The season of my discontent ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here is one of mine

There once was a young man named Cyril
Who was had in a wood by a squirrel,
And he liked it so good
That he stayed in the wood
Just as long as the squirrel stayed virile.
From the depths of the crypt at St Giles
Came a scream that resounded for miles
Said the vicar, 'good gracious,
Has Father Ignatious
Forgotten the bishop has piles.

Signing in today ... with the only thing worth looking forward to was a Schadenfreude pleasure of reading posts lolling at Parra got me to ponder .. so

Apologies for introducing a negative thread ... (it's not my go) ... but perhaps creating an outlet for my disappointment and the resulting counselling from fellow Silvertails will be prove cathartic in nature.

I began the season with great hope and expectation ... not of a Premiership .. but of the turning of the tide back to greatness .. Dessie's back, coming off a 6th place in 2019 ... confident of a top 4 finish with a bullet for 2021 ...

So ... to use at MarkfromBrissie's word of the month ... I will purge my emotions by listing in no particular order my disappointments ..

1) .. The season ending injuries to Turbo and Walker ..
2) .. The failure of a conclusion to the Fainu conspiracy ..
3) .. The inability of our back-up players to rise to the occasion ..
4) .. The seeming inability of Dessie and the players to adapt to the new style of footy ..
5) .. The lack of coaching and opportunity given to Guacomole and Schuster ... both would have been better with more games.
6) .. The moderate impact of Levi ..
7) .. All other injuries ...
8) .. The failure of Suli to mature into a consistent 1st grade beast ..
9) .. The seeming failure of our game structures and defence ..
10) .. Our seeming lack of heart ... many games we were just not Manly ..
11) .. The failure of Croker to go to the next level ..
12 .. Albert Hopoate ...

That's enough ... I'm depressing myself ... and I know there have been some positives ... and I am and always will be confident about next year ... Fix it Dessie ...

All very valid and appropriate points mate. The positive in that, I guess is that most of them can be turned around, and quickly. Response below:

1) .. Injuries are hit and miss. Let's hope for an injury free Walker / Turbo (both marquee)
2) .. We'll get closure on Fainu this season, either way. My suspicion? He's playing game one
3) .. Better depth, and another year of experience for the depth guys, they'll improve
4) .. "Hopefully" fresh ideas with a different support cast. Agree with you though
5) .. Totally frustrating I agree, but even if mainly forced, improved towards the seasons end
6) .. I like Danny, tried his best, but he's gone now
7) .. See reply one :cool:
8) .. Tough one, because he can destroy the opposition, but you are spot on
9) .. See reply four :cool:
10) .. Bringing in competitors (and I believe a few more) will really help change up culture
11) .. Added depth in that area means Croker is quite far from 1st grade. He's pretty good to me
12) .. 19, coming back from injury, 9 NRL games in a terribly injured group..he'll be amazing imo

Dessie has proven he can turn a firedump, into a german orgy (speaking of which, reminded me of a dream I had last night, I'll say no more on that hahahaha, was good though :rofl:)...so I have faith we'll be a "real" darkhorse next season, and this will be close to the team (and young as heck):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker (GK)
04. Moses Suli
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
08. (NEW) XXXXXX
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (VC)

14. Keiran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Coach: Des Hasler
Assistant Coach: XXXXXX

All very valid and appropriate points mate. The positive in that, I guess is that most of them can be turned around, and quickly. Response below:

1) .. Injuries are hit and miss. Let's hope for an injury free Walker / Turbo (both marquee)
2) .. We'll get closure on Fainu this season, either way. My suspicion? He's playing game one
3) .. Better depth, and another year of experience for the depth guys, they'll improve
4) .. "Hopefully" fresh ideas with a different support cast. Agree with you though
5) .. Totally frustrating I agree, but even if mainly forced, improved towards the seasons end
10) .. Bringing in competitors (and I believe a few more) will really help change up culture
11) .. Added depth in that area means Croker is quite far from 1st grade. He's pretty good to me
12) .. 19, coming back from injury, 9 NRL games in a terribly injured group..he'll be amazing imo

Dessie has proven he can turn a firedump, into a german orgy (speaking of which, reminded me of a dream I had last night, I'll say no more on that hahahaha, was good though :rofl:)...so I have faith we'll be a "real" darkhorse next season, and this will be close to the team (and young as heck):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker (GK)
04. Moses Suli
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Josh Schuster
08. (NEW) XXXXXX
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (VC)

14. Keiran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Very upbeat mate , sincerely hope you nail it!!

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker (GK)
04. Moses Suli
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Josh Schuster
08. (NEW) XXXXXX
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (VC)

14. Keiran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Dessie has proven he can turn a firedump, into a german orgy ....
One of your best !!! @Ryan LOL

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker (GK)
04. Moses Suli
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Josh Schuster
08. (NEW) XXXXXX
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (VC)

14. Keiran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Thanks for your response Ryan ... I am by nature a positive person ... and I have all the respect for Dessie that his achievements deserve ... he is a total control guy, so it all rests on his shoulders ... and I am up-beat about our prospects ..

