The Trolley Problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will you save?

• 1 Baby

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • 5 senior citizens

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Red Baron

Still waiting for Manly to win 80-0
There is a run away trolley coming towards a fork on the tracks. On one side, you have 5 senior citizens tied to the track. On the other side, you have 1 new born baby tied to the track. There is not enough time to stop the trolley. You rush to the lever to determine who lives and who dies. Who will you save?

There is a run away trolley coming towards a fork on the tracks. On one side, you have 5 senior citizens tied to the track. On the other side, you have 1 new born baby tied to the track. There is not enough time to stop the trolley. You rush to the lever to determine who lives and who dies. Who will you save?
Ah the old management decision making question!

BTW … it’s not a “trolley” it’s a “ train”

Just sayin’

Here's an interesting one ... you and two others, Bill and Bob, are each given a gun with one bullet .. you are placed in a triangular pattern for a duel, ... everybody only gets the one shot.

you hit what you are shooting at 60% of the time, Bill hits what he is aiming at 95% of the time, and Bob hits what he is aiming at 75% of the time ..

You draw lots and you win and will shoot first, then Bill then Bob.

Q) Who do you fire at?

Here's an interesting one ... you and two others, Bill and Bob, are each given a gun with one bullet .. you are placed in a triangular pattern for a duel, ... everybody only gets the one shot.

you hit what you are shooting at 60% of the time, Bill hits what he is aiming at 95% of the time, and Bob hits what he is aiming at 75% of the time ..

Q) Who do you fire at?
The parramatta supporter!

Just sayin’

Q) Who do you fire at?
Bill

Q) Who do you fire at?
No-one. You discharge your fire arm away from the others in an attempt to remove yourself from the equation. It will force Bill to aim for Bob because Bob has the last bullet and if he isn’t alive to fire it, game over. If Bill misses, Bob will use his bullet to retaliate against Bill.

No-one. You discharge your fire arm away from the others in an attempt to remove yourself from the equation. It will force Bill to aim for Bob because Bob has the last bullet and if he isn’t alive to fire it, game over. If Bill misses, Bob will use his bullet to retaliate against Bill.
But what if Bill and Bob have made a side bet. That being that if I decide to not discharge my weapon and don’t want to play, Bill and Bob both shoot me in the head, making sure I’m completely fuucked.

But what if Bill and Bob have made a side bet. That being that if I decide to not discharge my weapon and don’t want to play, Bill and Bob both shoot me in the head, making sure I’m completely fuucked.
The main aim is to think how you might materially alter the game conditions so that the odds could fall in your favour. If they’ve made the side bet, then your chances are not much worse than if everyone is playing for themselves and you take a shot at whoever. So to dramatically improve your chances, your greatest payoff is to do something ‘out of the box’ - in this context, making a three way shoot out effectively a two way shootout that doesn’t involve you. It might not work, but you are better off trying something to alter the game conditions than taking the gamble that one of the others will miss if they shoot at you.

To bring this back to sport, not that we have to, but thinking about this reminded me of the “pull the goalie” theory in ice hockey.

You could always shoot yourself in the head! Then bill and bob can’t win!
Just sayin’

5 boomers or a baby? How's this remotely difficult? The kid isn't old enough to vote for the world destroying **** boomers love which is like them changing the channel before going to bed in a couple minutes

This isn't even a choice, they've lived already and the kid hasn't

5 boomers or a baby? How's this remotely difficult? The kid isn't old enough to vote for the world destroying **** boomers love which is like them changing the channel before going to bed in a couple minutes

This isn't even a choice, they've lived already and the kid hasn't
I guess you aren’t a boomer!!

Just sayin’

Q) Who do you fire at?
In this world there are two types of people, those with loaded guns and those that dig...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4