The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I take it you can make that claim as you are an expert on cockheads and being gay.

No, just an expert on people who selectively misinterupt a comment to suit their own small mind prejudiced view of the world. How you could reach either conclusion on the basis of two posts is testament to a mind totally untroubled by any intellegent thought.

To my knowledge being gay does not suddenly make someone wonderful and faultless and it certainly does not preclude them from being cockheads. In this I am clearly more tolerant and unbiased than you.

Last edited:
You agree with me we do have the right and obligation to disapprove of things, especially things we deem harmful to our community. One bug I have at the moment is the anti -vaxers.

I happen to agree with you that matters sexual between adults is not one of the things I even think about let alone disapprove of.

We agree about much, Woodsie, but we don't see eye-to-eye yet on the right - or even the necessity - to approve or to disapprove.

For me, it is never a matter of approval. Never a matter of judging others. Discerning, yes, influencing, yes, judging, no. I am no God. Why should anyone care what I "approve" of?

It is a matter of taking action - responding as intelligently as possible to what is in front of me. Looking at what the situation in front of me demands of me.

I'll leave the judging to all of the bible bashers who choose to ignore Jesus' instructions to not judge others, lest they be judged themselves.

No, just an expert on people who selectively misinterupt a comment to suit their own small mind prejudiced view of the world. How you could reach either conclusion on the basis of two posts is testament to a mind totally untroubled by any intellegent thought.

To my knowledge being gay does not suddenly make someone wonderful and faultless and it certainly does not preclude them from being cockheads. In this I am clearly more tolerant and unbiased than you.
Have you ever considered that people may judge people as cockheads, not because the judged is a cockhead, but because the judger is?

i.e. The Adam Goodes effect. I'm not booing because I'm an out-and-out racist, I'm booing because he's .... (fill in the gap)

I thoroughly dislike the term phobia. I don't like the lifestyles of many people such as drug addicts, alcoholics, etc etc but I don't have an unreasonable or unfounded fear of them. I leave them be to do their own thing as is their choice as an adult. I do however resent those who try and force "in your face" views because it suits their particular view of the world.

Let people follow their life choices with dignity, but please don't call me and others names that are just plain wrong because we happen to dislike how they live their lives. The world is full of different people and just because I don't approve does NOT mean I fear them in any way shape or form.
So you're phobia phobic?

Manly, again is unique here.

Big Ian Roberts was the very first professional sportsman, whilst still playing his sport, to come out in the world in 1995.:clap:

Takes a manly man to be secure enough to live his truth :)

View attachment 3442
Twenty one years on and no one else in the nrl top grade has come out.
Just makes you realise how brave a decision it was by Roberts.

Hey 'Ironstine', it's phobia not fobia. Phobia not only means fear, it can also means dislike.
Also you bigot, Turvey's son and his partner look nothing like that screensaver pic from your PC which you shared. You don't think it's possible to find equally trashy pics of a straight couple?
Hey 'Ironstine', it's phobia not fobia. Phobia not only means fear, it can also means dislike.
Also you bigot, Turvey's son and his partner look nothing like that screensaver pic from your PC which you shared. You don't think it's possible to find equally trashy pics of a straight couple?
Just because some people don't like or approve of something it does not mean they have a "Phobia" or have a fear . Just like you have your opinion I have mine .
In regards to the PC screen saver I shared that scene was from the festive Mardi Gras in Oxford street . This is how they celebrate and parade them selves. Some guys get turned on by this . Do you bones ? If you do good luck to you .

Please explain?
4:53
I was there and saw Jack attack Ridgey in the air, right on half time :mad:

Jack sued for 100k Ian settled out of court for 10k, 8 years later. He didn't countersue Jack for homophobic slurs :cool:

Big Ian, stood up for himself and his mates. :clap: #NotHisGo

Last edited:
Just because some people don't like or approve of something it does not mean they have a "Phobia" or have a fear . Just like you have your opinion I have mine .
In regards to the PC screen saver I shared that scene was from the festive Mardi Gras in Oxford street . This is how they celebrate and parade them selves. Some guys get turned on by this . Do you bones ? If you do good luck to you .
Love your ignorance about Mardi gras mate. How they celebrate lol. This event brings in millions of dollars to the NSW economy every year and is the end of a month of celebration within the gay, lesbian and transgender community. Actually pride day is 2 weeks before Mardi Gras which is where the bulk of the gay community gather and celebrate whom they are and EVERYONE is welcome to attend, like parents and relatives and heaven help up straight people too. Maybe if you attend that you might lose your ignorance of things but I respect your right to say what you say even though it is at odds with most fair minded people.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7