The season of my discontent ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Put aside your concerns (in the words of BOZO) feathered friend.

What happened to Manly this year has befallen many teams that make part of a growing list. You could see early on in the year already that defences were falling apart:

First to fall apart were the Broncos and Bulldogs (who I note play a Manly style game), and the Tigers. Then came Manly. These teams started to leak an average of 30+ points a week. I note the others down there (Saints and Nth Qld) were always ****.

Then came some of the fringe eight teams - Newcastle, Cronulla - started leaking some big scores. Then last of all the Roosters and Parra - big leaks baby. That strong early year defence became swiss cheese.

Parallel to this injuries all over the place - particularly leg injuries.

There is only so much teams designed for pre-2020 rugby league can take, and many are falling. Look at some of the scores in the finals series - seems an average of 70 points a game are being scored.

In the end we have four surviving teams, and they are long developed teams with the most structured defence and attack, and not based on brawn and sparkle. It just happened to end up that way.

I think the NRL have opened the tap a little too far based on the injuries we are seeing. It will be interesting to see what happens over the off-season. But either way this is a massive transition in the game, and the next couple of years are going to be an absolute lottery in terms who who wins the comp. The Manly club have to make some big changes in they way they play, the type of player they recruit, and have a sprinkle of luck.

Interesting times ahead, but the pre-2020 Manly will be no more.

NYEagle
Very deep thinking post and great effort feathered friend . A lot you say makes sense but IMO good players and good teams make their own luck . The best coach with the most dominant 30 man squad will always be competitive and challenge for the title

OK ... @globaleagle and @Moondog .. you hilarious pair of numbnuts win .... next time I am just going to call the thread ... "I'm disappointed" ...

He scoffs at scars that has never felt a wound ....

This isn't a Shakespeare thread? Ye olde nogging muste be failing.

I was just helping out nightster, plus you're a bit disappointed, yeah yeah, yeah...

whadya want from me? "Ok boomer!"

lolololocoptor

Though the real tragedy here is no one got my Nick deVere reference.

Happy Canada thanksgiving day!

edit: 'jests' not scoffs. sheesh, heathen! lol @:p:D:inlove::wondering::nerd::hi::angel:

I think Des has to shoulder a big responsibility for our results this season. Yes you can’t help bad luck with injuries but in a collision sport like rugby league you need to plan for them. We failed to do so whereas many other teams with bad injury tolls seemingly did as they found other ways to win. I don’t think Des held to account our consistently non-performing players, he seemed to fear blooding alternatives until very late in the season when results didn’t matter anymore.

I think Des has to shoulder a big responsibility for our results this season. Yes you can’t help bad luck with injuries but in a collision sport like rugby league you need to plan for them. We failed to do so whereas many other teams with bad injury tolls seemingly did as they found other ways to win. I don’t think Des held to account our consistently non-performing players, he seemed to fear blooding alternatives until very late in the season when results didn’t matter anymore.
Agree , which is why in my humble opinion his head is absolutely on the chopping block and he , and the Dalai Arthur are the two most “ at risk “ coaches going into 2021.

#9 #9 Wherefore art thou #9?
I see that you have a poetic soul @niccipops

I also have a soft spot for poetry
This is one of my favourite poems which I will dedicate to you ...
Have a great day :)

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

I see that you have a poetic soul @niccipops

I also have a soft spot for poetry
This is one of my favourite poems which I will dedicate to you ...
Have a great day :)

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
Here is one of mine

There once was a young man named Cyril
Who was had in a wood by a squirrel,
And he liked it so good
That he stayed in the wood
Just as long as the squirrel stayed virile.

Here is one of mine

There once was a young man named Cyril
Who was had in a wood by a squirrel,
And he liked it so good
That he stayed in the wood
Just as long as the squirrel stayed virile.
Good on you Feathered friend . Great way to start the day with some laughter :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4