The weakness of the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Never fails to astound me.
Watching 360 and they were talking about the Inglis salary cap situation and Kent revealed that tomorrow there will be a meeting between the NRL and the 16 CEO's.
The Inglis subject will be brought up in the hope of a solution.
Now it might be that the clubs, as they mentioned are obviously looking at it, but the inference, the way I heard it was that the NRL can't make a decision and will see what transpires from the consensus of the meeting.
Are we at the point where the CEO's are now making the decisions?
Everyone knows just a few pull the NRL's chain but now they are just incapable of making a strong decision because Richo is "tight" with some.
Arko and Quayle were the last decent administrators this game has had and that's a long time ago.
To Kent's credit he did try to put our case with Snake and Skivvie.
Sack these pr*cks...

Here's another one that happened today.

Kasey Badger and Belinda Sleeman were appointed as full time referees. Cool, good luck to them. Well done.

However.....

Now we at least know why Sleeman wasn't dropped (or demoted) for her part in that fiasco up in Townsville a few weeks back where Nene Macdonald broke his ankle. She was the touch judge in that game who ignored everyone around her trying to tell her about the injury and the game needed to be stopped.

It wouldn't have been a good look to have to demote her to NSW Cup for not doing her job properly if they were planning on promoting her to full time just a month later.

Last edited:
Never fails to astound me.
Watching 360 and they were talking about the Inglis salary cap situation and Kent revealed that tomorrow there will be a meeting between the NRL and the 16 CEO's.
The Inglis subject will be brought up in the hope of a solution.
Now it might be that the clubs, as they mentioned are obviously looking at it, but the inference, the way I heard it was that the NRL can't make a decision and will see what transpires from the consensus of the meeting.
Are we at the point where the CEO's are now making the decisions?
Everyone knows just a few pull the NRL's chain but now they are just incapable of making a strong decision because Richo is "tight" with some.
Arko and Quayle were the last decent administrators this game has had and that's a long time ago.
To Kent's credit he did try to put our case with Snake and Skivvie.
Sack these pr*cks...
Yeah Kent was arguing quite strongly I thought around the snake skivvy similarities. That knob Hooper kept trying to say how different the circumstances were, but when pressed on it could not come up with a sound argument. Imo they are no different. GI would not have given it away without the guarantee of $$$. Kent to Hooper “move on you’re boring me now” or words to that effect as Hooper kept trying to argue the toss. On a side note, is there a bigger tosser of a journo than Hooper? Can’t stand him. He reeks of privileged, spoilt brat.

Yeah Kent was arguing quite strongly I thought around the snake skivvy similarities. That knob Hooper kept trying to say how different the circumstances were, but when pressed on it could not come up with a sound argument. Imo they are no different. GI would not have given it away without the guarantee of $$$. Kent to Hooper “move on you’re boring me now” or words to that effect as Hooper kept trying to argue the toss. On a side note, is there a bigger tosser of a journo than Hooper? Can’t stand him. He reeks of privileged, spoilt brat.
Kent could have brought up Wallace at the Riff as well.

He had to stop playing, not allowed Cap exemption even though Wallace moved into the coaching department half way through the season.:cool:

Hooper just relays the NRL talking points :mad:

I was interested to hear from Kent that when Manly were denied the medical retirement of both Brett & Steve, they then said that they would place them in jobs at Manly to free up the cap space. Of course the NRL denied this request..... It's the 1st time I've heard that version, all that has been said is that Manly were denied the medical retirement of them both.

It is the biggest weakness of the NRL, the complete lack of consistency across the clubs and the competition.

You could name a 100 instances where 1 player is hung out to dry, and another is praised....or a blind eye is turned. That goes for administrators/to journalists.

For example:

1. What was brought up above about the Snake/Skivvi situation compared to Inglis.
2. Jamie Lyon being slammed for arguing or talking to refs, whereas Cameron Smith is lauded for his 'game management with referees'
3. Jamie Lyon again, whereas Jonathan Thurston abusing refs and linesmen (which Jamie never did) is seen as 'passionate'.
4. Addin Fanou Blake getting slammed for engaging with Knights fans as he was sinbinned, Michael Ennis (the person lambasting him), taunting Raiders fans with the Viking Clap.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

Turds mouthpiece

Last edited:
Turds mouthpiece
What was clear last night, was that he is a paid for NRL advocate, in that he was watering down all of the anti NRL sentiment "a couple of people may have some issues with this" and beefing up the pro-NRL sentiment "many people think that Inglis should be able to retire as he has done such a great service to the game".

