The Top 8 / Wooden Spoon, your choice VOTE NOW!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well here it is , my annual pick the top 8 thread , and this year I’m adding the Wooden Spooner.

No prize for winning , just bragging rights.

No need to enter right now , but you can, and you can edit your result up to Round 1 kick off on Thursday 2nd March at which point this will be locked down for the season.

Who will get closest ??

Who will pick Manly for the 8 ??

Who will pick the Spooner??

VOTE NOW

But you can change your choices up to kick off round 1.

Panthers
Roosters
Cowboys
Storm
Eels
Rabbits
Sharks
Manly.

Dragoons
Dolphins (STONE MOTHERLESS.)

Last edited:
Premiers .... Rorters
Minor Premiers ... Penrith

Penrith
Easts
Cowboys
Manly
Eels
Souff's
Storm
West Tigers

Wooden spoon ... St. George.

My top 8
Penrith
Manly
Roosters
South’s
Parramatta
Cronulla
Melbourne
Broncos

Dolphins to get spoon
I dropped Canberra after the trial game and decided the Broncos maybe a better choice

Last edited:
Panthers
Easts
Eels
Souths
Sharks
Cowboys
Broncos
Manly

Spoon St Merge

Not sure on Premiers but I doubt the Choccy Soldiers can go 3 in a row , they’ve lost 3 really good players and whilst they loaded with talent those 3 will be hard to instantly replace.

GF Rorters v Panthers

Premiers Rorters

Storm to miss the 8 ( a brave call ).

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how many of us have Manly on the top 8, and by that I don’t just mean blindly putting them there.

Pre the trial games I had is about 9-10

Post trial I think 7-8

Yeah I know a trial is a trial BUT we were playing a pretty star studded Rorters side , many think will be Premiers , and we were without our 1/7/9.

AND

Walloped them!!

Think the Storm will be battling to make the 8 tbh, have lost a lot of fire power in the forwards. And still have players recovering from last season. Also, Pappy not looking good, and think he'll be out for a lot longer going on the injury he has.

Roosters
Souths
Panthers
Cowboys
Sharks
Manly
Eels
Dogs

I honestly do not know where to place the Storm. The Bromwich brothers, Cheese and The Elbow got them out of a lot of tight situations so they will be seriously missed. And Paps (one of my favourite non-Manly players) is unknown in how he will return.

The Spoon will be St George I reckon. They should have boned Griffin in the off-season.

Panthers
Roosters
Rabbits
Cowboys
Sharks
Storm
Tigers
Broncos

Dolphins for Spoon.

Keen to watch Titans - if Foz plays 20 games they might make the 8

Status
Not open for further replies.