the twenty teens

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Time flies when you're having fun, but any way you look at it, a decade is a long time .. and another one is just about to come to an end!
Awards for this decade? We've already got a thread for our Manly team of the decade - Manly Team of the Decade
Thinking more of sport in general, even world-wide. Or even non-sporting awards, as this thread may have a short shelf-life (in this forum anyway)
Off the top of my head I can't recall much progress around the world in the past 10 years, may be a case of one step forward and two back? Felt that way at Manly, what with the Barrett years and other stuff. But we still won our mandatory premiership this decade.
Anyway my first thought for a nomination is not even from league, it's Adam Goodes. (please note - I specifically don't intend this thread for political debates (!!!) simply for putting a few names forward)
So if there is someone from the world of sport, or not even from sport, just from the world, that you think is worthy of mention for this decade, i'd love to hear your nominations

Marcel Hirscher (born 2 March 1989) is an Austrian former World Cup alpine ski racer.
Hirscher made his World Cup debut in March 2007. He competed primarily in slalom and giant slalom, as well as combined and occasionally in super G.

Winner of a record eight consecutive World Cup titles, Hirscher has also won 11 medals at the Alpine Skiing World Championships, seven of them gold, a silver medal in slalom at the 2014 Winter Olympics, and two gold medals in the combined and giant slalom at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Due to his record number of overall titles, many years of extreme dominance of both slalom and giant slalom and of the men's overall ranking, he is considered by many, including his former rivals Henrik Kristoffersen, Kjetil Jansrud and Alexis Pinturault, to be the best alpine skier in history.

ge- This guy was a machine and looked liked he skied on rails. One time he almost got nailed by a drone that had lost power and crashed on the course while he was racing. There's footage of it. He's a decent guy as well. (Just retired).

Mikaela Pauline Shiffrin (born March 13, 1995) is an American two-time Olympic gold medalist and World Cup alpine skier. She is the current three-time reigning Overall World Cup champion, the four-time reigning world champion in slalom, and a six-time winner of the World Cup discipline title in that event.

Shiffrin is the youngest slalom champion in Olympic alpine skiing history, at 18 years and 345 days.

She is also the first and only athlete—male or female—with wins in all six FIS Alpine Ski World Cup disciplines. She has won World Cup races in ladies' slalom, parallel slalom, giant slalom, super-G, downhill, and alpine combined.

She is the youngest skier—male or female—to win 50 World Cup races at the age of 23 years and 9 months.

She has won 64 World Cup races, the 2nd most all time by a female alpine skier
, including 43 WC slalom races, the most won by any alpine skier, male or female.

She is the only female athlete to have won 15 races in the same calendar year, winning the last slalom of the 2018 season in Semmering and equalling the men's record holder Marcel Hirscher.

In the 2019 season she became the first athlete, male or female, to win 17 World Cup races during a season, breaking the record of 14 wins that Vreni Schneider had held for 30 years.

By winning the Gold in the Slalom at the 2019 World Championships, she became the first Alpine skier to win the world championship in the same discipline at four consecutive championships.

ge - If she remains uninjured, she will fly past Vonn's record and by the time she retires she should have the most wins by any skier, male of female. She is amazing and really nice as well.

Hockey -

Sidney Crosby remains the best hockey player around even if his brain is almost soup. Conner McDavid will comfortably sit on Sidney's throne as he continues to amaze the hockey world even though he's playing for the Edmonton Oilers, and Alex Ovechkin remains, I think, the best pure goal scorer in the history of the NHL. The guy is simply brilliant.

Simone Biles
Serena Williams

I kept my 'nominations' from the world of sport - as I think most others will too.

Thank you and good morning.

Last edited:
So long as Manly make at least one Grand Final and win at least one between 2020 and 2029, I'll be happy because then our records of doing that every decade since the 50s and 70s respectively remain intact.

Would definitely be a lot happier with more than one though ... more than one premiership win that is.

As fans of this club we tend to hang our hats on a few things. The GF appearances and premiership wins each decade, the fact that we won the last GF played at the SCG, and not to mention the fact that we almost always do better when we have one of our own coaching the side. We're all immensely proud of these facts and they are records we don't want to change (which is why I am hoping like hell that at the very least we win the 2021 GF because it'll be the (again) last at the SCG).

Ash Barty, ok at Tennis gave it up to play Big Bash Cricket , took up Tennis again and now the Number 1 in the world and the first Aussie female in about 30-40 years.

Bloody fair effort IMO.

For the decade given it's why we are all here best sea eagle hard to go past snake notable mention Dce and Killer.

The Fed.
As an athlete his longevity is pretty much unsurpassed ( and he remains competitive still ranked #3 ) ...then there’s his off court stuff...

In rugby league, hate to say it but C Smith is the standout for the decade.
Bit like S Smith in cricket, the numbers alone put them in the frame, certain scandals notwithstanding.

Everyone involved with the Mars rovers, spirit and opportunity. Launched in the 'naughties' but both survived well past their 90 day mission length. Opportunity lasting almost 15 years. (My name is up there on one of them as well - +10 cool points me)

In the same vein... all those involved in the New Horizons mission getting a hunk of metal all the way to pluto and beyond.

I thought I should throw some non sporty achievements in here. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

May the rains leave Spain and fall roughly on your plains and get those fires out.

LeBron James probably the standout for me across all sports. Amazing athlete that is still dominating the game at 35

In the cricket world what Virat Kohli does across all formats is unbelievable

I’ll give Justin Verlander from the baseball a mention too, what he does on the park is very, very good, but what he managed to do off the park in securing Kate Upton is one of the biggest punching aboves of all time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4