The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel it premature to write off a coaching team after 12 games.

Thats just me though
It is premature to write off a coaching team after 12 games
The full assessment report is written at the end of the season

The Marks are ..
Met expectations
Overachieved
Underachieved

At Manly we expect nothing but high Expectations
Lower our Great Stands and we Stand for Nothing Great !

Grand Final coach Geoff Toovey has inspired his Manly Sea Eagles troops ...

Shane Flanagan believes he can set up the Dragons for “long-term success” and has responded to critics who believe he should have a life ban from NRL head coaching.

Flanagan has been shortlisted for the St George Illawarra job after Jason Ryles stunned the club by knocking back a $3.2 million four-year deal last week.

Flanagan coached the Sharks for eight seasons and won the 2016 premiership before being banned for his role in the club’s infamous supplements saga.

He’s currently an assistant at Manly under Anthony Seibold who told foxsports.com.au he won’t stop Flanagan from leaving for a head coaching role.

Flanagan confirmed his interest in the vacant Dragons role and said the club has been in contact with his manager.

“I’ll just let it unfold, that’s what you have managers for, and hopefully something happens and it gets done,” Flanagan said on 2GB Radio.

“I don’t think I need to go through an interview process, obviously the club would know exactly what I’ve done in the game - I’ve coached at NRL level for eight years, won a competition.

lol... yup, where the sharks were found to be in breach of the salary cap both immediately before and after that one year where they were magically compliant. national rigged league...

edit: Hopefully he's still focused on the team that currently pays his wages. I wouldn't mind a win soon.

Last edited:
I feel it premature to write off a coaching team after 12 games.

Thats just me though
Exactly right - Let's be realistic about this new coaching situation 2023 -

* There have been multiple roster changes due to injury and suspension (some key players too)
Anyone see Penrith once Cleary went off for Penrith, yeh just 1 player in key postion and the NRL's most dominant team looked like lost sheep.

* It does take time for a complete change in structures and playing style - not overnight.

* Personally felt we looked better against Top teams than in recent years (apart from the Penrith debacle) and that is an immediate improvement.....beat Storm convincingly, beat Eels, should have beaten Rabbits, lost by 6 to Sharks....

The question is, if he does sign with the dragons, do we let him go straight away? Bit of a conflict of interest if he stays around co-developing and implementing our attacking structures etc. sure would put him in a good position when we play them next year.

The question is, if he does sign with the dragons, do we let him go straight away? Bit of a conflict of interest if he stays around co-developing and implementing our attacking structures etc. sure would put him in a good position when we play them next year.
Yes

We should be sourcing another assistant right now in case he goes.
Given his contract at Manly was for 3 years but couldn’t leave for a head coaching job until after a year’s service,I think they were quite prepared and aware that an opportunity would pop up

Or we could sack him just like Roosters have with Ryles, just because he applied for the job and decided against it.

Exactly right - Let's be realistic about this new coaching situation 2023 -

* There have been multiple roster changes due to injury and suspension (some key players too)
Anyone see Penrith once Cleary went off for Penrith, yeh just 1 player in key postion and the NRL's most dominant team looked like lost sheep.
The reality is my feathered friend maxta
That the lost Penrith team without their star halfback did not lose the game
They still found a way to win

The moral of the story
Nevills like us on here can always find excuses for losing
But the Pros are paid to finding ways and creating ways to win against adversity

Sports Quotes, Only losers are making excuses, winners are making ...

I will be honest as always

Firstly let me say that my biggest Passion is a winning Manly at all costs
and I hope that every one that represents our legendary club is very successful for the sake of our Beloved clubs success

Personally Flanagan and Seibold feel like aliens from another planet at Manly to me
I am trying to warm up to them as I did with Trent Barret

Hopefully they can Win me over with more Manly Wins and Earn their Manly Wings

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Rugby League Club 2012 Membership Campaign ...

The reality is my feathered friend maxta
That the lost Penrith team without their star halfback did not lose the game
They still found a way to win

The moral of the story
Nevills like us on here can always find excuses for losing
But the Pros are paid to finding ways and creating ways to win against adversity

Sports Quotes, Only losers are making excuses, winners are making ...
Theres no need for excuses my feathered mate, as it's already proven we are beating Top teams for the first time in years - this is an improvement.
As for Penrith still finding a way to win, fortunately they were playing Illawarra who found a way to lose and keep in mind, Penrith have arguably the best nursery of young stars to come in and replace stars than ANY team in the NRL....and who are the Nevilles on here ?
Sorry but not in the basket with you on that call Bozo....I hope you don't really rate yourself a Neville, I expect you to have a little more integrity and belief in the heart old mate.

Get him OFF our ****ing team. Have some standards, ethics and pride Manly. Let him coach The Dragons in a part time job swap with NRL on Fox.

Why can't we have the same standards as the Chooks? You're either 100% in, or **** off.

And honestly, this is 99% the problem with this club. The level of commitment from the owners, coaches and players vary from nothing, to 65% (Jake exempt from this figure - he's 110% Manly).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4