The Silvertail Sam Antics Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rocky

Bencher
1. Our regular hooker's name is Lachlan Croker (not Crocker - especially not that ex Melbourne grub Michael Crocker)

2. When a Manly player signs a contract with another team and it commences after their Manly contracts expires, we have not "released" the player. He has simply signed elsewhere.

3. We get it Harper and Parker aren't going to be mistaken for Lyon and Matai. No need to start another thread about it.

4. Speaking of Lyon, he was a center and his first name is Jamie. If you are thinking of Lyons, his name is Cliff.

5. If you don't like a Manly player and you want them to leave the club, we can only "release" them to another club if the other club is willing to take over their existing contract. Of course, Manly can chip in money to facilitate that happening. i.e. pay a portion of the contract.

What else?

I know it will fall on blind eyes, however:

There is one ‘l’ in Russel Gartner.

There was a former great fullback called Graham Eadie. Not Graeme or Grahame Eadie.

Alan Thompson the 5/8 was not Allan Thompson the 5/8.

Second rower and occasional prop Allan Thomson was not Allan Thompson.

His nephew, former prop Ian Thomson, is not Ian Thompson.

There was no Max Krillich. There is however one Max Krilich.

There was no Terry Randell playing for Manly. Terry Randall on the other hand did play for Manly.

Alex Tennant never played for Manly. However Alec Tennant did play for Manly.

John Gray had a three year stint at Manly. John Grey did not.

Stephen Knight finished his career at Manly. Steven Knight must have played elsewhere.

I know it will fall on blind eyes, however:

There is one ‘l’ in Russel Gartner.

There was a former great fullback called Graham Eadie. Not Graeme or Grahame Eadie.

Alan Thompson the 5/8 was not Allan Thompson the 5/8.

Second rower and occasional prop Allan Thomson was not Allan Thompson.

His nephew, former prop Ian Thomson, is not Ian Thompson.

There was no Max Krillich. There is however one Max Krilich.

There was no Terry Randell playing for Manly. Terry Randall on the other hand did play for Manly.

Alex Tennant never played for Manly. However Alec Tennant did play for Manly.

John Gray had a three year stint at Manly. John Grey did not.

Stephen Knight finished his career at Manly. Steven Knight must have played elsewhere.

I must have missed the thread that said .. "spelling Bee" ...

Any and all contract speculation including how much we have in the "cap" in complete and utter guess work
1. Who really knows what players are paid. @Ryan had evidence off a well known players contract which was significantly different to what had been reported
2. Even if you knew the dollar figure no one has any idea of how the money is paid, what are bonuses etc. As an example if DCE was on 1 mil how much of his contract is covered by the long serving player allowance? In real terms is his cap impact 800k? What about performance incentives

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4