The team that should be selected for rd 1 and why

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My team

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Funa
4. Walker
5. Suli
6. Foz
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. Birt
10. Jurbo
11. Davey
12. Jetski
13. Olakau'atu

14. Schuster
15. Marty
16. Aloiai
17. Siro

My guess at Des's team
1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Garrick
6. Foz
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Marty
11. Siro
12. Jetski
13. Jurbo

14. Schuster
15. Aloiai
16. Keppie
17. Davey
I think both are spot on actually. I like your team and would be very happy with that. I also think Des will pick what you've guessed; however, if anyone drops out it could be Suli. I get the feeling that he is in a real battle to keep his spot this year.

To start in Round 1......
Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Marty
Sironen
Gosiewski
Jake T
Res: Schuster, Aloiai, Keppie, Olakau’atu

I have a feeling Croker will be a surprise packet at dummy half. At full strength only Tom T & Manase Fainu get into the team. Our back depth Harper, Funa, Parker, Cust, Taufua, Tupilotu, Ben T, Koula......our forwards depth Davey, Sipley, Boyle, Saddler, S Fainu.

Last edited:
Yep. I can't see the 'staid professor' picking anyone from left field. On paper it's not a bad looking team but guys like Walker, Suli, Garrick, Sir Loin and Froggie will need to be better than their 2020 efforts.
Probably a bit harsh on Walker considering he was injured most of the season and in positional flux. But with depth coming through I do agree this is the year he needs to perform or he'll be off to find another team.

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Marty
Sironen
Olakau’atu
Jake T

Schuster Aloiai Davey Gosiewski

7 were out yesterday - Turbo is the only one not coming in Des said. So the other 6 are Saab, Walker, DCE, Foran Olakau'atu and Jake so to me they are in the team - run on ins! Jetski went well but he will be on the bench with Davey

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Marty
Sironen
Olakau’atu
Jake T

Schuster Aloiai Davey Gosiewski

7 were out yesterday - Turbo is the only one not coming in Des said. So the other 6 are Saab, Walker, DCE, Foran Olakau'atu and Jake so to me they are in the team - run on ins! Jetski went well but he will be on the bench with Davey
I think you’ll find Olakau’atu isn’t actually apart of the 7 players that des rested yesterday. I believe the 7 are Tom, Jake, DCE, Foran, Croker, Saab and Walker. Pretty annoying if you ask me because that must mean that haumole is either injured or out of favour at the club.

After watching Harper at full back.. still a little concerned under the high ball.. dropped one cold with no pressure in a no pressure game as well. They happen.. but i would be concerned going forward. Defensively he was good enough.. attack didnt really do too much. If its a stop gap.. he will do a job. Suprised we didnt trial another full back in the trial.. Koula for example.

Think we lack some attacking play in the forwards. Siro is getting on my nerves with his cutting inside and avoiding the centres/wingers. Schuster doesnt seem to control the game well yet.. i would like to see him play in the forwards.. chiming in the attack.. adding a bit of variety.. extra kicking.. second phase play etc. More attacking/creative players on the park the better. Turbo adds nothing in this role. Can be 2nd row no problems.
Id go with:

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Funa
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Sironen
Turbo
Schuster
Res: Gosiewski, Aloiai, Keppie, Davey

Last edited:
I think you’ll find Olakau’atu isn’t actually apart of the 7 players that des rested yesterday. I believe the 7 are Tom, Jake, DCE, Foran, Croker, Saab and Walker. Pretty annoying if you ask me because that must mean that haumole is either injured or out of favour at the club.
yes maybe I have erred - think you are correct! And I was going to be a Maths teacher - can't add up two and two lol

yes maybe I have erred - think you are correct! And I was going to be a Maths teacher - can't add up two and two lol
and agreed - I thought he was a shoe in for the team - arghhhhh

For this Rd 1 side i'd drop Siro and Garrick and make them work their way back into the side. They are too slow atm and lack the intensity that we crave and desperately need. Siro was so vulnerable in defence toward the end of last season and again in the trial, whereas Garrick doesn't run with any intent whatsoever (although I wouldn't be too disappointed if he is named as it is likely). Give the spots to some 'young bulls' as such IMO. This 1-17 yart won't likely happen as always with my yarts but it's not too out there.

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jason Saab
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakautau/Jack Gosiewski (Jetski either starts @ 12 or plays reserves imo)
13. Jake Trbojevic (since he is staying at lock)
17. Zac Saddler/Haumole Olakautau

I think both are spot on actually. I like your team and would be very happy with that. I also think Des will pick what you've guessed; however, if anyone drops out it could be Suli. I get the feeling that he is in a real battle to keep his spot this year.
And as my mail suggested earlier Harper was set to start at centre. Maybe it is Suli that's out of favour?

For this Rd 1 side i'd drop Siro and Garrick and make them work their way back into the side. They are too slow atm and lack the intensity that we crave and desperately need. Siro was so vulnerable in defence toward the end of last season and again in the trial, whereas Garrick doesn't run with any intent whatsoever (although I wouldn't be too disappointed if he is named as it is likely). Give the spots to some 'young bulls' as such IMO. This 1-17 yart won't likely happen as always with my yarts but it's not too out there.

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jason Saab
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakautau/Jack Gosiewski (Jetski either starts @ 12 or plays reserves imo)
13. Jake Trbojevic (since he is staying at lock)
17. Zac Saddler/Haumole Olakautau

Also I don't think Keppie played very well. Sipley and Fainu did a little better than him.

Yes I still have Funa at 1, but Harper is showing lots of attacking prowess so is worth a shot somewhere I reckon.
With Funa and Harper we have a couple of good options at fullback. Much better than what we had last year! I do like Funa, he has X factor about him. Based on the wknd it will be Funa and Garrick fighting out for the left wing spot. Garrick will likely get first shot but far from guaranteed to stay there. The good thing is this year we have Blacktown playing so guys like Funa and Sipley etc can force their way in through good form!

Tuipulotu had a poor game on the weekend, I don't think he is ready.

Also I don't think Keppie played very well. Sipley and Fainu did a little better than him.
Keppie hit well in defence but is lacking any real attacking game. Agree he will be under pressure to keep his spot

If Foz is a likely starter , then Schuster on the bench unless Des does the unexpected and considers him as a starting back rower . Then if Croker or Cust starts as the 9 then one one the bench , maybe with Schuster then two middle forwards [ Alioia , Paseka , Haumole , Davey , Sipley or Keppie ] Then Siro has to lift his game apparently and where for Jet Ski . Going to be hard to leave out Schuster from the starting 13 , he seemed to be one of the few players asking enough questions to the opposition in the trials . Far from settled as things now seem .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4