The TOOVEY Camp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My criticism of 2V is that you don't keep picking losing teams and hope for an improvement; you have to be proactive.
Bob Fulton used to speak of the need to have the right cattle. Bringing up youngsters or reserve graders simply for the sake of change amounts to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It isn't going to right the sinking ship.

Despite the Chicken Littles here (aka Chicken Licken) we aren't as far off as it may seem with our performance. While he remains coach, I am happy to back Toovey's strategy, whether that be stability for combinations or tweaking the bench or whatever.

I'm one of them, I'm proud to admit. How are we travelling by picking the same bunch of players? Let's take Tom Turbo for example. Had he been on the wing instead of Tafua we probably wouldn't have been behind by 12-0 after a few minutes.
Now for Hodges, who is the closest forward we have to Segiario (sic), and those other sharp halfbacks that other teams inject into a match when the opposition forwards are tiring. Are you going to tell me he wouldn't be more effective than one of the many plodding front rowers we've selected on our bench this season? I can name about five of them who wouldn't make any other first grade side!
My criticism of 2V is that you don't keep picking losing teams and hope for an improvement; you have to be proactive.

Between Tom T and Hodges they have played 5 won 1 game. Hodges explosive dummy half running was 2 runs for 9m in that win.

So as I said do you seriously think those 2 would have changed the result on Friday?

Between Tom T and Hodges they have played 5 won 1 game. Hodges explosive dummy half running was 2 runs for 9m in that win.

So as I said do you seriously think those 2 would have changed the result on Friday?

Agreed about those two not being enough to make a real difference.

Even if we brought the score to 20-16 midway through the 2nd half, I'm convinced that the Broncos still would have run away with the contest.

FWIW, the Broncos beat us by a similar score and around the same time of year last season. Except this time around, we weren't hanging the top of the ladder and the Broncos are.

Put simply, we didn't turn up for the third time this year (Eels and Raiders match being the others) and the Broncos are a premiership favourite who are on fire.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
I must admit that I'll back Tooves to the HILT.... But I feel he's misused our bench in both player and time allocation for.....ever.

There's 17 men available and so many interchanges, why are we running around with players obviously flagging or just doing farken NOTHING "I'm looking at you Mase" get them yet FARK OFF and get someone on who'll have a go.

Rugby League is still a dynamic sport, not a game of robots, and understanding and reacting to the ebb and flow of the game is bloody important in every game. Following a game plan that's clearly NOT working is insanity.

Point 1
Please don't be confused that how the team is going has any thing to do with 2v being outed as coach. I said it and so did others that Zorba and his Family (PENN) have wanted 2v out since the day they got control. Zorba has pushed along the rift between Cherry and snake that has got 2vs in the middle as he would not listen to them. They wanted him out (2v) before we kicked a ball this year.
Point 2 . Kelly and Penn have said that we are performance based business, then on that we hear that the place will post over 1.5 mil loss and no new major sponsor for next year. Where is Kelly replacement being reported. Kelly had very little to with Cherrys new deal. He listened to Zorba to pull the offer on him. Its Bozo who has fixed that mess.
Are we not sponsored by Kyocera next year???? I believe they were announced earlier this year. Of course we are going to have a loss this year in revenue. We are not winning football games. When we start winning the fans will be back and we will start making money again, albeit a small amount. I said months ago that Joe Kelly won't want to be the CEO who loses the best halves pairing in the league, and he hasn't (he did try bloody hard though). He has signed three of our young outstanding talents and an international forward. Not to mention re-sign Ballin and Matai. Personally I think he is doing a pretty good job. Slower than I would like but they are shoring up the future. Judge him after 12 months or so. Toov's is struggling with ideas I think. Yes we have had plenty of injuries but the side has managed to get up for Melbourne twice, Newcastle and had a fair crack at the cowboys. We have failed to appear against probably only Parra, Broncos and Canberra. I think we have put in against most other opposition

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce a two-year renewal and upgrade of Corporate Partner, Kyocera Document Solutions. The deal sees one of the world’s leading document solutions companies renew their shorts partnership for the 2015 season, before increasing their support to appear on the jersey in 2016.
Kyocera is very excited about the extended partnership that will see their company continue to align with the eight-time premiers and is a real boost for the Club leading into the 2015 season.
Mark Vella, Director of Sales and Marketing, Kyocera Document Solutions Australia said, “Being associated with such a strong team and sporting brand has really lifted our profile here and in New Zealand. We’re delighted to be building on our relationship with the Sea Eagles into 2015 and beyond. “
After coming on board mid-way through the 2014 season, the extension with Kyocera Document Solutions is unquestionably positive for the Club.
The Japanese founded multi-national pinpointed the Club's strong commercial focus to deliver value back to its Corporate Partners was a key factor to extending their partnership for the next two seasons.
Joe Kelly, CEO of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, said seeing Kyocera Document Solutions extend and upgrade their partnership is wonderful news for both organisations.
“Having one of our existing senior Corporate Partners committing to extend its relationship with our Club at a higher level, just before the start of a new season, is sensational news for us,” Mr Kelly said.
“We will continue to work very closely with Kyocera Document Solutions to ensure both organisations maximise this wonderful partnership for the mutual benefit of both businesses.”
“We hope this announcement represents the beginning of a much longer term relationship with Kyocera Document Solutions.”