My reading of the upcoming meeting with CEOs will be that 15 people will have a MAJOR issue with it, and one person will be happy with the proposal . . . . .

What was clear last night, was that he is a paid for NRL advocate, in that he was watering down all of the anti NRL sentiment "a couple of people may have some issues with this" and beefing up the pro-NRL sentiment "many people think that Inglis should be able to retire as he has done such a great service to the game".

My reading of the upcoming meeting with CEOs will be that 15 people will have a MAJOR issue with it, and one person will be happy with the proposal . . . . .
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Drizzle CEO was supportive of the Ingliss scam .... of course he is as it could then be applied to Scam

The NRL are just looking to dodge the blame for saying no the GI situation and deflect it all onto the clubs through their CEO's decisions.

Yet another PR stunt to make themselves look good as they're too gutless to make the decision and wear the consequences.

I'm sure it will leak out how each CEO voted just to deflect more blame away from the NRL.

IMO any leader that suggests that consistency is overrated just wants to do whatever he wants whenever it suits him or her. IMO an organisation that operates on that basis is incapable of delivering just and equitable outcomes. The emperor will always favor those with power so as to protect himself and IMO that's exactly whats been happening and is happening now. The meeting with the CEO's is a way in which the NRL seek to deflect attention from their preferential treatment of GI and Souths. IMO Its politics and a process by which a rule that has been arbitrarily enforced against others previously is sought to be erroneously changed by manipulation and subversion. IMO if they manipulate or coerce the majority of CEO's then they will say the clubs have endorsed this inconsistent and unfair ruling. IMO people that try to fool us into believing there are meaningful distinguishing factors between GI's case and the cases of Wallace, Stewart and Matai are ingenious. I hope the CEO's don't cave in and stand against this nonsense.

Here's another one that happened today.

Kasey Badger and Belinda Sleeman were appointed as full time referees. Cool, good luck to them. Well done.

However.....

Now we at least know why Sleeman wasn't dropped (or demoted) for her part in that fiasco up in Townsville a few weeks back where Nene Macdonald broke his ankle. She was the touch judge in that game who ignored everyone around her trying to tell her about the injury and the game needed to be stopped.

It wouldn't have been a good look to have to demote her to NSW Cup for not doing her job properly if they were planning on promoting her to full time just a month later.
Everyone knows that these are politically correct appointments.
Kasey Badger obviously as good as she's reported to be doesn't know the age old rule that a player is allowed to place his foot on the touchline when getting up to play the ball, she immediately put her flag up and Sharks score a try in the subsequent six tackles.
If either of these women have the ability and are appointed to ever be the lead referee, then I'll believe it wasn't a political correct decision, however if they just remain as pocket referees then you'll know that it was

Last edited:
Karen Badger obviously as good as she's reported to be doesn't know the age old rule that a player is allowed to place his foot on the touchline when getting up to play the ball, she immediately put her flag up and Sharks score a try in the subsequent six tackles.
If either of these women have the ability and are appointed to ever be the lead referee, then I'll believe it wasn't a political correct decision, however if they just remain as pocket referees then you'll know that it was

I have no problem ... as long as we are able to judge their performance the same as the men .. and they cop criticism exactly the same as the male refs .....

If they cop a mouthfull and then play the sexist card .. then .....

Hooper despises our existence. I have never seen him be fair to our club, another News Filth dick head!!

Karen Badger obviously as good as she's reported to be doesn't know the age old rule that a player is allowed to place his foot on the touchline when getting up to play the ball, she immediately put her flag up and Sharks score a try in the subsequent six tackles.

Especially in Sleeman's case with the Townsville fiasco, I think the reason the NRL has failed to drop or demote the female refs after making bad mistakes (while their male counterparts are being dropped or demoted left, right and centre) is because they are so $hit scared of a female media and fan backlash.

The NRL and their television broadcasters Nine and Fox have put a lot of money and effort into promoting women in league by having female commentators, rugby league television show hosts and even giving the women their own league to play in. And to have to drop one or both of the female touch judges currently in the NRL for not doing their jobs properly would be a public relations disaster. Hence they, the female refs Badger and Sleeman, have actually been promoted and are getting away with making bad mistakes right now.

Its 100% politically correct appointments as you said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10