The Sei-build

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lo
I stand corrected, but in my defence the timeline was pretty tight.

Des was sacked on 13 October, a few days before Condon signed on, on 19 October.

Wonder who really wanted him at the club - Seibold wasn't appointed coach until 8 November.
p
Agreed @SeaEagleRock8: (IMHO)
Woods is being re-signed on much less money than Keppie. Woods essentially replaces Boyle in the thirty for 2024. Keppies money plus the money saved by the collective Fainus release, will enable us to sign a young forward with the ability to cover lock, second-row and prop. Naufahu Whyte would be ideal. Then with Schuster and possibly Parker moving into the back-row rotation, plus the re-signing of Bullemore, we will only need to upgrade Sykes into the thirty to have our full complement of forwards for 2024.
Can’t samuela fainu cover prop / 2rf or edge and lock ?

Serious question.

Even if we wanted to let Latu go why would we let Samuela go ? He’s in the nsw under 19 team. He’s only 18 and he looked very good in first grade.

Lo

p

Can’t samuela fainu cover prop / 2rf or edge and lock ?

Serious question.

Even if we wanted to let Latu go why would we let Samuela go ? He’s in the nsw under 19 team. He’s only 18 and he looked very good in first grade.
Yes, @JenEagle he can. We would have kept him to cover those positions in a perfect world. However, Tartak World is far from perfect. Unfortunately, the loss of Samuela (and Latu) from MWSE will become the most visible collateral damage from Tartak's unethical (arguably) and destabilising negotiation techniques.

Potential 2024 Manly Squad
Aaron Woods (M), Ben Trbojevic (BR/OB), Ben Condon (BR/M), Brad Parker (BR/OB), Christian Tuipulotu (OB), Daly Cherry-Evans (H), Dean Matterson (BR/H), Ethan Bullemore (M/BR), Haumole Olakau'atu (OB), Jacob Sykes (M), Jake Arthur (H), Jake Trbojevic (M/BR), Jamie Humphries (DH/H), Jason Saab (OB), Jaxson Paulo (OB), Josh Aloiai (M), Josh Schuster (BR/H), Kaeo Weekes (OB/H), Karl Lawton (DH), Kelma Tuilag (BR), Lachlan Croker (DH), Luke Brooks (H), Naufahu Whyte (M/BR), Raymond Vaega (OB), Reuben Garrick (OB), Taniela Paseka (M), Tom Trbojevic (OB), Tommy Talau (OB), Toafofoa Sipley (M), Tolutau Koula (OB).
M - Middle
BR - Backrow
DH - Dummy Half
H - Half
OB - Outside Back

Note: I believe both Fainu's could have remained in the thirty for 2024 if Tartak hadn't sought further upgrades from Mestrov for both players.

Yes, the above is only a supposition ........

Last edited:
Why don't we just sign Eddie Blacker from the Panthers.
Off contract - 23 years old , 1.95m (6"5) , 116kg.
The guy should be pretty cheap, considering he's hardly played any football....and he can imitate Scott Sattler. Looks like a real meat axe.

Surely he can't be much worse than Woods / Boyle.

Last edited:
This constant discussion about Woods being resigned is starting to grate on me.

You all know we have to have a level of cheapies , don’t you ??

Morgan Boyle has played 2 games in 3 years and is virtually our 29th or 30th player never seeing first grade unless it’s desperation times.

Woods is way more experienced than Boyle and for the same money a way better option.

Boyle will be let go , Woods replaces him , same $$$ , and a better option.

If Keppie is let go ( a BIG if ) it’ll be because we need the money for a bigger fish !!

It’s not “ we are moving on Keppie to sign Woods “

Rant over !!

We need a ready made established forward leader to add to the roster. A representative perhaps. Big Tino, Lindsay Collins, Moses Leota etc

Yes, @JenEagle he can. We would have kept him to cover those positions in a perfect world. However, Tartak World is far from perfect. Unfortunately, the loss of Samuela (and Latu) from MWSE will become the most visible collateral damage from Tartak's unethical (arguably) and destabilising negotiation techniques.

