The SHOOSH and Rumour files

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EXCLUSIVE in the Mole in @LeagueWeek today: @SeaEagles lead the money race in the battle to sign Jason Taumalolo

EXCLUSIVE in the Mole in @LeagueWeek today: the great Adam Dykes is back at @Cronulla_Sharks - as a skills coach

how do we have the money to give him a mil?
I imagine that figure is probably a bit off. He's not in the mill league after one good season. What gets reported and what he signs for are probably two different things...

1+1 = 7

Manly are trying to retain two players.
It is assumed by some that they will miss out on one of them therefore this money, rather than being used to replace the player, would be used for a player like him
This also helps to bump up his price for the real clubs that are interested

how do we have the money to give him a mil?
It's in weet-bix. Not $$. The bloke loves a weet-bix. He ate 23 in a sitting once. The Cowboys refer to it as the weet-bix incident. 1 mil in weet-bix sounds like a lot, but he's worth it.

I imagine that figure is probably a bit off. He's not in the mill league after one good season. What gets reported and what he signs for are probably two different things...
Actually Loobs, pretty much all players are on a million a year these days, according to the media

From the Lurker

Shhh

Rumour 1: Several ex-Manly players - angry at Anthony Watmough's continued attacks on the club - want his life membership revoked.

Rumour 2: Karmichael Hunt won't be the last of the big names snared by the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission. And we're not just talking ex-players

Rumour #3: Morale at the NRL has hit an all-time low, with several staff members checking the lifeboats for an escape route

Rumour #4: Who are the two journos no longer on speaking terms after a recent dust-up?

MORE: The Lurker - NRL Rumour File - Friday | Gallery: Karmichael Hunt's career | NZ Warriors - The blueprint for NRL success

As if the Manly v Parramatta first round clash wasn't spicy enough, along comes Anthony Watmough to pour more unleaded on the fire.

Apparently Choc hated everything about the Sea Eagles and could barely get himself out of bed some days to drive the 3km to training.

More miserable than a wet weekend, he made the move to Parramatta and is now dancing along the banks of the Parramatta River to get to Pirtek.

We can't wait to see him up against his former club on March 6 – the first of many hate-fuelled or emotional match-ups this season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8