There king Ceo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HAHA. To be honest mate, i know what you're saying about laying off the dogs a bit, but i probably speak for a fair few forum users when i say that for me, it's just fun and games. We all know it's business and nothing will change what's been done. It's just good to blow off steam and stir the occasional dogs troll. It is the off season and i guess, in a way, we should all thank Des for giving us this unusual lively banter at this time of year.

I have to duck out for about an hour now. I have to meet CaptainKickass down at Centerlink to drop off our dole forms, then we're off for beers and a quick game of pool.

Daniel said:
Actually there are only two "if's in that and they are not far stretches of imagination either.

The rest is already fact, some is looking at fact going forward
What do ifs, buts, and promises mean if your team is unsuccessful on the fied.???

BOZO said:
Daniel said:
Actually there are only two "if's in that and they are not far stretches of imagination either.

What do ifs, buts, and promises mean if your team is unsuccessful on the fied.???

Every season is an "IF" for every team. Greenburg has put his club in the best possible position to make their if a true fact.

Daniel said:
BOZO said:
Daniel said:

Every season is an "IF" for every team. Greenburg has put his club in the best possible position to make their if a true fact.

Will you lay off the Greenturd lovefest- He happened to be in the right place at the right time. It would't surprise me if Des or more likely his manager Minime made the first contact.

On another issue, I am convinced that the timing of the announcement of Des' signing was Des' decision- ie- he would have agreed with the 'turd to not make any announcement until the end of the season so as not to disrupt the team during the finals campaign.

The Turd just got lucky, actually he happened to win lotto, that's all- so I suppose he does have something to smile about!

mozgrame said:
OMG!! Greenburg's gotten to you hasn't he Dan?? You can't change this site to a Bulldog supporters forum! How much has he offered you?? I'll double it, tripple it, whatever you want. You can't leave us Dan!! WE LOVE YOU DAMMIT!!! ;)

Dan wants to keep the site name but we can't have it anymore because the Bulldogs are now the Silvertails. He's trying to get the best of both worlds.

Brookie4eva said:
I understand the sentiment behind a boycott of the game, but this is the one game where we need to really show our support for the boys.

How would the players feel if no one comes to support them in that game, and also it would give the Dogs supporters (and the media) the opportunity to throw around the crap about Manly supporters not traveling to support our team.

I think a bigger message would be to get 20 - 30,000, or more, Manly fans out there and drown out the Scumdog fans.

Not giving them money is hardly going to hurt them anyway.

This is right.

Next year we must achieve 4 things:

1) Beat the Dogs at ANZ in Round 8
2) Beat the Dogs at Brookie in the return game
3) Beat the Dogs on the table and make the finals
4) Win the GF. If it's against the Dogs, even better.

I don't care if my money goes to the Dogs. In the end Manly probably get 1000 fans out there every time. That's $25,000. Not much in the scheme of things when the 20,000 Dogs fans make up $500,000 (so 5% of revenue). Instead, we can go out there in our droves, turn it into a Manly home game and go home with the 2 points, then do it again at Brookie. Yes they get our money, but we got the better of them on the field.

For a club that gets $4 million a year from their leagues Club, $25,000 is pocket money. No Manly fans? No challenge, they can be as loud as they want. I think boycotting the game is the most stupid idea I have heard on here in the last week...well except for Bones getting a Chihuahua.

He's a media darling who's under real pressure now because he's out of excuses.

1. He inherited the dramas of the previous administration. ie..... not his fault
2. He gave Kevin Moore a shot because of his family name and let him sign all the players he wanted. When he felt he was out of his depth he sacked him. ie..... Moore's fault not his.

Now he signs a 2 time Premiership winning coach and a host of support staff in an attempt to transplant a winning culture. You'd think with all the money at his disposal he could put together a decent coaching staff years ago.... but no, he failed.

He's desperately hoping Des will deliver because if their results don't dramatically improve over the next 2 years he may be forced to sack Des and go to plan B, Jim Dymock. They'll be investing over 4 million on Des and his crew and they need him to produce. Anything less than final 4 should be seen as underperforming.

Greenberg has staked his reputation on Des succeeding so if/when he fails to live up to the high expectations it will be interesting to see the fall out.

Jono said:
mozgrame said:
OMG!! Greenburg's gotten to you hasn't he Dan?? You can't change this site to a Bulldog supporters forum! How much has he offered you?? I'll double it, tripple it, whatever you want. You can't leave us Dan!! WE LOVE YOU DAMMIT!!! ;)

Dan wants to keep the site name but we can't have it anymore because the Bulldogs are now the Silvertails. He's trying to get the best of both worlds.

Brookie4eva said:
I understand the sentiment behind a boycott of the game, but this is the one game where we need to really show our support for the boys.

How would the players feel if no one comes to support them in that game, and also it would give the Dogs supporters (and the media) the opportunity to throw around the crap about Manly supporters not traveling to support our team.

I think a bigger message would be to get 20 - 30,000, or more, Manly fans out there and drown out the Scumdog fans.

Not giving them money is hardly going to hurt them anyway.

This is right.

Next year we must achieve 4 things:

1) Beat the Dogs at ANZ in Round 8
2) Beat the Dogs at Brookie in the return game
3) Beat the Dogs on the table and make the finals
4) Win the GF. If it's against the Dogs, even better.

I don't care if my money goes to the Dogs. In the end Manly probably get 1000 fans out there every time. That's $25,000. Not much in the scheme of things when the 20,000 Dogs fans make up $500,000 (so 5% of revenue). Instead, we can go out there in our droves, turn it into a Manly home game and go home with the 2 points, then do it again at Brookie. Yes they get our money, but we got the better of them on the field.

For a club that gets $4 million a year from their leagues Club, $25,000 is pocket money. No Manly fans? No challenge, they can be as loud as they want. I think boycotting the game is the most stupid idea I have heard on here in the last week...well except for Bones getting a Chihuahua.

Canterbury does not make any money from crowd sales. They are given $100,000 for every home game played there, as with most clubs that play there.

The Leagues Club gives them $1mil a season not $4mil.

Greenberg is rated the best CEO of the modern era, he's been tipped to be CEO of Cricket Australia and the NRL. Manly goggles off, Greenberg is a great business man, and at our club I think he can do wonders.

Unfortunately I don't think a boycott would affect their $$$$$, as my understanding is by playing at Olympic Stadium, you are guaranteed a set amount of review whether there is one supporter or sold out

tugga8 said:
Unfortunately I don't think a boycott would affect their $$$$$, as my understanding is by playing at Olympic Stadium, you are guaranteed a set amount of review whether there is one supporter or sold out

Correct.

cliffylyons said:
Canterbury does not make any money from crowd sales. They are given $100,000 for every home game played there, as with most clubs that play there.

The Leagues Club gives them $1mil a season not $4mil.

Greenberg is rated the best CEO of the modern era, he's been tipped to be CEO of Cricket Australia and the NRL. Manly goggles off, Greenberg is a great business man, and at our club I think he can do wonders.

In Feb 2009, the Leagues Club guaranteed $4mil for the Football Club, per season. There was also an additional $1mil on hand if the initial amount was not enough. They soon took the extra cash and brought the total of LCs grants to $5mil for the 2009 season.

Have the Football Club operations improved their income in three years to now reduce the handout by $4mil per year?

Short answer, 'No'. They still have the $4mil per year on hand from the LC.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4