The team that should be selected for rd 1 and why

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Right now and based on how got decent or starting runs at Leichhardt on Sunday plus the comments from Des after, it kinda looks like this is how we might go.....

FB - Harper (Funa)
WG - Saab
CE - Walker
CE - Suli
WG - Garrick (g/k)
FE - Foran
HB - Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Paseka
HK - Cust
PR - Taupau
SR - Gosiewski
SR - Sironen
LK - J. Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Schuster, Boyle, Aloiai, Davey

I think Boyle getting the start with Keppie coming on later might mean that Morgan is going to get a first team crack first. Schuster definitely deserves a go, but I get the feeling that it depends on whether or not Croker is passed fit. And I think Des was impressed enough with Harper's efforts to give him first crack at fullback while Tom has his bathroom re-tiled to look like the Corso.

I guess we should be thankful that neither Jake or Ben hurt themselves in that bathroom. Seems like a slippery place.

Last edited:
1.Harper..... Safe as the Bank of New Zealand
2.Saab .......The unknown has to be better than those who played in the trials
3.Walker...... Explosive
4.Suli...........Powerful
5.Garrick ........Hanging in there by his Goal kicking
6.Schuster........He is Six on Fire !
7.Dce..............Our Inspirational Maroon leader Manly and QLD
8.Aloaia.........He came to us on a mission and plays with one
9.Cust.........Does not have much competition but has plenty of potential
10.Kapow....... He is big and intimidating and should be more dominating
11.Olokatau........ Every fan wants him in the side for good reason . By popular demand
12.Jetski ....... He has put on a bit of size to add on to his Aggression
13.Jake..........He is an all out player but has become a predictable one out player

14.Paseka......Size matters but he has to learn how to use it more often
15. Foran..........Experience
16.Davey....... Late Bloomer and a Ball breaker
17.Saddler.......Vehemence

Please God No more Injuries

Tuipulotu had a poor game on the weekend, I don't think he is ready.

Also I don't think Keppie played very well. Sipley and Fainu did a little better than him.
He had a poor game but he was stuck with siro/suli/weekes who were leaving gaps all over the place (particularly siro/weekes). Didn’t really get a good chance to show anything in attack or defence.

He has potential though and I want to give him the reigns early and throw him into first grade. Physically, he is ready.

I agree with Keppie, he was a huge disappointment last year unfortunately. I wouldn’t be annoyed if he started 2021 in reserve grade. I now really want Saddler to get a spot

Des can pick any combination out what we have but I'm afraid the results will be the same. It's just more of the same from last year I can't see this squad getting out of bottom 4 compared to at least 13 other teams. Only Dogs, Broncos maybe the Goons look weaker than us.

Give the young guys a shot on the wings...they are not the difference between losing to or beating the good sides we play first few rounds judging by the way the rest of the team played on the weekend. I wouldn't start Suli, Sirro and Walker get's a straight shot into FG based on what...his salary? I would start Parker and Funa in the centres and Saab and Tippy toes on the wings and Harper at FB.
I am expecting a carbon copy of last year's junk performances.

Last edited:
The forwards are the problem. So I'd go with
8. Paseka
9.Jake
10 Kapow
11 Guac
12 Jet ski
13 Davey
All a bit more mobile for the new rules
14 Foz/ Croker
15 Aloai
16 Keppie
17 Ben Turbo
More energy needed off the bench.

and agreed - I thought he was a shoe in for the team - arghhhhh
I'm really pissed at Hasler for overlooking Guacamole, in his one appearance he was M.O.M. but for some reason Hasler refuses to give him a run, he'll ask for a release on compassionate grounds and tear us apart playing for another outfit, sadly I'm beginning to see the Hasler experiment as a bit of a failure, I had hoped for better but it seems if you're in then form means nothing but if you're not then Blacktown's the best you can hope for

Who I suspect Des will pick

1.Harper
2.Garrick
3.Suli
4.Walker
5.Saab
6.Foran
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Croker
10.Taupau
11.Gosiewski
12.Sirronen
13.Trbojevic

14.Schuster (Foran to shift to hooker to spell Croker)
15.Davey
16.Keppie
17.Aloai

Personally I'd start Davey....and try to bring Olakua'atu in somewhere.

