The Storm up to their filthy tricks again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-06/furner-fumes-over-chin-strapping/3871372
Furner fumes over 'chin-strapping'

Melbourne Storm has been accused by the Canberra Raiders of targeting its players' chins in the weekend's round one clash.

The Raiders have reportedly asked the NRL to review footage where Storm players appear to be pushing Raiders players' chins sidewards during a tackle.

Canberra coach David Furner is thought to have identified six instances where Storm defenders made questionable tackles.

The practice is known as "chin-strapping" and makes it painful for an opposing player to keep moving forward.

''My concern is the players and it's got to do with the head and the chin,'' Furner told the Canberra Times.

''They're pulling the chin across with their hands. I could see they were slowing us down by using this technique.''

The Storm have previously been criticised for other controversial wrestling-influenced tackling techniques.

Last season's Dally M medal winner Billy Slater, whose dramatic leap and touch down ultimately put the game beyond the Raiders, has escaped punishment for a high tackle on Josh Dugan during the season opener.

It just seems flavour of the month to always complain about Storm tactics at the start of the season, just par for the course really.

I mean anyone could see they were wrestling and really slowing down the play the ball, but who do you blame, the team for trying whatever innovative tactic they can come up with, or the referees for not pulling them up?

Its the refs jobs to control this, bad form on the storms part if theyre found to have been guilty of this though. Why they keep using these wrestling tactics is beyond me !

bennyeagle said:
Its the refs jobs to control this, bad form on the storms part if theyre found to have been guilty of this though. Why they keep using these wrestling tactics is beyond me !

Its fairly obvious, they look at the rules and they work within the confines of the rules wherever they can to gain any advantage that they can.

I didn't notice this in the game, and I don't think many people would have so there is a fair chance this was more accidental and Furner is just searching for issues

I posted elsewhere that the Storms second try should not have been allowed and Harrigan agreed with me. To late though. I can understand the Raiders frustration with the ref. The Storm held down all match with only a few penalties. They are the masters of dodgy play.

It's like a movie preview. (said with that deep american preview voice)

From the coach that brought you the grapple, the chicken wing and the crusher tackle, comes the fourth instalment of this dirty ongoing saga about a football team with a nutty coach who's willing to break all the rules to win at any cost!
Produced by Craig Bellamy and starring the 'grub brothers' Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, don't miss all the bottom lip splitting action of 'The Chin Strap'.

Showing soon at a stadium near you.

WAMF said:
It's like a movie preview. (said with that deep american preview voice)

From the coach that brought you the grapple, the chicken wing and the crusher tackle, comes the fourth instalment of this dirty ongoing saga about a football team with a nutty coach who's willing to break all the rules to win at any cost!
Produced by Craig Bellamy and starring the 'grub brothers' Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, don't miss all the bottom lip splitting action of 'The Chin Strap'.

Showing soon at a stadium near you.

Priceless :D

*sigh* all the imaginative grub-techniques in the world won't change the fact that they haven't won a premiership since 1999.

Won't be long until the Storm bring BJJ into the equation and go for rear naked chokes, arm bars and flying triangles.

WAMF said:
Won't be long until the Storm bring BJJ into the equation and go for rear naked chokes, arm bars and flying triangles.

Lol. Well they are not that far off it at the moment.

This will be their next grub tactic.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFRZ9B2GubI&feature=related[/video]

Bring back the squirrel grip for storm games.

You couldn't do it v the tigers because Farrah has nothing to grip, have to do the 6 pack grip on shim

the best wresting display was by the warriors under 20 team,they were a disgrace.

Daniel said:
Bring back the squirrel grip for storm games.

You couldn't do it v the tigers because Farrah has nothing to grip, have to do the 6 pack grip on shim

Hahaha. The barracuda.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6