The Silvertails Preview: Round 2 The Manly Sea Eagles v The West Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
expectations are dropping here..... We seem resigned to mediocrity.....

I agree. They trained all summer and it wasn't lack of combinations last week it was guy's not having a dig. We were told our forward problems were over yet we put up the white flag against the dogs on our home ground it wasn't good enough.

I saw the dog forwards lining up for hit ups and their hooker pass to them directly with no fancy stuff. They make 65 meters from the 1st set of the game.

I saw our wingers and backs run from dummy half too often. I saw our hooker api take too many steps out of dummy half before passing, making our forwards easy meat.

I agree. They trained all summer and it wasn't lack of combinations last week it was guy's not having a dig. We were told our forward problems were over yet we put up the white flag against the dogs on our home ground it wasn't good enough.
I don't agree, they tried hard to the very end, it's just that they were too small to handle the dogs pack. The pack and bench that should have tackled the dogs needed size.
8. Turbo
9. Parcel
10. Myles
11. Lussick
12. Lawrence
13. Tapau
14. Starling
15. Brown
16. Leary
17. Vave

That pack would have matched them. The 2 lightweights on the bench come on late in each half to run them around.

Last edited:
5 weeks for mine. I would expect us to be clicking into gear by then. In saying this I do not expect us or want us to lose our first 5 games. Lets hope we get a win tonight.

3 years for me mate. Same as afforded to Des. Same as afforded to Tooves.

People have said this team is basically something completely new. I'm seeing Barrett's start point. If I see improvement from there as the years go on, and not regression, I'm happy.

Not unrealistic, I'd like to see us make the 8 this year, be a serious top 4 contender by next year, and win by the 3rd year. Anything quicker than that is a bonus.

3 years for me mate. Same as afforded to Des.

Des's first team round 1 2004 Andrew Walker, Scott Donald, Luke Williamson, Paul Stephenson, Chris Hicks, Jye Mullane, Michael Monaghan, Steve Menzies, Soloman Haumono, Sam Harris, Ian Donnelly, Nathan Hollingsworth, Daniel Heckenberg.

Compare that to the team Barrett has no way in the world he has 3 years to get it right more like 3 weeks.

Barrett is already trashing the 'us against the world' mentality by being all warm and fuzzy with the media. Players, management and coaching staff have all been caught in the hype. I hate to say it, but imo we will lose this game.

Not unrealistic, I'd like to see us make the 8 this year, be a serious top 4 contender by next year, and win by the 3rd year. Anything quicker than that is a bonus.

Well said mate. I don't get the whole blow everything up after one solitary game, like people are saying.

Ok, I'm very disappointed with Barrett's team selections. I still feel Mateo, Symonds should be in there. If Bullet is still injured, play Green on the wing (like he played in the 9's), and go:-

08. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Taupau
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Brown
15. Lussick
16. Myles
17. Lawrence

(If Buhrer is still out, Brown to lock, Starling in).

That team has no Green in the backrow, no Wiliame, no Vave and no requirement for 2 Hookers and a wasted interchange.

But that's my opinion only, and I know Barrett knows much, much more than I do, but that's my only criticism (that I think we have better options).

Des's first team round 1 2004 Andrew Walker, Scott Donald, Luke Williamson, Paul Stephenson, Chris Hicks, Jye Mullane, Michael Monaghan, Steve Menzies, Soloman Haumono, Sam Harris, Ian Donnelly, Nathan Hollingsworth, Daniel Heckenberg.

Compare that to the team Barrett has no way in the world he has 3 years to get it right more like 3 weeks.

Our 1st GF win under Des was 2008. That's 5 years. I'll give Barrett 3 years to get there. How's that?

Our 1st GF win under Des was 2008. That's 5 years. I'll give Barrett 3 years to get there. How's that?

We can give him 5 or 10 as we have seen it's up to the owners. But the team he has been delivered and the media fluff pieces written by peters and Bozo's mates (fed to them) they expect us to be top 4 this year. Missing the finals last season was enough to sack a coach.

We can give him 5 or 10 as we have seen it's up to the owners. But the team he has been delivered and the media fluff pieces written by peters and Bozo's mates (fed to them) they expect us to be top 4 this year. Missing the finals last season was enough to sack a coach.

We certainly have an amazing 25 top players. just need Barrett to PICK THE RIGHT ****ING PLAYERS :)

Well said mate. I don't get the whole blow everything up after one solitary game, like people are saying.

Ok, I'm very disappointed with Barrett's team selections. I still feel Mateo, Symonds should be in there. If Bullet is still injured, play Green on the wing (like he played in the 9's), and go:-

08. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Taupau
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Brown
15. Lussick
16. Myles
17. Lawrence

(If Buhrer is still out, Brown to lock, Starling in).

That team has no Green in the backrow, no Wiliame, no Vave and no requirement for 2 Hookers and a wasted interchange.

But that's my opinion only, and I know Barrett knows much, much more than I do, but that's my only criticism (that I think we have better options).
Ryan the Barrett situation is like waking up from a drunken one night stand. Seemed like a good idea at the time, she says she really loves you but she's just insane and as ugly as a hat full of arseholes.

Do you say well let's stick this out and see if it comes good in a year or two or do you say good lord what have I done and finish it straight away and move on?

Ryan the Barrett situation is like waking up from a drunken one night stand. Seemed like a good idea at the time, she says she really loves you but she's just insane and as ugly as a hat full of arseholes.

Do you say well let's stick this out and see if it comes good in a year or two or do you say good lord what have I done and finish it straight away and move on?
I'd say: Let's go to Penn Heath to give you a complete makeover.

I think its way too early to be pointing the finger at Barrett
Last week players made simple errors which put us under pressure . if the same players keep making those simple errors and Barrett keeps selecting them then i think we can start pointing the finger directly at the coach

That team we picked last week or this week or even next week should stick it to any team in the comp . We dropped that much f...... ball last week that the titans or Knights would have given it to us . Complete sets show some ticker and the combo's will come .

That team we picked last week or this week or even next week should stick it to any team in the comp . We dropped that much f...... ball last week that the titans or Knights would have given it to us . Complete sets show some ticker and the combo's will come .
We dropped the ball because we were under pressure from the first tackle.

We dropped the ball because we were under pressure from the first tackle.

What farked us imo was when hands for feet, feet for hands Taufua dropped the ball 20 metres out when we were in the arm wrestle. Dogs got a penalty just slightly after and the grass had tilted by that point.

I think its way too early to be pointing the finger at Barrett
Last week players made simple errors which put us under pressure . if the same players keep making those simple errors and Barrett keeps selecting them then i think we can start pointing the finger directly at the coach
How are you feeling about that statement now.

Let's all just look forward to round 8 & then the byes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6