I'd be telling Garrick, Sirro, SuliCroker and Keppie that they have players breathing down their necks
I nearly pick Sipley over Keppie he regressed alot

There's not much point in me selecting a 17, as it will likely be much different from the team that is actually selected. Thus, I will attempt to predict the 21 man squad Des will announce on 9th March (assuming there are no further injuries). Will he stick with all the players from the non performing 2020 team or will he drop some of them? Names in bold should be certainties, but you never know with Des.
  1. Aloiai
  2. Boyle
  3. Cherry-Evans
  4. Croker
  5. Cust
  6. Davey
  7. Foran
  8. Funa
  9. Garrick
  10. Gosiewski
  11. Harper
  12. Keppie
  13. Parker
  14. Paseka
  15. Saab
  16. Schuster
  17. Sironen
  18. Suli
  19. Taupau
  20. Trbojevic, Jake
  21. Walker
I think next in line would be Sipley, Ben Trbojevic & Sione Fainu.

Snake has revealed that Haumole is injured & unavailable for round one You want "Guac" with that?

Last edited:
After the trial id like to see.

1. Funa
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Marty
11. Jetski
12. Davey
13. Jake

14. Schuster
15. Keppie
16. Aloiai
17. Sironen

Davey impressed and should take siros spot. Dont know about this whole hooker situation. Maybe Foran will goto hooker for Schuster. Maybe Des will leave cust on the bench.

Ve
After the trial id like to see.

1. Funa
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Marty
11. Jetski
12. Davey
13. Jake

14. Schuster
15. Keppie
16. Aloiai
17. Sironen

Davey impressed and should take siros spot. Dont know about this whole hooker situation. Maybe Foran will goto hooker for Schuster. Maybe Des will leave cust on the bench.
I like the squad Biff, but Garrick is a no for me. Very ordinary last season and he should have to earn his spot.

1 Harper
2 Saab
3 Suli
4 Walker
5 Funa (gk)
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Marty
11 Schuster
12 Jetski
13 Jake
14 Cust
15 Sironen
16 Aloiai
17 Davey
18 Parker
19 Garrick
20 Boyle
21 Keppie

Funa to left wing spot over Garrick but its close

Foran to get the 6 but only to have all 3 halves playing at once.

Put Schuster in the back row, he can defend on the left edge and be given some freedom to roam in attack, do what Jake was doing last year or run off Foran on the left.

Jake to focus on keeping the middle defense tight and getting a few quick play the balls.

Siro demoted to the bench, Jetski on the right edge to try and rekindle the connection he was building with DCE at one point. Maybe he can run the odd decoy and Suli could get the ball occasionally.

Davey in the front row rotation with Aloiai off the bench to try and lift the mongrel and momentum after 25.

Croker and Cust share the dummy half. Not ideal but that’s where we're at, Birt to get a shot hopefully if he performs in reggies.

1 Harper
2 Saab
3 Suli
4 Walker
5 Funa (gk)
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Marty
11 Schuster
12 Jetski
13 Jake
14 Cust
15 Sironen
16 Aloiai
17 Davey
18 Parker
19 Garrick
20 Boyle
21 Keppie

Funa to left wing spot over Garrick but its close

Foran to get the 6 but only to have all 3 halves playing at once.

Put Schuster in the back row, he can defend on the left edge and be given some freedom to roam in attack, do what Jake was doing last year or run off Foran on the left.

Jake to focus on keeping the middle defense tight and getting a few quick play the balls.

Siro demoted to the bench, Jetski on the right edge to try and rekindle the connection he was building with DCE at one point. Maybe he can run the odd decoy and Suli could get the ball occasionally.

Davey in the front row rotation with Aloiai off the bench to try and lift the mongrel and momentum after 25.

Croker and Cust share the dummy half. Not ideal but that’s where we're at, Birt to get a shot hopefully if he performs in reggies.
I think u are spot on with what Des will pick... except Garrick for Funa, and only because Funa's GK history is 55%. Even though Garrick was off last year he is still high 60's and will be high 70's if he is over the bad patch. If Funa is favoured to Garrick then DCE is GK.

I think u are spot on with what Des will pick... except Garrick for Funa, and only because Funa's GK history is 55%. Even though Garrick was off last year he is still high 60's and will be high 70's if he is over the bad patch. If Funa is favoured to Garrick then DCE is GK.
yeah maybe dce gk

I think Garrick will be selected , if only for goal kicking and doing a “ job”. You’d have to say “ kicks in the corner “ ( not that we’ve seen many in two years ) would go to the corner Volvo populates.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4