'd bring Ben T off the bench although he's small.
7. Second Rowers - we need a back to become a 2row. Taufua is back and we've missed his set starts - for me it's him in the back row. If he's not back, Parker maybe... although he is a pub footballer with some OK defence.

Team v Warriors needed:
1. Turbo 2. Saab (persist) 3. Walker (natural position) 4. Harper (finally get a run) 5. Tuipulotu 6. Cherry-Evans (running game) 7. Foran (organising game)
8. Aloiai (pack leader) 9. Cust 10. Paseka 11. Schuster (for now) 12. Taufua 13. Trbojevic
14. Koula 15. Taupau (please do something off the bench) 16. Keppie 17. B. Trbojevic

Gosiewski & Croker to not see another minute of NRL.

Last edited:
Again blow up, can understand from fan frustration.

He's here in week 12, which is halfway through the season so will serve 1.5/2 of his contract which honestly isnt the worst.

He is a good player if you've actually bothered to watch him - much better than most hookers in the comp. Who else were we to sign? Nathan Peats? Lawton is much much better than him... oh and isn't ancient too.
Still not the point.

Can hardly claim we are "missing" a player if:

A) we signed him busted
B) he's never ever played a game for our club
C) he's not due back any time soon

Still not the point.

Can hardly claim we are "missing" a player if:

A) we signed him busted
B) he's never ever played a game for our club
C) he's not due back any time soon
Was more responding to your comment 'Amazing Recruitment' rather than the technicality of claiming him as 'missing'.

I still consider it good recruitment in that he will be an asset to the club from June onwards and he is the best hooker (when fully fit) that realistically would be let go from another club. You can't just sign players with the horizon of the next 4-8 games.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8