Hi guys, new to this forum, but have been looking in it for ages. I love tooves as much as anyone my thoughts on this are as follows, after dessie left manly we needed a club legend to fill in as head coach and tooves was the right person for the job and had done an outstanding job but i feel that is were it finishes for him and we need someone new to take us back to the top, not sure who that should be but i feel tooves has done everything he can for our mighty club.

Bob Fulton used to speak of the need to have the right cattle. Bringing up youngsters or reserve graders simply for the sake of change amounts to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It isn't going to right the sinking ship.

Despite the Chicken Littles here (aka Chicken Licken) we aren't as far off as it may seem with our performance. While he remains coach, I am happy to back Toovey's strategy, whether that be stability for combinations or tweaking the bench or whatever.
Where be Chicken Licken'?
Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Thursday at 10:08 AM.

Previous ThreadNext Thread
Watch Thread
Go to First Unread

1. MatabeleWell-Known Member
    Likes Given:
    So Bogans. Is the sky still falling in? Is Penn completely incompetent still? Is the future of the club ruined? Are we consigned to a decade of wooden spoons yet? Is DCE the modern incarnation of Judas? Do we remain embarrassed because we're losing talent to inferior clubs? Do we still think we've lost a superstar in Foran's scarred hamstrings? Bla bla bla
  2. YOUR EGO NEEDS AN ALTER EGO ?

lol the only thing we are not far off is our first spoon. I'm glad your backing Toovey's strategy I'm also glad people within the club aren't listening to you.

For all the great things toovey has done he will always be remembered as the coach who got us our first spoon. If he had any love for the club he would resign and let a fresh voice try to spark our season.

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce a two-year renewal and upgrade of Corporate Partner, Kyocera Document Solutions. The deal sees one of the world’s leading document solutions companies renew their shorts partnership for the 2015 season, before increasing their support to appear on the jersey in 2016.
Kyocera is very excited about the extended partnership that will see their company continue to align with the eight-time premiers and is a real boost for the Club leading into the 2015 season.
Mark Vella, Director of Sales and Marketing, Kyocera Document Solutions Australia said, “Being associated with such a strong team and sporting brand has really lifted our profile here and in New Zealand. We’re delighted to be building on our relationship with the Sea Eagles into 2015 and beyond. “
After coming on board mid-way through the 2014 season, the extension with Kyocera Document Solutions is unquestionably positive for the Club.
The Japanese founded multi-national pinpointed the Club's strong commercial focus to deliver value back to its Corporate Partners was a key factor to extending their partnership for the next two seasons.
Joe Kelly, CEO of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, said seeing Kyocera Document Solutions extend and upgrade their partnership is wonderful news for both organisations.
“Having one of our existing senior Corporate Partners committing to extend its relationship with our Club at a higher level, just before the start of a new season, is sensational news for us,” Mr Kelly said.
“We will continue to work very closely with Kyocera Document Solutions to ensure both organisations maximise this wonderful partnership for the mutual benefit of both businesses.”
“We hope this announcement represents the beginning of a much longer term relationship with Kyocera Document Solutions.”

Mate they are shorts sponsor. They pay about 300 grand a year. The major sponsor pays 1mil pluss.
we will need 3 or 4 of them.
Plus, David Perry got them on board last year. He did the hard work in getting them in the first place.

Last edited:
For 300 a year I think ST should have a crack, much cheaper than SAO sposorship which was a few grand a year

Mate they are shorts sponsor. They pay about 300 grand a year. The major sponsor pays 1mil pluss.
we will need 3 or 4 of them.
Plus, David Perry got them on board last year. He did the hard work in getting them in the first place.
It says In the article they have increased to the jersey for 2016. Maybe just a sleeve sponsor but I'm not sure

The troll rating has received a real workout in this thread. Given to various people who are just expressing their views, and who clearly aren't trolls.

To me, this practice only makes the person giving troll ratings look like a real troll.

Unfortunately, 2V's coaching has tactical gaps in it wide enough to drive a cement truck through. And Bozo probably will. Once that is done, MMWSE's win ratio will rise with a fresh start, new ideas, change of approach.
Don't misunderstand me, Toovey is one loyal passionate Manly man. Always was, always will be. But you need more than simply that to be a successful 1st grade NRL coach these days.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2