Aaron Woods (M), Ben Trbojevic (BR/OB), Ben Condon (BR/M), Brad Parker (BR/OB), Christian Tuipulotu (OB), Daly Cherry-Evans (H), Dean Matterson (BR/H), Ethan Bullemore (M/BR), Haumole Olakau'atu (OB), Jacob Sykes (M), Jake Arthur (H), Jake Trbojevic (M/BR), Jamie Humphries (DH/H), Jason Saab (OB), Jaxson Paulo (OB), Josh Aloiai (M), Josh Schuster (BR/H), Kaeo Weekes (OB/H), Karl Lawton (DH), Kelma Tuilag (BR), Lachlan Croker (DH), Luke Brooks (H), Naufahu Whyte (M/BR), Raymond Vaega (OB), Reuben Garrick (OB), Taniela Paseka (M), Tom Trbojevic (OB), Tommy Talau (OB), Toafofoa Sipley (M), Tolutau Koula (OB).
M - Middle
BR - Backrow
DH - Dummy Half
H - Half
OB - Outside Back

Note: I believe both Fainu's could have remained in the thirty for 2024 if Tartak hadn't sought further upgrades from Mestrov for both players.

Yes, the above is only a supposition ........
Gordon signed a top 30 contract for next year

Gordon signed a top 30 contract for next year
I knew I had forgotten somebody @Stewbojevic . I should have worked it out when we seemed to be lacking depth at dummy half. Back to NSW Cup for Dean Matterson

Aaron Woods (M), Ben Trbojevic (BR/OB), Ben Condon (BR/M), Brad Parker (BR/OB), Christian Tuipulotu (OB), Daly Cherry-Evans (H), Ethan Bullemore (M/BR), Gordon Chan Kum Tong (DH), Haumole Olakau'atu (OB), Jacob Sykes (M), Jake Arthur (H), Jake Trbojevic (M/BR), Jamie Humphries (DH/H), Jason Saab (OB), Jaxson Paulo (OB), Josh Aloiai (M), Josh Schuster (BR/H), Kaeo Weekes (OB/H), Karl Lawton (DH/BR), Kelma Tuilag (BR), Lachlan Croker (DH), Luke Brooks (H), Naufahu Whyte (M/BR), Raymond Vaega (OB), Reuben Garrick (OB), Taniela Paseka (M), Tom Trbojevic (OB), Tommy Talau (OB), Toafofoa Sipley (M), Tolutau Koula (OB).
M - Middle
BR - Backrow
DH - Dummy Half
H - Half
OB - Outside Back

This constant discussion about Woods being resigned is starting to grate on me.

You all know we have to have a level of cheapies , don’t you ??

Morgan Boyle has played 2 games in 3 years and is virtually our 29th or 30th player never seeing first grade unless it’s desperation times.

Woods is way more experienced than Boyle and for the same money a way better option.

Boyle will be let go , Woods replaces him , same $$$ , and a better option.

If Keppie is let go ( a BIG if ) it’ll be because we need the money for a bigger fish !!

It’s not “ we are moving on Keppie to sign Woods “

Rant over !!
I agree Mark, Woods holds the middle when he is on the field in defence. He has played 7 games , Made 162 tackles only missed 6 ! In comparison Condon has played 4 games made 39 Tackles and missed 7 .
FWIW I would prefer we keep Keppie .

Keppie has been great this year, what concerns me is that I can't see us replacing him with a forward of the same quality for less money

As far as I can tell, the noise around Keppie leaving is pure speculation.

Like the noise that had Kyle Flanagan signed, sealed and delivered a couple of months ago.

The guy should retire, his had his turn and has nothing left to offer, his achieved much now it’s time to let the next generation have there turn, why Seibs would extend him even as a depth player is beyond me.
yeah, I've been a supporter of Woods on here, thought he could of done a job for us, in a way he does, he makes a lot of combo tackles not single tackles tho. His leg speed is stuck on, fast walk into the line followed by a lobed offload in the air in traffic. Can't fault his work ethic tho, but we need to move on now for a player that's younger and more destructive.

yeah, I've been a supporter of Woods on here, thought he could of done a job for us, in a way he does, he makes a lot of combo tackles not single tackles tho. His leg speed is stuck on, fast walk into the line followed by a lobed offload in the air in traffic. Can't fault his work ethic tho, but we need to move on now for a player that's younger and more destructive.
Put Woods in an average forward pack like Manly = Looks good.
Put Woods in a premiership contending team or in most other teams = Looks bog average

Answer: The team needs to be in a situation of the latter and not fall into false sense of security thinking that Woods looks good because he's still got it.

Agree but remember we have to have 30 and they can’t all be superstars.

If we do manage to swap out Keppie for a gun prop , then Woods is just replacing Boyle , and you must agree that is a slight improvement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10