The Silvertail Sam Antics Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Our regular hooker's name is Lachlan Croker (not Crocker - especially not that ex Melbourne grub Michael Crocker)

2. When a Manly player signs a contract with another team and it commences after their Manly contracts expires, we have not "released" the player. He has simply signed elsewhere.

3. We get it Harper and Parker aren't going to be mistaken for Lyon and Matai. No need to start another thread about it.

4. Speaking of Lyon, he was a center and his first name is Jamie. If you are thinking of Lyons, his name is Cliff.

5. If you don't like a Manly player and you want them to leave the club, we can only "release" them to another club if the other club is willing to take over their existing contract. Of course, Manly can chip in money to facilitate that happening. i.e. pay a portion of the contract.

What else?
Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai were centres (not centers). The jury is still out on Brad Parker and Morgan Harper...

Any player who doesn’t give credit to his teammates & say they still have some areas to work on, or joke about the coach giving them a halftime spray after a poor first half when interviewed after winning a game is far too independent a thinker to play rugby league.

Any player who doesn’t give credit to his teammates & say they still have some areas to work on, or joke about the coach giving them a halftime spray after a poor first half when interviewed after winning a game is far too independent a thinker to play rugby league.
I just hope we all give 110%.

Can anyone confirm the following?

That Damien Cook was a beach sprinter.
That Billy Slater rode track work for Gai Waterhouse.

What else have you heard one million times from the commentators?
Koula clocked a record sprint time in GPS athletics. AND HIS PARENTS WERE OLYMPIANS (for Tonga). Every commentator said it 76 times last year.

What about Seagles, that annoys me. However the west tigers annoys me just as much. For all those stupid commentators it is Sea Eagles (2 words) and wests tigers (an amalgamation of wests and tigers (not west and tigers)

Koula clocked a record sprint time in GPS athletics. AND HIS PARENTS WERE OLYMPIANS (for Tonga). Every commentator said it 76 times last year.
Aww, that was my one. Warren Smith is by far the worst for it.
I couldn’t believe it last week when he trotted out the
"Lauchie Miller the former Olympian. He played sevens rugby in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, don’t you know! I was actually waiting for someone to give him some crap about it, but no, apparently the 999,000 other times he has said it didn’t get through to the viewing sausage roll eaters.

Last edited:
The amount of times you hear the word "obviously ". Wether it’s in a FOX pre-show, or more likely in the post match interviews. Seriously, count them.:eek:
Also Corey Parkers usage of "the middle third" and "eyes up football" and the new buzz word "throwing shape at a team".
And every player (especially the ones that have played for more than five+ years) that gets interviewed in a winning side in the first three rounds when asked what was so different to their recent offseason compared to others. "(Insert coaches name) was all about defence, our defensive structures. That was our key area this year. Yeah the boys were bashing each other all preseason, and we just wanted to show what we’ve been focused on like never before".

Last edited:
The amount of times you hear the word "obviously ". Wether it’s in a FOX pre-show, or more likely in the post match interviews. Seriously, count them.:eek:
Also Corey Parkers usage of "the middle third" and "eyes up football" and the new buzz word "throwing shape at a team".
And every player (especially the ones that have played for more than five+ years) that gets interviewed in a winning side in the first three rounds when asked what was so different to their recent offseason compared to others. "(Insert coaches name) was all about defence, our defensive structures. That was our key area this year. Yeah the boys were bashing each other all preseason, and we just wanted to show what we’ve been focused on like never before".
Yeah, nah, this GF win is the best feeling ever....we deserve it, we worked so hard in the pre-season ( or is it pre season ?).

As if no other team has worked hard?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9