• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Those old songs are terrible. They all sound like they've been recorded by the Coonabarrabran old drunks choir. The AFL pump them and Up, up, ya mother at Shark park is always a lowlight.

I'm usually all for the tradional aspects of the game. I think we should revert to the Eagle on next year's jersey permanently. I love Brookie as it is. But these old songs are best left in the past.

The day of the 1996 GF I walked into the SFS just before Ross Wilson belted out a shortened version of Eagle Rock as part of the pre-game entertainment (the one that virtually ignored league and focused on Nein's 40 years of television).

They should play Eagle Rock at other games and the original if we win a game at the SCG.

My sister actually got run over by a double decker. My biggest regret is that I wasn't driving it.

I think Brett could replace Michael Jordan in this clip for an interesting background song during those intermissions and stoppages during game day!
Give Brookie the 'Lounge vibe' :rofl:

On another silly note, I'd love the Club to run a local competition for upcoming band's to enter an original 'Sea Eagles' song, or get Hugh Jackman to bust out a broadway themed song with his hollywood mates, along as it doesn't inspire Russell Crowe to bring up his ****ed up band!

off season life
:rock:

Oh my, it really is deeply into the off season.
Eagle Rock for me.
I have two recent great memories of Eagle Rocking. One in 2014 with a whole train carriage load of Islander and mixed Aussie Manly supporters all singing Eagle Rock played on an iPad after beating the Cows in the last minute at Gosford.
The other, this year. My only Brookie game Vs the Sharkies. After the match my daughter and I were standing at the hill-side fence waiting for the boys to come round. We were surrounded by the a bunch of kids about 10. The speakers blasted Eagle Rock and J and I and the kids all sang every word, sharing smiles and camaraderie.
Was very cool and I was totally impressed that the kids knew all the words and had bucket loads of the Manly spirit.
I do remember my Dad playing me the old song and I thought it was a bit of a snore-fest. Apologies to traditionalists.

Oh my, it really is deeply into the off season.
Eagle Rock for me.
I have two recent great memories of Eagle Rocking. One in 2014 with a whole train carriage load of Islander and mixed Aussie Manly supporters all singing Eagle Rock played on an iPad after beating the Cows in the last minute at Gosford.
The other, this year. My only Brookie game Vs the Sharkies. After the match my daughter and I were standing at the hill-side fence waiting for the boys to come round. We were surrounded by the a bunch of kids about 10. The speakers blasted Eagle Rock and J and I and the kids all sang every word, sharing smiles and camaraderie.
Was very cool and I was totally impressed that the kids knew all the words and had bucket loads of the Manly spirit.
I do remember my Dad playing me the old song and I thought it was a bit of a snore-fest. Apologies to traditionalists.

Yep, that train ride home from Gosford was special.
How many times was that played and sung?

Nah guys, I still get goose bumps to the thought of them running out to this !! (Try n listen to the whole song guys if ya can :) )
Eagle Fly Free - By Helloween (on the actual CD you hear an Eagle scream at the start of this, but the video doesn't show it)

People are in big confusion
They don't like our constitution
Everyday they draw conclusions
And they're still prepared for war
Some can say what's ineffective
Some make up themselves attractive
Build up things they call protective
Well your life seems quite bizarre
Bridge:
In the sky a mighty eagle
Doesn't care 'bout what's illegal
On its wings the rainbow's light
It's flying to eternity
Chorus:
Eagle fly free
Let people see
Just make it your own way
Leave time behind
Follow the sign
Together we'll fly someday
Hey, we think so supersonic
And we make our bombs atomic
Or the better quite neutronic
But the poor don't see a dime
Nowadays the air's polluted
Ancient people persecuted
That's what mankind contributed
To create a better time
Bridge:
In the sky a mighty eagle
Doesn't care 'bout what's illegal
On its wings the rainbow's light
It's flying to eternity
Chorus:
Eagle fly free
Let people see
Just make it your own way
Leave time behind
Follow the sign
Together we'll fly someday

Yep, that train ride home from Gosford was special.
How many times was that played and sung?
Lol, quite of few times. Were you in that carriage? That's great. Fellow Silvertails celebrating together.:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4