The Sea Eagle has Landed-time for an update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Yeah I never read the Ridge book. The Menzies book was fantastic as was Arko.

The worst biography for my money was Steve Waugh.

Really ? I liked Steve Waughs book, and I'm not even that huge a fan of his. Do you like cricket in general ?

bob dylan said:

Ridgeys one is a laugh, Tooves wouldn't give him the time of day when he started

I didn't mind the Steve Waugh one, took a while to get through though !

A surprisingly interesting read was Bill Harrigans book

Yeah I love cricket, particularly the history of the game. I have read some great cricket books, one of the best being A A Maileys 10-66 written in the 1920's everyone should read this one.

I thought Steves was too detailed, maybe I should give it another go.

I loved Bill Waterhouses biography, and currently reading former AC/DC bassists Mark Evans book.

Matabele said:
Ian Roberts' book is a good read.

That was a good read.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Would love Brett stewart to put out a book when his career is over.

Now that would be an interesting read!!

Yes, we might just find out what was said between he and Gallop on the Grand Final podium in that book if it ever eventuates.

Regardless it's due for an update and would sell like hotcakes....and as I said Zorba would be the perfect one to do it...and since he's retired now a good way to fill in the time in 2012.

I might suggest it to him when he's back from Holidays

I've got 'TSEHL' and it ended in 1990. Good read (author Robert Smith), but it lacked detailed appendices covering our rep players etc. There was some there, but it could have been much better - i.e. dates covering when they played for City/Country/state and/or Australia. That stuff is out there so it shouldn't be too hard to round up.

I'd like to see more detail also on Brookvale Oval, previous plans, future plans, imagery of the ground over the years etc. Again, the photos are out there. The Warringah Shire website has some great old photos of the ground.

Kiwi Eagle said:
bob dylan said:

Ridgeys one is a laugh, Tooves wouldn't give him the time of day when he started

I didn't mind the Steve Waugh one, took a while to get through though !

A surprisingly interesting read was Bill Harrigans book

Mark Waugh's one was terrible. One of my favourite ever players but the writer just went through the motions, Junior really should have bought the whole run & pulped it.

As for Zorba, if he really wrote a book without pulling any punches it would be a best-seller. Imagine what all the inside goss he knows about the game after all his time as a player, journo & official. I doubt he would do it though.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
As for Zorba, if he really wrote a book without pulling any punches it would be a best-seller. Imagine what all the inside goss he knows about the game after all his time as a player, journo & official. I doubt he would do it though.

Oh he will. Reilly better keep his army of QC's on standby.

Des Hasler's is a good read, as is Mossop's. Ridge's is ok, but it certainly doesn't give me any sympathy for him. Menzies' and Arthurson's are excellent. Vautin's, O'Connor's and Lyon's are all very interesting and give good insights. Are there any others featuring Manly players out there?

Manly To Win! said:
Des Hasler's is a good read, as is Mossop's. Ridge's is ok, but it certainly doesn't give me any sympathy for him. Menzies' and Arthurson's are excellent. Vautin's, O'Connor's and Lyon's are all very interesting and give good insights. Are there any others featuring Manly players out there?

Mal Reilly, Wally O'Connell, Ian Roberts (mentioned elsewhere in this thread). I'm sure I've missed someone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6