But, he is coming off what I would call a failure of both recruitment and style from the doggies .. so I think there is a fair amount of pressure on the mad scientist to show he still has the right formulae for success ...

Thanks for your response Ryan ... I am by nature a positive person ... and I have all the respect for Dessie that his achievements deserve ... he is a total control guy, so it all rests on his shoulders ... and I am up-beat about our prospects ..

But, he is coming off what I would call a failure of both recruitment and style from the doggies .. so I think there is a fair amount of pressure on the mad scientist to show he still has the right formulae for success ...

Ryan's response is too much on topic, I feel it should be deleted or a Shakespeare quote added!

The moral of the story here is
We can never rest on our laurels .
Des must make his mark in 2021

I’ve said this elsewhere but I believe with all the changing of the guard coaching wise that Des is under the most pressure in 2021.

Only time will tell!!
And the media have given him a free ride which has concerned me all year. Des and other staff have been coasting all year and have all done so with minimal accountability.

Des is indeed the coach most under pressure in 2021 and if we finish anywhere near 13th he will mostly be gone by season end.

And the media have given him a free ride which has concerned me all year. Des and other staff have been coasting all year and have all done so with minimal accountability.

Des is indeed the coach most under pressure in 2021 and if we finish anywhere near 13th he will mostly be gone by season end.
Firstly let me say that Des was one of my favourite inspirational Manly players . He was a super competitor and resilient player and a Manly legend . As well he was a results driven master coach and because of him and the great squad of players that he built our club proudly boasts the biggest winning grand final win ever !!!
The fact is we are all as great as our last great performance and our last great performance was Dessies last great performance when we won the title back in 2011
Des was brought to the club to get the job done in getting our team to win a grand final
Anything other than that will be a massive anti climax and a failure to both Des's high standards and our our Legendary clubs high standards .
I am sure that I speak for every passionate Manly fan when i say that we all will be so proud of Des if he can rekindle his Magic and make our Legendary club the most successful and envied club in the NRL once again
20ba328e2ee8f6b8f92b2bfbe2950e53.jpg

Firstly let me say that Des was one of my favourite inspirational Manly players . He was a super competitor and resilient player and a Manly legend . As well he was a results driven master coach and because of him and the great squad of players that he built our club proudly boasts the biggest winning grand final win ever !!!
The fact is we are all as great as our last great performance and our last great performance was Dessies last great performance when we won the title back in 2011
Des was brought to the club to get the job done in getting our team to win a grand final
Anything other than that will be a massive anti climax and a failure to both Des's high standards and our our Legendary clubs high standards .
I am sure that I speak for every passionate Manly fan when i say that we all will be so proud of Des if he can rekindle his Magic and make our Legendary club the most successful and envied club in the NRL once again
View attachment 15751
Well said @BOZO
Des and the club just can’t accept the standards we set in 2020.
onward and upward in 2021

Well said @BOZO
Des and the club just can’t accept the standards we set in 2020.
onward and upward in 2021
Putting our Legendary clubs high standards in perspective feathered friend...
Our Legendary clubs emblem is the mighty Sea eagle and no other Gods creation soars higher
Anything other than being on top of the NRL Premiership or club membership
Is a failure to all Manly people
Great players and fans make great clubs and our legendary great club is calling on all great Manly people to make their mark and make our club great once again .
We all know what is expected of us and we all know what the right thing and the only honourable thing to do is in 2021
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

Totally agree with all of that. Coaches adapt and change, look at Bellamy. The Storm's game is always one step ahead of most. Coaches need to be inventors, not reactors. Hope Des being risk adverse doesn't cost us players and more games.

Totally agree with all of that. Coaches adapt and change, look at Bellamy. The Storm's game is always one step ahead of most. Coaches need to be inventors, not reactors. Hope Des being risk adverse doesn't cost us players and more games.
I’ve said this a few times on here , I really think Des and perhaps the Dalai Arthur are the two coaches with their heads on the chopping block next season.

There’s been so many changes made in 2020 that Des was sort of “ glossed over” as a coach under pressure but if we have another **** year next year then his neck is really on the line ( IMO).

I’ve put aside my personal thoughts on his departure and given him the full respect he deserves as our coach but if we come out next year without any change to the way we do things and start getting easily put away I’m going to join the @strone33 ” sack Des” brigade.

I fully ( yes fully) realise the impact losing Tom and Walks for most of this season ( and others of course ) but seriously other clubs have injury issues too and manage to get through them, the Bunnies a great example of this.

Excuses and more excuses , to be honest I’m over them !!

Anyone who can turn a Peter Sharpe coached team around in just a few years, has to get people's respect hahaha
Can't forget the cap cheating though

I think the eels window is closing very soon and they know it :nod:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4