The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see Mason and Farrar are still working with their respective clubs even though they still have involvements with betting mobs, so how about we try again to get Laurie Daley on board for assistant coach, cant wait to see the responses to this post... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I like Flanno's insights in the commentary box but I question the validity of his success as a head coach. Everything hinges on what he did in 2016, but everything either side of that is pretty ordinary. Scandals deluxe and a modest win/loss record with a side doped to the nines! The year the Sharks won, they had one of, if not the most experienced rosters in the competition, full of hard heads that dictated the way the side played from the field (much like Manly of 2013). Lets not forget McGuire won a competition. Hasler won a couple. Where are they now? I'm not sold on the idea that Flanno is a saviour of sorts. Decent coach, probably. Saviour, probably not.

I see Mason and Farrar are still working with their respective clubs even though they still have involvements with betting mobs, so how about we try again to get Laurie Daley on board for assistant coach, cant wait to see the responses to this post... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Tooves to be Seibold's assistant coach in 2024, followed by another shot at MWSE head coach in 2025/2026. (Assistant coaches Hales and Ballin, DCE Pathways & Skill Development Coach)
Note: Tooves winning percentage (57.5) is the highest as a Manly coach since the late eighties, and he is still ranked sixth overall since our inception. (1.Willey, 2.Fulton, 3.Hunter, 4.Stanton, 5.Ritchie, 6.Toovey) Edited : Sixth not fifth.

Last edited:
I like Flanno's insights in the commentary box but I question the validity of his success as a head coach. Everything hinges on what he did in 2016, but everything either side of that is pretty ordinary. Scandals deluxe and a modest win/loss record with a side doped to the nines! The year the Sharks won, they had one of, if not the most experienced rosters in the competition, full of hard heads that dictated the way the side played from the field (much like Manly of 2013). Lets not forget McGuire won a competition. Hasler won a couple. Where are they now? I'm not sold on the idea that Flanno is a saviour of sorts. Decent coach, probably. Saviour, probably not.
I've mentioned that Flanagan would have been ok for the Head Coach role. I understand the conjecture over the scandal of sorts that he endured at Cronulla. He wouldve been no saviour but he would have been better than Seibold.

I am shocked we hired Flanagan as an assistant . Why didn’t we do it the other way and have siebold as assistant: Flanagan was always leaving as soon as a head coach job came up. Why did we hire him knowing we would only get a season out of him especially after the amount of coaches we have moved on. I really don’t understand how our club makes decisions in the last few years. It seems to defy logic.

I am shocked we hired Flanagan as an assistant . Why didn’t we do it the other way and have siebold as assistant: Flanagan was always leaving as soon as a head coach job came up. Why did we hire him knowing we would only get a season out of him especially after the amount of coaches we have moved on. I really don’t understand how our club makes decisions in the last few years. It seems to defy logic.

We were too chicken to. Flanagan seemed to have too much baggage re cheating, roids etc to be hired as head coach.
So we hired a proven coach that took a club that is a powerhouse and never won a spoon to the spoon. 🤔

We were too chicken to. Flanagan seemed to have too much baggage re cheating, roids etc to be hired as head coach.
So we hired a proven coach that took a club that is a powerhouse and never won a spoon to the spoon. 🤔
There’s so much more to that story than most know , but easy to say he “ took them to a spoon “ .

The external forces , white anting and destroying player support were immense.

Their ploy worked , they got the spoon , he was sacked and their man Kevvie got the job .

What's the obsession with assistant coaches? Silvertails has been obsessed all the way back to Cartwright.

The buck stops with the head coach.

It's not like we've ever had a Nate Shelley.

There’s so much more to that story than most know , but easy to say he “ took them to a spoon “ .

Their ploy worked , they got the spoon , he was sacked and their man Kevvie got the job .

It's a fact, not a story.

As I understand it hiring Flanagan was Siebold's idea. Getting the right coach is a tough assignment. Lets hope we see improvement and consistency from here on in. Playing a great game every two or three weeks is not the formula for success. Flanagan has a lot of distractions with his media commitments and chasing the job at St George.

Yep, definitely I can see Flano's influence in our wins. The hard edge, the win-at-all-costs.
I can see Seibold's influence in our losses. The lack of passion, the over complicated plans that result in utter disorganisation.
Or... maybe I'm just guessing or believing the facile storylines.

Go, or stay. I don't give 2 hoots. Manly's main deficits are in effective front office. Improve there and we'll do better with pathways and recruitment. Assistant coaches are rarely the difference.

The external voice wooden spoon excuses perspective ...

The external voices were not the sole influence of the players
The players coach also had a voice of influence

If was coach I would have told the players
If you have any dignity worthy of any honor and respect
You will avoid those selfish external forces and fight on the field for your pride and honorable reputation and avoid blemishing your names for ever in the history books as being the first ever broncos players that have shamed their jersey and their club with their first wooden spoon

A mans greatest worth is his integrity honour and dignity
Without all that he is worth nothing
There is no honour integrity and dignity in those people who put their selfish egos and agendas
before players reputations , loyal and passionate supporters that pay to see their team win and the glory of the Broncos club that is the main reason that we are all here today

Honour is simply the morality of Superior human beings
and Honour is about making the right choices
When you run out on to the field
You either honour the egos of the selfish and self destruct
Or honour your great family names , your supporters and your club and rise above Mediocrity

It's a fact, not a story.
Of course it’s a fact

But the story behind it is very much worth noting.

He was completely white anted.

You can choose to believe that or deny it , but I heard the exact story from the one staffer I still had contact with, and I’ll believe them over any media outlet or fan opinion.

I think they play paper, scissors rock or by the flip of a coin...

If Flanno does take the dragons job, do we cut him off like chooks did with Ryles or does he stay on for the remainder of the season?

Of course it’s a fact

But the story behind it is very much worth noting.

He was completely white anted.

You can choose to believe that or deny it , but I heard the exact story from the one staffer I still had contact with, and I’ll believe them over any media outlet or fan opinion.
I believe he was white anted and that was a fact and a shame as well by those nasty egotistic White Ants

Another fact is ...
In clubs there are two factions
The factions that support you and hired you
and the factions that will do their best to fire you
and another fact is that The resilient , defiant and Inspirational coaches will also inspire results on the field

In his Premiership winning Peak
Des used to call this theory
Flying under the radar

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4