The Top 8 / Wooden Spoon, your choice VOTE NOW!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark from Brisbane .. so far 12 teams have been tipped to make the top 8 ... that is a lot of contenders ....
Yep , the talent has been spread a little more this year, it’ll be a battle to make the 8.

I’ve tipped the Storm to drop out ( very brave ).

And I think the Panthers will still go very well BUT they are more brittle than they’ve been.

I'll delay my predictions a bit longer, but I was impressed with the Sharks. I watched a replay of their trial, mostly as I wanted to see how our Round 1 opponents were looking. Dogs started OK but the Sharks wore them down, they are relentless. Hynes is the key man for them, if he stays healthy they will win a lot of games.

I'll delay my predictions a bit longer, but I was impressed with the Sharks. I watched a replay of their trial, mostly as I wanted to see how our Round 1 opponents were looking. Dogs started OK but the Sharks wore them down, they are relentless. Hynes is the key man for them, if he stays healthy they will win a lot of games.
They could well be the very big improver this year.

If you did a poll of NRL fans, and the question being who would be you're surprise/mystery team to make the top 4 for the coming season. Think you would find that most would vote for Manly to be that team.

Panthers
Roosters
Souths
Eels
Storm
Sharks
Cowboys
Broncos

GF = Panthers v Roosters

Premiers = Panthers

Sea Eagles = 10th

Fabbits
Uglyfish
Boycows
Panfers
Troopers
Seagles - superjets has to play a majority of the year - other they are lost and will run 9th
Slime
Tits
Bongrows
Dawgs
Froosters
Worriers
Faiders
StMerge
Tigs
Drugcastle
Prettyfish

Best - Fabbits
Surprise packet - Tits, and troopers considering who they have lost
Disappointments - Panfers (relative to 2022), Froosters, slime (relative to 2022)
Spoon - pretty fish (because MILF walks after he puts up bombs, and the Brownwiches and Felisemakufi only went there only for retirement funding).

My take, good luck all

NYEagle

Roosters
Panthers
Sharks
Rabbits
Cowboys
Storm
Eels
Sea Eagles

Spoon: Dragons

Think this year will be surprising. Roosters & Panthers will have off field issues and injuries. Roosters will struggle with injuries particularly around concussion, they will struggle with in fighting.

Overall the teams who become injury free will be more consistent so I'm looking to teams who have had their seasons wrecked in the past.

First 4: In no particular order: Eels / Sharks / Souths / Manly
Next 4: Panthers / Roosters/ Cowboys / Storm

Agree Dolphins will most likely have the spoon despite other teams pushing for the honor.

I think really there’s a universally agreed probable top 8, with positions 7/8 up for grabs from most sides, meaning a couple from last year might drop out and a couple from last year sneaking in.

As we know it’s pretty much all about the top 4 as it’s “ almost “ impossible to win from positions 5-8.

Seems as though St Merge / the Phins will be fighting it out for 17th.

I’m just hoping our stars stay fit and we can push up from that 10th / 11th into 7th /8th , they tasted finals in 2021 and I’m sure they’ll want to again.

I’m still of the opinion we are a damaging prop away from being top 4.

Yeah I think the Sharks and Roosters are my standouts - leaving Parra out entirely was harsh but I had to shoehorn us in somehow.
I’ve left out the Drizzle , a giant gamble.

But I just see them on the slide.

And others on the improve.

I’m sure I’ll be wrong but it’s just a bit of fun.

Last edited:
I’ve left out the Drizzle , a giant gamble.

But I just see them in the slide.

And others on the improve.

I’m sure I’ll be wrong but it’s just a bit of fun.
Very valid points Mark and I'm on the same train.
Storm are really basing their game around that spine to compete as Top 8 with a Top 4 doubtful ....and another injury like Pap copped in 2022 to any of the 6, 7 or 9 and I reckon you are absolutely spot on.

Very valid points Mark and I'm on the same train.
Storm are really basing their game around that spine to compete as Top 8 with a Top 4 doubtful ....and another injury like Pap copped in 2022 to any of the 6, 7 or 9 and I reckon you are absolutely spot on.
They still have some good players but they aren’t far away from having issues if they lose their top couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4