The Souff's thread .......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is their symbol a rabbit? A rabbitoh is a deadbeat swaggy that sells rabbits to the poor starving families. Their mascot should be a swaggy in threadbare clothes with a string of dead rabbits.

Legend has it, that when trying to decide the mascot for the fledgling club .... officials were faced with the choice of a Rabbit or a deadbeat swaggy ..... in the promotional photos they commissioned, the thing than stood out most .... was the fact that the rabbit had 2 teeth .... this was remarkable in the area, and as that was one more than the swaggy, it won the day for the "fierce" looking bunny ......

Legend has it, that when trying to decide the mascot for the fledgling club .... officials were faced with the choice of a Rabbit or a deadbeat swaggy ..... in the promotional photos they commissioned, the thing than stood out most .... was the fact that the rabbit had 2 teeth .... this was remarkable in the area, and as that was one more than the swaggy, it won the day for the "fierce" looking bunny ......

Reminds me of a classic:
Q: How do you know a Souths fan invented the toothbrush?
A: Because if it was anyone else it would be called a teethbrush.

Why is their symbol a rabbit? A rabbitoh is a deadbeat swaggy that sells rabbits to the poor starving families. Their mascot should be a swaggy in threadbare clothes with a string of dead rabbits.

Thank you very much, been saying the same for years. At the very least, the logo should be a dead rabbit with blood all over it. Talk about a classic marketing spin.

If Tommy turbo stays injury free (and that's a big 'if' given his tall frame) he will crack the 300 club.

22 years and already played 77 games. Jake might also get there aswell. He is 24 at 94 games.

Had snake not had a few horror seasons with injury which later brought his career to a halt, he would have cracked the 300.

@Simonmyers11 my point is that the likes of lockyer played in a super league comp in Aust , might have been for the broncos but it was a different comp. just a matter of opinion but in my eyes if the powers that be won't recognise Beaver's achievements then I don't recognise lockyer's achievements

And yet think about this. Games played for Australia under the Super League banner are not counted in official records, at least not counted here in Australia. The RLIF and both the RFL and NZRL count the games their players played in that year.

Why are their club games counted for 1997, yet not their representative games? Using Lockyer as an example, officially he didn't play for Australia until 1998, yet he played 3 SL tests against Great Britain in 1997 and made his international debut at Wembley.

So why the difference? The inconsistencies in this game about which records count and which don't are incredible. If Lockyer and other SL players have their club records counted from 1997, then why not Beaver?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8