The whipping boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This team right now just has to focus on remaining in the grind and not let our stifled predictable attack knock the confidence and belief down to the point of causing possession swings and points against us.

Attack will start to show confidence in the second half once we gain some offloads under reduced defensive intensity then work off that----we don't have that many ball playing attacking options and creative structures(at the moment)along with outside back class to hurt good defensive teams in the fresh stages.

Suli Was hitting the ball up pretty hard with speed in the 2nd half also.
Needs to run straighter with his lines and go forward, too often in attacking plays tries to go around a player when he really doesn't have that in his game due to a lack of overall sharpness about him.

Suli was poor, slow and caught out of position in attack and defence, there was a good effort patch in the second half where he tried to lift the team defensively in the Raiders half which is good to see.

100% agree. People remember Suli doing 2 or 3 tackles early in the 2nd half as if it is amazing. Amazing for Suli perhaps BUT
It's normal for any first grader and disappointing he does not do it more often to help his team out. Look at the efforts Tafua does every week. That is the work ethic Suli needs to attain . It just will not be at Manly after this year.

100% agree. People remember Suli doing 2 or 3 tackles early in the 2nd half as if it is amazing. Amazing for Suli perhaps BUT
It's normal for any first grader and disappointing he does not do it more often to help his team out.
Yeah that is the point i was trying to illustrate, good to see but should not be seen as special.

This team right now just has to focus on remaining in the grind.QUOTE]
If anyone remembers, that was the catalyst in our return to glory in 05/06? We didn't have the cattle to put sides away but damn we dug deep defencively.

We are showing heart & resolve ,what a game !!
Have a look at all our former whipping boys .
These are all guys no one wanted to see in a Manly jersey again.
Hats off to you champions, never give up.
Croker ,
Suli,
Parker,
Taufua ,
Elliott.
IMG_20190429_045310.jpg

Bani was at the game with a group of Indigenous kiddies from the ACT :clap:

He was happily surprised that I remembered him at Manly :)

Talk about whipping boy :tmi:

Last edited:
Bani was at the game with a group of Indigenous kiddies from the ACT :clap:

He was happily surprised that I remembered him at Manly :)

Talk about whipping boy :tmi:

Loved Bani.
Although the swap with Farrar was a masterstroke, in hindsight.
Bani went downhill fast after he moved north.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8